Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I remember Space 1999 and also UFO.

Well then i'll go and play in the gutter with rat friends and no tv like a deprived member of the Fagin Force.
  • Fagin Force Five
  • Funnily enough, I think UFO has aged better than Space 1999. Loved them both as a kid, but I think the uber 70's stylings of UFO lend it a kitch appeal lacking in Space 1999. 

purple wigs and fishnet catsuits FTW!

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I wanted a SkyDiver toy.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I'm going to be pissed off when Gerry Anderson shows up in the dead thread.

What a tune!

• Tempy wrote:
    I wanted a SkyDiver toy.

YES!
  • How are flares in space not win?
  • hahaha
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Thought: Gerry Anderson is responsible for the tech industries obsession with TLA's
  • Hehe, clearly fashion years (twenty) ahead of its time:
    MV5BMTMzMDUwNDQ3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQ0ODQ2._V1._SX450_SY299_.jpg

Going to sit down with my brother this weekend and hopefully check a couple of the old man's episodes out. There were some good ideas in there, like this one he cooked up.
    After an encounter with a space-time anomaly, the Alphans find their Moon back in the Solar System on a course to re-enter Earth orbit. The celebration ends when it becomes apparent Earth is an inhospitable wasteland. The mystery deepens when they discover a duplicate Moon already in orbit and a duplicate Moonbase Alpha lying empty and deserted.
  • Your old man did a fine job. Space 1999 invariably featured interesting concepts in it's storylines. Always felt it was somewhat let down by an unengaging central cast though.

mixed bag

g.man
  • Reading up on Wiki and it sounds like the second season was dumbed down for Yank audiences.

• That is definitely true. The key change was the new American producer, Fred Freiberger, came on baord - there's an interesting paraphrase of my father's comments in the wiki:
    Johnny Byrne has gone on record saying that Freiberger was a good man and good producer, but not good for Space: 1999. He had gotten them a second year after the cancellation, but the changes he made did not benefit the programme

Edit: @g.man, glad you enjoyed man : )

• I bought Space 1999 on Blu-ray just recently.  Hope you got some royalties.  Maybe spend it in Starbucks.
  • Starbucks is rubbish though.
  • Fucking Cylons!
  • g.man wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    I fucking hate it, and the staff fucking hate it too. regards g.man
    Why??  Would you rather take a ticket?  Or just wait until they call the thing you've ordered?  I guess I really can't understand why so many people get so, so incredibly worked up over having their name shouted out in a coffee shop when their drink's ready.  Why is that such a bad thing?
    Because my name is nobodies fecking business in a random coffee shop.
    My local Starbucks, the baristas know my name anyway, because I'm in there every day, but they hate the practise too because it presents them with an unrealistic expectation that they should remember the name of every semi-regular customer they have.
    If someone asks me my name because they have a genuine interest then that's fine, but to be asked your name by someone who has been directed to do so by corporate buffoons really annoys people in this country (I'll bet the Yanks love it though).
    It's fuckwittery of the highest order. I've been buying coffee in Starbucks for about the last ten years. Strangely they've always managed to get the right cup of coffee to me without having to write my name on the fecking cup. It's a simple concept. You join a queue and order/pay for your drink, then you go to the end of the counter and join a little queue where you wait for your drink to be served.
    It's not rocket science.

really unpopular in this country

g.man

Dell staff are required to ask their customers if they were happy with how they were served.

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Fucking Cylons!
  • You all need to visit real coffee shops.

Also, getting upset that a Starbucks employee wants your name to save confusion when your identical drink is ready is pretty scary.

Do you like that awkward stage of hanging out with 4 other people who all ordered a non fat vanilla latte and wondering which one is yours?

Also, come to Vancouver. I pass a dozen different coffee shops on my 10 minute walk to the office.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Do they know how to make coffee though?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Some do. Starbucks don't.

Because of paleo I actually only drink espresso these days and because my office has extremely good and free espresso I typically only visit a coffee shop when I'm in need of a treat.

My favorite at the moment is Milano. Google it. It's in Gastown.
  • Because of reading this stupid conversation I ended up dreaming I was in a coffee shop last night. They took my name but then took over an hour to actually serve me, every one in the shop was going crazy because it was taking so long.
    An estate agent shouted at them and asked "If It's like this now what is it like Monday morning", then they said they were closed Monday morning. Then it all turned a bit Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares and the manager quit!

That person lost their job beacause of this thread.
  • Monmouth coffee on tap at work. I have to watch my intake, nothing like a mid afternoon heart palpatation to make me wish I was at home.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    All the "Wok to Walk"s over here also put your name on the receipt.This is often more hilarious as with the Starbucks people, as the Wok staff often is Asian. No one recognizes their own name when they yell it.

I hardly ever go to places where they need to have my name anyway, but can't say I'm really bothered with it. It's probably quickest way of serving customers, specially as the Wok's often have waiting lines that go outside.
  • It's just the British way really. We don't want to be asked question or have a chat or give over our name, we want to order in the most minimal way, pay and be done with it.
    We want ration books with numbered tickets and queues around the corner so we can winge about being in them, ideally it will be raining too so we can whinge about that at the same time.
    We are a cynical nation that is oft suspicious of potential falsness and threatened by Americanisms.
    Every now and then we go crazy with mass striking, punk music and modern art.
    For the most though we don't take to change too well.

Massively generalising obviously.
  • There is no need for staff in any coffee house, restaurant etc to know my name.  I've never yet failed to be served in a timely and appropriate fashion because I didn't tell them my name first.  If it ain't broke...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    My first complaint of the day is - If you're going to name a shop Bonnie & Clyde why would you just do womens clothes?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!