Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I find myself agreeing with Dante here chaps, I don't like grinding hours into a game hoping for a weapon to drop only to find out its got some crap perks so here we go again! lets grind some more!
    I like knowing that to get A you must do B and C and then you get your rewards, not to get A do lots of B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q... ETC and hope to god that you get lucky. I want to know that if I follow the steps I will get my gun.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I JUST WANT RAID LFG
  • Oh that reminds me, Can we get a raid together for Boris this Sunday?
  • Apparently to play Forsaken you need to own both of the released expansions. Was this the case with Taken King? I can't remember
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nope.
  • Am I reading this right? They are charging £36 for Forsaken, and £25 on top for an annual pass!
    Can-of-sprite
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes
  • Hmmmmmm

I do love Destiny but that bitch costs a lot to keep happy.
    Can-of-sprite
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Glad I sort of slid off the edge during original 2 because this is going nuts now
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Real skeezy that they don't let you pay for individual expansions
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    Apparently to play Forsaken you need to own both of the released expansions. Was this the case with Taken King? I can't remember

It was the case.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My bad
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I think there’s a big difference between those who are PvP focused and those that are PvE focused, TBH. The PvP was never a big draw for me and levelling that out meant removing some of the things that kept me coming back in PvE.

Why refer to grasps then? Grasps archetype pulses were shit for pve in every single iteration of D1. They were a great PvP option (or rather, mathematically something like 1/30 of rolls were good or better for PvP), so why should PvP players waste 20+ hours doing a nf of they weren't lucky enough to do do the solar burn cheese with tether over and over again that one week it was possible to do it?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I didn’t refer to grasps, I don’t even know what they are.

But yes, I’ve said before that I agree that random weapon rolls don’t work for PvP, I’d like to see a handful of fixed weapon types for PvP allowing for more OP randomised stuff in PvE.
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    FYI my GoM was amazing in PvE & PvP :D
  • Haak mentioned it, not Yoss.
  • FYI, it's just kicked me off to do an update.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I didn’t refer to grasps, I don’t even know what they are.

But yes, I’ve said before that I agree that random weapon rolls don’t work for PvP, I’d like to see a handful of fixed weapon types for PvP allowing for more OP randomised stuff in PvE.

My bad, I lump all critics into the other, my enemy, the infidels
  • Prankster wrote:
    FYI my GoM was amazing in PvE & PvP :D

Feeding frenzy, CB and braced frame?
  • What was the iron banner pulse called, i used that in pvp and pve and it was amazing.
    Loved that weapon!
  • Oh that reminds me, Can we get a raid together for Boris this Sunday?

I can't see why not as long as its not intruding on E3 coverage.
  • digi wrote:
    What was the iron banner pulse called, i used that in pvp and pve and it was amazing.
    Loved that weapon!
    Nirwen's mercy?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Oh that reminds me, Can we get a raid together for Boris this Sunday?

Cheers guys. What time does E3 kick off?
  • I find myself agreeing with Dante here chaps, I don't like grinding hours into a game hoping for a weapon to drop only to find out its got some crap perks so here we go again! lets grind some more!
    I like knowing that to get A you must do B and C and then you get your rewards, not to get A do lots of B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q... ETC and hope to god that you get lucky. I want to know that if I follow the steps I will get my gun.

That's what I have liked about monster hunter over Destiny in the long game. There's a progression path for unlocking the weapons and armour you want.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    digi wrote:
    What was the iron banner pulse called, i used that in pvp and pve and it was amazing.
    Loved that weapon!
    Nirwen's mercy?

Thats the one, fucking loved that gun!
  • b0r1s wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Oh that reminds me, Can we get a raid together for Boris this Sunday?

Cheers guys. What time does E3 kick off?

Saturday

(i can just listen to a stream on my phone if theres anything on at the time im interested in)
  • Faction Ralies is MUCH improved and there’s a pretty serious grind involved if you want all the catalysts.

The renown system is awesome and makes the Lost Sectors actual things. More of this sort of stuff!
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • An issue with random rolls in D1 was the amount of variables. I don’t recall the exact number, but if you wanted a Fakebringer, the slot where firefly sat had a possible pool of circa 23 perks. Couple that with trying to drop outlaw at the same time (and the barrel roll, and the middle column...).
    If they can balance random rolls with the ability to also customise with mods, it’ll reduce some of the frustration that can come from pure randomness, while still bringing back some of that grind to get the drop YOU want, and opening up the possibility of there being several ‘god rolls’ rather than just the one.
    PSN: bioTECH
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fatebringer was a fixed roll.

But god rolls only really mattered in PvP anyway. Make that a level playing field and it’s not so much of an issue.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Fatebringer was a fixed roll.

Was their not another handcannon, the same model, that if the rolls were right was considered on par with Fatebringer, hence "Fakebringer"?
    Can-of-sprite

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!