Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • PTR?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    PTR?

Public test server, to check changes before they go live on the main servers.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sorry yeah should have read PTS. PTR stuck in my head from WoW days. Still good news though. Anyway, here's the link to the new road map: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46871
  • Yeah, my mind defaults to ptr, too.
  • For all the issues this game has (and it does still have issues) there’s already some really positive changes. The exotic buffs are lovely and I’ve actually taken to using weapons other than my beloved Crimson (and that particular weapon is far better in PvP now). Fooled around with the Tractor Cannon of all things today, and am now 50% of the way to making it a masterwork after finding a catalyst.

Also, Heroic Strikes are fantastic. The modifiers really force you to adapt. Had some great games these last couple of days with various peeps here, both in PvE and PvP.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    There are some nice changes. I am just baffled by the design decisions made at Bungie though. Heroic Strikes are a 350 activity and Nightfall (typically and end-game activity) is now 270. The Nightfall, being 80 Light Levels lower than Heroics offer's better rewards.

I just spent over an hour in the Nocris Strike on Heroic before we all finally gave up after failing 5-6 times. We just said whats the point anyway, we're 350+ LL and will only get 340 loot. Might as well do the easier Nightfall and get a Powerful Engram.

Just really strange and odd design decisions. Seriously.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I just spent over an hour in the Nocris Strike on Heroic before we all finally gave up after failing 5-6 times.

Noob. ;)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Totally. Just gave up in the end, got fed up of being one shotted by Thrall's that would appear from no where. Plus ya know, whats the point when the loots no use to me.

This game. Such a love/hate relationship...
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Totally. Just gave up in the end, got fed up of being one shotted by Thrall's that would appear from no where. Plus ya know, whats the point when the loots no use to me.

This game. Such a love/hate relationship...

Stay quite far back by rocks and watch both ways if they get too close jump them and move to the other side rocks.
    Telesto fucking destroys on void singe too.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is Nightfall loot always powerful or is it just the milestone?
  • Milestone.

It's so that players without DLC can still do the Nightfall. If you do have DLC, you can do the Prestige Nightfall, which is 360.
  • Milestone.

It's so that players without DLC can still do the Nightfall. If you do have DLC, you can do the Prestige Nightfall, which is 360.

You can use card to make it harder and get more points too, it lowers your power level like a handicap but increases a multiplier.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I found the DARCI master work early on in WM and the buffs to the damage means it's the only power weapon now that gets equal time with Sins.
  • I want that catalyst!! Darci is amazing
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'd swap ya for a Skyburner's. Loving it after the changes.
  • Speedhaak wrote:

I just spent over an hour in the Nocris Strike on Heroic before we all finally gave up after failing 5-6 times. We just said whats the point anyway, we're 350+ LL and will only get 340 loot. Might as well do the easier Nightfall and get a Powerful Engram.

Just really strange and odd design decisions. Seriously.

Yeah, seems a lot of people are hitting roadblocks and quiting out of Heroic Strikes. I’m loving the difficulty, loving the OHKO with millions of thralls- it’s forcing me to really pay attention to my positioning and surroundings. Some really challenging PvE, to the extent that I really don’t mind the lack of “reward” - I’m just having too much fun to care.

They’ll add higher loot tiers for heroics at the end of the month, so it’s just a temporary thing anyway.
    digi wrote:
    Stay quite far back by rocks and watch both ways if they get too close jump them and move to the other side rocks.
    Telesto fucking destroys on void singe too.

Been using Telesto loads, but has been usurped the last few Strikes for Tractor Cannon - increased void damage and suppression across the board is too tasty to turn down. Plus, mine is masterworked now.

Also, got my second masterwork exotic completed - I am now the proud owner of a masterwork Crimson. My favourite gun just got better. Yum.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I just spent over an hour in the Nocris Strike on Heroic before we all finally gave up after failing 5-6 times. We just said whats the point anyway, we're 350+ LL and will only get 340 loot. Might as well do the easier Nightfall and get a Powerful Engram. Just really strange and odd design decisions. Seriously.
    Yeah, seems a lot of people are hitting roadblocks and quiting out of Heroic Strikes. I’m loving the difficulty, loving the OHKO with millions of thralls- it’s forcing me to really pay attention to my positioning and surroundings. Some really challenging PvE, to the extent that I really don’t mind the lack of “reward” - I’m just having too much fun to care. They’ll add higher loot tiers for heroics at the end of the month, so it’s just a temporary thing anyway.
    digi wrote:
    Stay quite far back by rocks and watch both ways if they get too close jump them and move to the other side rocks. Telesto fucking destroys on void singe too.
    Been using Telesto loads, but has been usurped the last few Strikes for Tractor Cannon 1 increased void damage and suppression across the board is too tasty to turn down. Plus, mine is masterworked now. Also, got my second masterwork exotic completed - I am not the proud owner of a masterwork Crimson. My favourite gun just got better. Yum.

