The IT'S NOT DANTE thread of DmC: Devil may Cry
  • Died on the boss, which takes you back to the beginning of the demo annoyingly. Might try again and see if I can finish it.

I like the mix between dmc4 and ninjas dmc. The arm stuff with Nero defintely needs getting used to.
  • Played the demo. It's slick and looks great, but it's hard to tell much from it.

And it's years since I've played Bayonetta but the instinct to press R1 to dodge is really hard to shake. It's weird because RT isn't even used, so there's no need to have dodge and jump sharing the same button.
  • Yeah once I figured how to dodge properly it became much easier. Weird design choice to not have a dodge button separate, but guess it’s a legacy thing they felt the need to keep. What’s baffling is that you can’t switch ‘devil arms’ on the fly. You have to destroy one to use the next.

Also am much as I’ve loved DMC since the very start, it just doesn’t have a patch on Bayonetta. Kamiya really took it to the next level at platinum. It’s one of the reasons I loved the ninja theory game, it was a very different feel to previous dmc, and not trying to go after the slick and fluid bayonetta.
  • i didn't like the new hand stuff, lack of understanding i guess. game didn't feel as fluid as previous dmcs, and there was a lack of feedback on Neros sword accelerator. again probably just getting used to it and unlocking some upgrades will help. 

the base controls being mostly the same make me hopeful it still has some jump cancel nonsense going on.

still pretty promising and miles better than whatever i played of 'DmC' (imo) and the graphics look pretty good.

the real test for me is seeing how Dante controls. his crazy shit was always the draw.

stylistically i think i like bayonetta more, it's less edge lord testosterone, however Bayo 2 was kinda a weak entry in the gameplay stakes, so dmc still wins in that area for me.

it's nice that they seem to have the original voice actors back as well. lesson learned form Konami :D
  • Reviews for V extremely positive. I liked what I played of the demo and knew even if it didn’t review well I’d still enjoy it (I even enjoyed dmc2 at the time), but seeing the scores has me even more pumped.

Dispatched, so hopefully it’ll come in tomorrow!
  • OMG i totally forgot to pre-order! 

makes a change from forgetting i've pre-ordered and ordering again i guess.
  • Can’t afford this and Sekiro, dammit. What a time to be alive.
  • I’m buying and will be posting to JonB when done. You’re more than welcome to take it after him. 

Buy Sekiro. I ain’t lending that to no-one. :)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I have no consistent access to a PS4 sadly
  • I need to make sure I get through Zelda in the next 2 weeks so I can move on to Sekiro and then DMC at some point. But then what about Resi 2? Crazy times.
  • I haven’t played anything (except some Rayman and MK8DX with the kids) in weeks!

Quite far into Resi 7, so that’s my priority, and I was hoping to have done a lot more on Spidey before DMC5 dropped. Oh well.

I will drop everything for Sekiro though. And have a little bit of time off work for it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll get DMC then
  • Picked up from Game on way to work. Had to run for train. 

They only had 3 ‘freesale’ copies, rest had been preordered, including all the steelbook versions. Madness.
  • I thought about the steelbook but it was a pretty steep price compared to the £39.99 of the base game.

For an extra 5 I would consider it. I prefer ‘launch editions’ which give you it for free for preordering. That’s always a nice bonus, doesn’t cost any extra but they get early day sales from chumps fans like me.
  • Stupid sexy Capcom releasing two bangers in the first quarter
  • God damn tiredness and need for sleep getting in the way do an actual gaming session.

Oh and [paraphrase] “this game doesn’t promote or advocate smoking”? Lol really, they need to say that cos of some rules or regs or something?
  • Thanks to someone lovely I have this.

8 Missions in and the combat is sublime. Nero's Devil Breaker weapons are fucking ace, and even though the way you use them feels slightly restricted, one of them lets you use shockwaves to either shunt opponents, or propel himself through the air, or both at once. When you get them you suddenly only want to use them, if only to make it so that aerials don't leave you vulnerable. But fuck me, I'm just goofing on fools all over the shop with them - dashing in, flipping over them, boosting away, grappling back throwing some magnum shots in for good measure, it's great.

V is exceptional too, basically only having one attack himself, but using two shadowy pets to juggle enemies with ranged and melee attacks, it's a really interesting system and had me grinning like a lunatic for his whole intro level.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    God damn tiredness and need for sleep getting in the way do an actual gaming session

Yeah I started last night and got as far as finishing the prologue before starting to drift off. Will try again tonight!
  • And now the kids are hogging the TV, playing Switch. Mario Odyssey. On Mar10 day. Bah.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Weird that they chose Mar10 day to be the 9th of March. Feels like an opportunity missed.
  • Goddamit

That’ll learn me for not listening to a 5yo telling me that it’s the 9th today.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I read mar10 as MARTEN and that's me
  • If anyone uses AV Forums,

https://www.avforums.com/threads/devil-may-cry-5-£30-5-copies-digital-codes-mod-approved.2220225/

I’ve just bought an Xbox one code for £30
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • He’s got 3 left at time of posting
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Reached the Dante part of the game just before I had to leave for work. Had a play about with his move set and it’s proper galaxy brain level stuff. He starts with two ranged weapons and two melee weapons, one of which has two forms, and his 4 abilities from DMC which he can switch on the fly via the D-pad. The options are just baffling and the ease of swapping from blocking with royal guard to evading with trickster and then unleashing the hurt is amazing. What the fuck happened at Capcom in the last 3 years? This is like the Capcom Five all over again.
  • How's the art/performance of the game? Big fan of this engine they have.
  • It looks great and it runs at about 150fps on my PC
  • Sounds like it could be a DMC3 beater.

Out all day tomorrow. :(
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have this now. Letsa go
  • I legit can’t stop thinking about this game. 6 years since DmC. This is the only spectacle fighter we’ve had this generation, but it’s a total triumph so far. An embarrassing level of detail and nuance in the combat systems of THREE characters. Some games struggle to make their one character interesting and Capcom have just swaggered in with three of them, each strong enough to carry a whole game themselves. It’s an exercise in excess and what a fucking exercise.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!