B&B DnD or P&P RPG, potentially? Apparently Definitely.
  • Tempy wrote:
    There's nothing stopping anyone from making a character btw, it would probably be best if everyone who was interested did. I could run this One Shot more than once, if there is enough interest. 

You've got free reign on your characters background, but a good thing to do is have a nice prompt as for why you're in the capmaign. This one has a fairly traditional but quite good one.
    --

You have woken up at a foggy crossroads, in the presence of a group of unfamiliar people. You have some faint memory of an invitation in the recent pass. A dream, a letter or a frenzied beggar requested you come to Barovia, a land you'd only heard of in hushed whispers before.

--

Quoted for page turn.
  • I will make myself a character and she will be a fine one.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    We need to set a date and players first. I am leaning towards Either the 5th/6th, or 12th/13th, with 4 players.
    I could do all those.

Have decided I'll spend tomorrow afternoon near the pool, reading all of the big posts and the rule book. Also noticed if your search twitch did dungeons and dragons it shows up a couple of channels, no idea if any are good but I'll probably have a watch.

• 12th/13th for me.
  • That sounds like 4 or 5?

Nina, Rouj, Hands, Matty, and Tiger?
  • I can currently do any of those dates mate
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Barovia?  Oh man you're killing me. 
  • Dang, if I was in the right time zone I'd be well up for this. We tried to do a bit of DnD back in the high school days but we never took it seriously enough.

Have fun!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks for that Roujin, I'll check it out when I'm on the laptop.

If anyone could upload the Player's Handbook, that'd be ace, with all the new internet rules here I don't really fancy searching for it. Never know who's looking.

Read everything posted on the previous page, thanks a bunch Cinty, Tin and Tempy.
    About meta gaming, will you say something when a player does that @Tempy? I can see myself doing that by accident...

Getting quite excited about this, but also afraid my lack of knowing proper English is gonna kill everyone (I mean, Cinty talked about sconces, I thought those were edibles, cookies or cake or something... This might be why I barely passed any of the language classes at school, I just made everything up). Please don't hate me for that.

Also, I'm listening to The Adventure Zone: Commitment, which has a robot Unicorn. I expect this to be a standard enemy of course (even though their story is written by their DM and set in the current time and world).
  • Nina, if you’re about PM me your email and I’ll send you a Black and white copy of the PHB.

Also, don’t worry about your English - I’ve played with you plenty so I know you’ll be fine. I actually picked “sconces” as a word because it’s exactly the type of word that might come up in D&D but it’s also a word that is really not common in our daily life. I’d hazard a guess that at a table of 6 native speakers, half or more wouldn’t have known what sconces were. So just ask, and the DM will explain.
    Roujin wrote:

That’s awesome.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nina, your English is better than most of the natives.

Good luck with this everyone, hope it goes well. I used to love me some pen and paper rpg
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks Child and Pea, I'll know I'll be fine in the end. Just got too many bored housewives in supermarkets commenting on my accent the last couple days. Those people are really too nosey here, stop drooling over my cheesecake and stop saying how good it looks! That's why it's in my basket, because I'm weak like that and no, I'm not German and I don't care about your friend in Austria that has the same accent... Ooh, you've always wanted to visit Amsterdam?

So it's looking like the 12th or 13th? I'm fine with that, I just won't be able to do the 20th after that.

What will we need to have ready? Discord and use the B&B channel? Cam or no cam? The roll 20 website and some pen and paper too I guess.
  • Yeah I think 12th has been in everyone's list of dates they can make, 13th is the only date me and Honds can't make.

Sounds about right for a list of what to bring Nina, we using roll20 for the game, or just character stuff and dice rolling? Don't think cams are required if people don't want to use them. I think I mentioned possibly streaming it earlier in the thread, but since I haven't played the game before I realised I have no idea how best to stream it so will ditch that. Will stream another session once I've figured out how I'd want to stream me playing it, layouts for character sheet, dice cam, blah blah blah).

Temps do you need to check our characters at some point before we start?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I would like to
  • Hullo thred. I made a folder in the B&B dropbox for this stuff. It's called Dungeons and Badgers, there's a folder in there for character sheets Temps so you can check 'em out. I put mine in there Temps for you to cast your eye over. I think it should all be in order but it was my first time, and it turns out it took way longer to do than I was expecting. 

I would suggest badgers don't leave their characters until the last minute unless they know what they are doing. Speaking as someone who has never done this before it took me three evenings to knock this out, as I had to keep looking up how all the stats work, spellcasting (if you have a character with that), equipment and all that shoite.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So do we have a link to the folder? I was planning to start writing down my character this Tuesday. Don't have time for long computer sessions before. I've got a general idea of what I want to do though.
  • Thanks, Rouj, linky would be good. I'm looking forward to creating my character.
  • If you log into the Dropbox account (details are in the OP in the Dropbox thread in Forum Talk) you should be able to see it, not sure if we can do a link directly since you need to sign in and stuff. If you can't find the thread just chuck me a pm and I'll send the login details.
  • Found it, thanks! Let's see who will be joining the good friar.
  • Will create my character tonight. Excite!
  • Have we set a date for this yet? I've not managed to sit down and create my character yet <sadface> the template is confusing me slightly as well but I'm hoping that things would make more sense when I go through it with the PHB.
  • I dunno if its been confirmed but the 12th was the only date that appeared in everyone's dates they could do so if there's no objections let's go for that?

Templeton to have final say etc.
  • So far 12th is fine.

You really aren't going to get anywhere with the template without reading the relevant parts of the Player's Handbook either
  • Seconded. Players handbook is going to be essential, it also has the rules for how the game works from the players point of view as well.

If anyone has a copy of the pdf they can drop it in the Dropbox folder for others, I only have the book, soz. /humblebrag
  • It's uploaded
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm almost done with my character. B read my back story and thinks I need to expand on it a bit more. Need to transfer some of the stats to the template, a lot is just written down. Don't think I can get that done today (4th of July) but should have it done in the next two days.

What helped me hands is to not try and fill in the template from the start. Get pen and paper. Read the example in the book of Bob creating a character. Pick your race, write down what it tells about that class. Proficiency, language, abilities etc. Then do the same for class and background. With a bit of luck you should see some overlap in specialties. You'll then get to the equipment part I think.

I tried to fill in the template from the get go and got confused. Getting there now though. Just wondering where Roujin got his pictures from...
  • I got them from google.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thought so, was wondering if I missed a part of the phb.

Biggest problem for me with the story is that I don't know of any names (places, clans etc) so need to figure that out in some way. It's a lot of fun though, but I must say that my character didn't come together before I decided on race, class and background. That changed her a lot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!