I can attest to the power of Child's tractor boop. 

Came in very hand last night with a HS boss. Pretty much instand killed it after about 2-3 hours of trying.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I just spent over an hour in the Nocris Strike on Heroic before we all finally gave up after failing 5-6 times. We just said whats the point anyway, we're 350+ LL and will only get 340 loot. Might as well do the easier Nightfall and get a Powerful Engram. Just really strange and odd design decisions. Seriously.
    Yeah, seems a lot of people are hitting roadblocks and quiting out of Heroic Strikes. I’m loving the difficulty, loving the OHKO with millions of thralls- it’s forcing me to really pay attention to my positioning and surroundings. Some really challenging PvE, to the extent that I really don’t mind the lack of “reward” - I’m just having too much fun to care. They’ll add higher loot tiers for heroics at the end of the month, so it’s just a temporary thing anyway.
    digi wrote:
    Stay quite far back by rocks and watch both ways if they get too close jump them and move to the other side rocks. Telesto fucking destroys on void singe too.
    Been using Telesto loads, but has been usurped the last few Strikes for Tractor Cannon 1 increased void damage and suppression across the board is too tasty to turn down. Plus, mine is masterworked now. Also, got my second masterwork exotic completed - I am not the proud owner of a masterwork Crimson. My favourite gun just got better. Yum.

No way!!

Well jel.

Is it noticably better Crucible wise?
  • Ran that strike again with Daq and Rave last night and managed to do it first time - the extra damage is incredibly helpful.

As for Crimson - Not had a chance to test it out yet in the crucible, as I didn’t see anyone around. Will test it later, after work.
  • I haven't had any catalyst drop yet :(
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I haven't had any catalyst drop yet :(

Oh really?

I was actually thinking they were dropping too frequently.

I've got Darci, Vigilance and ... hmm some other one I can't remember right now.

Looking for Crimson though.

Need Crimson.
  • The nature of RNG, innit?

I think the last exotic I got before Osiris launched was the one I had wanted the most - Orpheus Rig. I had been given 100 fucking fighting lions and lucky raspberries up until that point, but none of those sweet tether-boosting leggings, even though they were all that I wanted.

Whereas, I hadn’t really been caring about catalysts at all, and then I get 2 good’uns.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    https://lowlidev.com.au/destiny/maps/mars

Stunning. Interactive guide of all things Mars. Will be using this later.
  • I only just got Fighting Lion after finishing this expansion
  • JRPC wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    digi wrote:

I can attest to the power of Child's tractor boop. 

Came in very hand last night with a HS boss. Pretty much instand killed it after about 2-3 hours of trying.

Aye my tractor is masterworked too.
    I have huckleberry masterworked as well.
    Not had another yet and it seems like ages ago since i had one.

Loving the changes now.
    Skyburners amazing now and so is graviton.
    Gonna have to use crimson a bit more and see if i can get the catalyst as it seems to be dropping more regular.
  • Haven't got around to trying Skyburners yet.

Ill put it on the list.

Jade Rabbit was the other Masterwork I got. Need 250 Crucible kills to activate and it basically doubles the (already pretty good) stability.

Suddenly I've got a million things to do in Destiny 2.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Haven't got around to trying Skyburners yet.

Ill put it on the list.

Jade Rabbit was the other Masterwork I got. Need 250 Crucible kills to activate and it basically doubles the (already pretty good) stability.

Suddenly I've got a million things to do in Destiny 2.

Ooooh i have a jade rabbit with pink ornament iv been meaning to have a go with.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Am I right in thinking normal raid is piss now with the new power max? If lfg wasn't so shit i'd grind that for days with randos.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Am I right in thinking normal raid is piss now with the new power max? If lfg wasn't so shit i'd grind that for days with randos.

Its easier becouse you do more damage.
    Randoms are still random.

We should get a group of badgers for a few raids.
    Its really fun and full of laughs.
  • Looking to do a raid tomorrow, actually. Not gonna plan anything formal, but I know a few people who might be interested. UK am time, if anyone wants to join - we have spots.

Probably raid lair, but we’ll see.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!