Let's sort Davie out with a PSVR. Can we 'stretch' to a digital copy of Destiny 2?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Iv had a bit of a cold the last couple of days so my nose, chest and throat haven't been right good.
    I also didn't have 2 of my tablets for last night and this morning as pharmacy messed up my prescription and i should be collecting them today.

My sense of smell has definitely improved for better or worse and iv had terrible flatulence becouse of medication.

I could also taste blood last night and felt my chest were a little tight, not sure if these were phantom symptoms becouse i was paranoid about being down 2 of my tablets for today and last night but made sleep harder to get.
    (may have gave my self the cold while out on friday)

Got appointments out the wazoo today too.
    Smoking clinic for to see if i can get more patches and refills for my inhilator.
    I have 1 patch left for today and my inhilator ran out two days ago so i just kept using the same dead one in it till late last night when i started craving but was hust getting a horrible taste and a dry mouth and cough.
    Took the refill thing out and just rested the empty inhilator in my mouth sucking air thru it and playing with it in my hands.

I also have to go for blood tests today to see how im doing and i may have a damaged liver function from previous years that i never had checked.
    (im a bit scared of this)

Recieved a letter on friday saying the cardiac team have been trying to phone me for the last two weeks too so i rung them back and left my girlfriends number for them to get in contact with me.
    They've phoned this morning while i was still asleep and are gonna ring later after doctors etc.
    They should know better about my exercise and stuff i should do and how to step it up etc.
    (thankfully)

Quite a bit of information there and iv not even talked about the two people who were family friends and died for varying reasons over the last week.
    (madeline bell who died in her sleep on holiday in lanzarotiee with her man and little girl.
    And jay jay taylor who was bottled and stabbed in the neck outside a pub by all round prick bad guy drug dealer jack costello)

Quite a lot going on in my shitty little existance and my moods are all over the place at the moment.
    Il update with more later on.

Christ man. Just try to focus on yourself, you’re doing great, keep it up.
  • Trying pal im trying.
  • Had my pharmacy appointment wich involved me watching a countdown from 20 to 15 then holding my breath from there to 0 and breathing in a thing that mesures my carbon or something like that.
    Im now a non-smoker and get no help.

They will however sell everything to me the cunts!

Couldn't hold my breath that long so i kinda cheated myself out of the help, il be telling my doctor.
    I was clearly out of breath after this small excercise and it wad noticeable, im gonna ask about support groups i think.

On leaving i was over honest and told the lady i feel like banging my head off the wall with cravings.
    And told her i may get some tobacco and come back. (i won't obviously but i was just peed off and having a moment).

• So i shopped about for patches as i need to just pay for them and wont get any help of the nhs.

Got 2 weeks worth at £18 a week.
    If tbis keeps up i wont be smoking but i wont be eating either.

Had my blood test and i have an appointment for my results on 17th i think.
    While there i was feeling faint and couldn't get my breath so the nurse took my blood pressure.
    All seems ok but i asked for some water as i was losing sensation to my hands and was boiling up without actual sweat.
    Walked out with my jumper and jacket in my hands eventually.

Went down stairs to collect my prescription tablets i was missing.
    And they still didn't have them so i was advised to try another pharmacy.

Went to market street pharmacy who also didn't have them but have orderd them in for me for tomorrow.
    Explained that i had missed a night one and a morning one at least becouse id run out and they'd messed my prescription up on friday.
    Sat on the floor as my breathing was becoming harder and i was boiling again.
    The consultant asked me in to his room and went thru my tablets with me and couldn't understand why one packet from doctors it said 1 a day yet on my discharge notes i had with me and on my labeling from hospital tablets it said one twice a day!
    He recommend i went a and e as he thought i may need oxygen becouse of my breathing, i asked if i could have the tablets i was missing as an emergeny for tonight while i waited for tomorrows, i could always crush them up and have them when i get home.

Got a taxi home and immediately crushed one up and down it went.

Had half a sandwich and got a call from cardiac team i was expecting, Explaind all and have an appointment for tomorrow at 3.

Can feel everything my heart is doing,
    Apparently its side effects of some of my tablets.
    Along with all the rest of the side effects.

Im a mess.
    Just wish it would end.
  • It should get better once your tablets are sorted at least. Hang in there mate.

What are the patches you're using?
  • Aye, what you've been going through recently is beyond shit, but you're not alone.
  • Things will get better Davie. Give it time, you'll be back to your old self before you know it.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It should get better once your tablets are sorted at least. Hang in there mate.

What are the patches you're using?

Nicorette 25mg.
    Im told i only use them for 6 weeks total, so not as bad as first thought.
    Unlikely wrote:
    Aye, what you've been going through recently is beyond shit, but you're not alone.
    g.man wrote:
    Things will get better Davie. Give it time, you'll be back to your old self before you know it.

Cheers guys not sure if its all the shit going on or a combination of that and mood swings from coming off the ciggies too.

Can taste the metallic taste again.
    (im told its a metalic taste but its more like blood and a side effect of my meds)

Il hang in.
    Thanks guys feels good to just get it out.
  • Phenomenal effort Davie, keep it up.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Echoed keep up the excellent work.

When you have your down moments just keep coming back here and we’ll give you a virtual slap / kick up the arse / kiss / hug*

*delete as appropriate.

• b0r1s wrote:
    Echoed keep up the excellent work.

When you have your down moments just keep coming back here and we’ll give you a blowie*

*delete as appropriate.
    Done.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That kind of thing is what got you into this mess in the first place.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    That kind of thing is what got you into this mess in the first place.

Na that just helped accelerate it, artery were blocked 99%
  • With all the stuff going on around you and your own stuff I reckon you're doing great Davie and just getting through a shitty day without smoking is a huge achievement. Don't forget that and hang on in there Davie. I'd make you a medal except I was shit at metal work!!
    Peter3C
  • Better day today.

Baddish start but got on with things anyway.
    Pharmacys were shit.
    Cardiac nurse were amazing and wisg i had seen her a lot sooner.
    Most of whats happening is to do with side effects and on a plus and negative i have more tablets and gaviscon, so heart burn will be lessend.
    Taste of blood/metal wont go for quite some time.

Not to worry too much about diet at the moment as the smoking is the main thing and she reckons im doing too much and pushing too hard.

Still not smoked and stood talking to 2 smokers outside health centre today.
    I felt really proud of myself.

Cardiac nurse is gonna get me in a smoking group for quitters and says i should be a part of mind matters for my mental health.

Better more positive outlook today and i feel so much better.
    (at least till my night time tablets)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Good to hear that you’re getting some ongoing support. Other than a bunch of nerds on a forum, obvs.
  • You guys are better than all of them yoss x
  • Just checking in Davie,how are you this Saturday?
    Peter3C
  • A lot better pal thanks, Seems things are starting to even out.
    Have a stupid amount of appointments for next week but thats to be expected.
    Just getting on with it for now and taking it a day at a time.
  • Good stuff Davie.
    Peter3C
  • pc71 wrote:
    Good stuff Davie.

Thanks pal.
  • Quick update.

I got engaged today!

That is all.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Did you do it in vr
  • Wish id thought of that!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Congrats.

Please see your doctor before starting your honeymoon.
  • Absolute lad.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Cheers guys.

Back at docs in a couple week, il do a lenghty update soon.
    Need to know what iv put already.
  • That's super news Davie! Congratulations to you both.

best wishes

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!