Fire Emblem: Three Houses (26th July, Switch)
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Apparently this did great in Japan and has done really well in the UK again in its second week. Seems to be a real success story.

I’m still trying to get to the end of Valkyria Chronicles 4 before I start this, but I’ve I holiday coming up, so there’s plenty of time.

I read that Intelligent Systems didn’t have many staff working on Fire Emblem and it was largely outsourced to Bandai Nanci (Team Ninja, I believe).

Interesting that what looks to be there most successful FE game in a while wasn’t made by them. Also raises the question of what they’re working on in the meantime?
  • I'm on Chapter 9 (normal/permadeath), and my protagonist seems crazy overpowered compared to all my students (with only Edelgard coming close). Is this normal?
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No where near you, but, ay, seem par for the course on fire emblem games.
  • Yep, the protagonist is super powered. As ever though, don't overrely on too few powerful characters, because they'll hog all the XP and stop others from levelling up.
  • I started an NG+ game on Hard today, but not sure I can be arsed, especially as I'd like to recruit more characters from other houses this time and it's such a long-winded process. We'll see how it goes.
  • I think the best trick is to buy loads of shit and replace “time” to build a relationship with “boots for a someone who enjoys riding”.

Another weird thing re: relationships/recruitment
    Spoiler:
  • A few chapters into NG+ Hard now and it does feel worth it once it gets going. I at least have to be careful in battles now and the stuff outside it seems more worthwhile.

Normal really is for people who haven't touched the series before.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don't massively regret going Normal/Casual since there still multiple playthroughs to go but I do think Normal/Classic or Hard/Casual would have a bit more spice.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • To be honest, going permadeath hasn’t felt worth it. Yeah I’m slightly more careful, but the rewind function means you can undo major cock-ups, the only upshot of my one character dying so far is that it’s ruined the continuity of the story cos he’s still in it. But he’s dead. And nobody cares that this dead guy is actually still alive like some kind of highlander.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Might have to restart with hard on then.
  • :-D
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm not sure why but I thought of Hair when I posted that.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've heard of people actually getting completely wiped out on Hard, which sounds a bit more interesting.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm failing at recruiting all redheads... And Ashe.

Instead I got Shamir, I think? She showed up in my roster and goals list, I didn't even realize I was recruiting her.
  • Some people just show up.
  • Huh. I thought I’d got to the end but I didn’t.
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Damn, how many hours have you put in so far? I'm nowhere close I think, still in part 1, around chapter 5.
    Spoiler:

Was looking at my red head list again, think it's only Annette and Leonie I need, so that's nice. Gilbert isn't an option I think, and Sylvain joined right at the beginning.

Ashe and Felix are the other two that might get added, but tbh, I'm enjoying the original team and haven't put a great amount of effort in raising the stats I need to recruit any of them.

It's fun though, I like how they changed the magic use.
  • I'm on normal/classic. Good to hear hard/classic works well. Chapter 11 currently. Love it.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Went normal/classic haven’t anyone yet except Casper in the big training battle which didn’t count.

25hrs in according to my Switch and at chapter 8. Been spending a lot of time trying to do everything in the monastery though.
  • Nina wrote:
    Damn, how many hours have you put in so far? I'm nowhere close I think, still in part 1, around chapter 5.
    Spoiler:

Was looking at my red head list again, think it's only Annette and Leonie I need, so that's nice. Gilbert isn't an option I think, and Sylvain joined right at the beginning.

Ashe and Felix are the other two that might get added, but tbh, I'm enjoying the original team and haven't put a great amount of effort in raising the stats I need to recruit any of them.

It's fun though, I like how they changed the magic use.

Must be at least 50hrs now. :-O - about 18 chapters in on one of the paths.
  • I wonder if the main difference between hard and normal is the amount of avoiding hits you can do. Seems ridiculous how many times the enemy misses.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    To be honest, going permadeath hasn’t felt worth it. Yeah I’m slightly more careful, but the rewind function means you can undo major cock-ups, the only upshot of my one character dying so far is that it’s ruined the continuity of the story cos he’s still in it. But he’s dead. And nobody cares that this dead guy is actually still alive like some kind of highlander.

Wait, wut?

Dead characters still appear in story cutscenes?
  • Yeah. It’s stupid.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I thought I was at the end of the first part with the
    Spoiler:
    turns out that seems to be half way through.
  • How many parts are there? I've just done that bit myself.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Yeah. It’s stupid.

It really is. Especially in a flagship release that prioritises social relationships. That's just dumb.
  • At least I know that none of my big tiddie witches will die
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Yeah. It’s stupid.

It really is. Especially in a flagship release that prioritises social relationships. That's just dumb.

Tired Emblem

Tempy wrote:
    At least I know that none of my big tiddie witches will die

Wired Emblem
  • Here, I asked you a question. Don't ignore me.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kazuo wrote:
    How many parts are there? I've just done that bit myself.

I DONT KNOW BECAUSE IVE JUST DONE IT TOO YA FUCKIN RIDE

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!