The fucking expert
  • Elmlea wrote:
    If you talk about "expert" involving comprehensive knowledge, then probably Destiny 1.  I think I was the most reliable source for exactly how your damage scaled, the systems and mechanisms, and memorising the oracles order to the extent of dreaming about it.

Not videogame but at one point that was me for several races across 40k. Nerds eh?
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Despite the fact that I haven't yet (still) beat Gigawing on 1 credit I am in no doubt that I am extremely knowledgable about the game.  I know how to beat the game on 1 credit , and have done so using save states, I just haven't put it together in one run.

Not sure if this precludes me from being an expert in the game or not.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • At what level does Clefairy evolve into Clefable then? HUH?

At any level you want after catching it. Requires a Moon Stone.

Or you can use a glitch in Red/Blue to do it without a stone: https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Evolve_without_an_evolutionary_stone
  • Oooo, looks like you both got burned.
  • It was a trick question.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Djornson wrote:
    My mates think i am amazing at Trials because i can 0 fault a hard and they are scrubs.
    And this is why Trials is so best.  The gap between Dubs 'n scrubs is gargantuan.

DS who was pretty fucking awesome once said the gap between Dubs and DS is bigger than the gap between DS and the rest of us which was pretty mind blowing.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    To put it into perspective I once took 10 hours over two days to beat one of Dubs' times by 0.3 only to load it back up an hour later to find him 0.4 ahead again. Fucked the effort in the bin after that, I was done.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I had him beat on about three tracks on HD by the end though, they'll stand forever (he's probably gone back and beat them hasn't he)
  • You know what i'm gonna do? Amma play trials.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    @DS You'd disappeared from my friends list last time I had a go on Fusion.  I don't think it counts as a win if you just delete everyone above you.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Is that PS4 or 360? If its 360 we are shit out of luck. I have one good time on Ps4
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Yep, 360, almost got it on PS4 as well but I think I was a bit tired of Trials at that point.  Could go for a new one now though.

I think I'll stick with Trials and Ikaruga as they're verifiable by online leaderboards.  Not sure many top players have Ikaruga on steam so would be interested to see how my score stacks up once the PS4 version materialises.
  • Dude, Nex Machina?! You were like top 5 worldwide or something on every leaderboard.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    Yep, 360, almost got it on PS4 as well but I think I was a bit tired of Trials at that point.  Could go for a new one now though. I think I'll stick with Trials and Ikaruga as they're verifiable by online leaderboards.  Not sure many top players have Ikaruga on steam so would be interested to see how my score stacks up once the PS4 version materialises.

get the golf club 2 on steam so we can have a leveller
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    You can have that one mate, ain't got the megahertz and I am too busy being rubbish at Akai Katana.  Still beat Stormy's score though lol.

I hit Nex hard when it came out, had 1st on Veteran for a while, but I imagine I've slipped quite a way down the rankings as there was clear room for improvement.  Never really got into the two harder difficulties either.  Those were hard.
  • kicked right in the feelz. I gave up on high scores a long time ago, my creaking arthritic digits are a curse. Just play shmups for some masochistic fun these days.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Did anyone know about Super Devil mode in Metal Slug that is in some console ports (NeoGeo and PS1 as far as I know)?

Hard core madness - you unlock it by defeating survival mode - in itself an achievement since that is a deathless completion.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Watched a few Super Devil runs on YT from MS and 2/X, crazy skills on display.  Needless to say, I've never got to try it.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Djornson wrote:
    My mates think i am amazing at Trials because i can 0 fault a hard and they are scrubs.
    And this is why Trials is so best.  The gap between Dubs 'n scrubs is gargantuan.
    DS who was pretty fucking awesome once said the gap between Dubs and DS is bigger than the gap between DS and the rest of us which was pretty mind blowing.

<cough> <cough> grumble grumble. I don't know why I bother!

I kind of disagree, but I see what DS was getting at. It was pretty close the last time I loaded up Evo, which was quite a few years ago.

I do recall having to get into the global top 10 to finally claim a track. Not sure if it is still mine, but if it isn't it definitely doesn't count so ner.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Me and you were pretty damn close lad but once it went to hard tracks you and Dubs owned me. I always preferred speed and flow to advanced tech.

Think I rinse Trials (HD and EVO) for almost three and a half years, good times but fuck ever doing that again with any other game (*cough* FM)
  • Medium/Hard was where all the fun was. Expert was a bit of a grind, and there wasn't much competition on the forum here. I recall trading times on the skyline city expert track with one of the old Edge journos (can't recall the name) - fond memories.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It was Jason iirc, guy was very good. I still watch the odd speedrun stream of Trials and some of the shit needed these days is insane.
  • voices wrote:
      grumble grumble. I don't know why I bother! I kind of disagree, but I see what DS was getting at. It was pretty close the last time I loaded up Evo, which was quite a few years ago. I do recall having to get into the global top 10 to finally claim a track. Not sure if it is still mine, but if it isn't it definitely doesn't count so ner.
    Sorry :) just quoting what i remember DS saying. This might have been before Evo. Now you mention it yes i remember you being insanely good as well. I also seem to recall you beating me and Sparky at Rocket League on PS4 i think so there's that.

Hard/Extreme definitely my favourite. Not sure i ever even 0 faulted an Extreme but i enjoyed the challenge of each obstacle over memorising of easy/mediums.
  • I was no.2 in the world on a Medium track on Trials Evo at one point.  I know I could've shaved the extra .002 off to get global 1st, wish I had. 
    Spoiler:
  • Hehe...I was pretty confident that I was the best in the world on Foreveracers....then I released it and within a week people were absolutely smashing the leaderboards, not only going way faster than the existing times, but also smashing most (if not all) of my own personal bests (that i'd not included on the leaderboards for fear it would look like cheating from the dev). 
    I'm not even the best on my own game! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Oh god, I probably don't even appear any more.
  • Oh god, I probably don't even appear any more.
    Probably not! ;)
    Take the lake for example...around 1 minute was the best time at launch, i knew I could do sub 1 min though.
    My best time on the leaderboard now is 54.7s. Which isn't even in the top 10. Best time is 48s! :D
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Djornson wrote:
    voices wrote:
      grumble grumble. I don't know why I bother! I kind of disagree, but I see what DS was getting at. It was pretty close the last time I loaded up Evo, which was quite a few years ago. I do recall having to get into the global top 10 to finally claim a track. Not sure if it is still mine, but if it isn't it definitely doesn't count so ner.
    Sorry :) just quoting what i remember DS saying. This might have been before Evo. Now you mention it yes i remember you being insanely good as well. I also seem to recall you beating me and Sparky at Rocket League on PS4 i think so there's that. Hard/Extreme definitely my favourite. Not sure i ever even 0 faulted an Extreme but i enjoyed the challenge of each obstacle over memorising of easy/mediums.

There was a point, after/during the ranking glitch where I was globally third over all. I think I had submitted a load of gigatrack times which were double counting, which had inflated my ranking. It's on my CV now.
  • Gigatrack.  Such memories.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!