Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Skade wrote:
    Symmetry doesn't appear to work as full auto for me. Pretty sure it should be?

Yup, something's wrong there.
  • Skade wrote:
    Symmetry doesn't appear to work as full auto for me. Pretty sure it should be?

Yup, something's wrong there.

Thought I'd gone through another controller. Randy's is working fine though.

It would appear it's a known issue. Shame because it's a very interesting exotic.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The new Warlock armour exotic looks uggs (more uggs when your super is ready since they set on fire) but at least it spawns a million rifts because people love having choices I guess?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, Sundial is confusing as hell.  I thought we had lost the race to fill the bar guage but then the Psion died and I got to pick from the two guns.  Definitely need to watch that vid from earlier.

Can someone run over how stuff scales nowadays?  I'd like to get my mate involved in the Season shenanigans but he's only just started so is 760ish.  I struggled on a few occasions when I was out of position and I'm 930ish.

Also, is how is standard Crucible and Gambit normalised?  Do any of the gear stats give me an advantage of any sort?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Gear levels only apply in Iron Banner far as I know.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    That's what I thought.  So can my mate get in on the Sundial without being smashed into oblivion?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Oh no, for Sundial it'll be the full monty I think. All PvE stuff is.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Haven't checked what has changed yet. I did the update but it took so long that I didn't want to play after.

I'm still recovering from the shock that all your progress on legendary / exotic weapons resets if you didn't complete them. I like to get those things in a natural way, but that seems impossible if it resets. Giving me flashbacks of when I was trying for an achievement as Team Fortress medic and that was bugged or something, as my all my achievements got reset at least 3 times and I just gave up.
  • Nina, what progress is resetting? I don't understand.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Cinty told me stuff like progress for the wendigo etc will reset. I honestly haven't checked yet if that's true, wanted to have a look either tonight or tomorrow, grab the Xur things too.

So for the wendigo you need
    -1500 final blows
    -500 multikills
    With a grenade launcher in strike playlist. I had quite a few multikills racked up already, but I understood they would be set to 0 at the start of a season.
  • Theres no reason why it should. I didnt finish Randys Throwing Knife, but that hasn't reset. Ive got weapon bounties from 2-3 seasons ago with partial progress.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That sounds promising, I'll check it later today.
  • Aye, progress on Ritual (like Wendigo) and Exotic weapon quests should be permanent. Haven't heard of any resetting with a new season. I've still got Hush on the go.
  • There was some confusion with the ritual weapons and the undying title, which led to some thinking the weapon quests would no longer be available post season.

This wasnt and isnt the case. Thankfully theres none of that nonsense otherwise I wouldn't be anywhere near getting lunas howl.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Played this all-day today, been a while since i've done that on Destiny.  :)

I've dabbled a little since New Light dropped, mainly because i only ever had a Warlock build, so after a brief fling with my Hunter, and a lesser fling with Titan OEM (before the nerf), its kinda poetic that i end up back with my Warlock.

The re-worked top tree Dawnblade with Sunbraces is sooooo much fun! And the build gets even more ridiculous the better mods you have - so thats a great incentive to play on. 

I've also made it my mission to try out weapons i never used in the past, and Prometheus Lens was today's highlight. Its an Ad and Wizard melter!

So yeah, i went from 750 to 900. Now its kinda back to what i remember about the grind - minor jumps based on Weeklies etc, so we'll see how long my interest holds...
  • I like this for being a shootygame you can basically tune into pissed every night and sort of get on anyway.
  • Got two Season of Dawn Uriel's Gifts with random rolls tonight.  Had no idea they'd updated that gun, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned wanting it on here last season. 

The rolls were both trash, obvs, but fucking Uriel's!!!

Edit:  Hawthorne's Field Forged Shotty, Last Hope, and The Old Fashioned have been updated as well.  Oh my.
  • Nina wrote:
    Cinty told me stuff like progress for the wendigo etc will reset. I honestly haven't checked yet if that's true, wanted to have a look either tonight or tomorrow, grab the Xur things too.

So for the wendigo you need
    -1500 final blows
    -500 multikills
    With a grenade launcher in strike playlist. I had quite a few multikills racked up already, but I understood they would be set to 0 at the start of a season.

Yeah - seems I was wrong on that. Logged on after reset and yeah...all still fine. Not sure what did chance with the reset this time, tbh.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Maybe they forgot! Must say I'm very glad about that as I really disliked the idea of my progress being gone.

Can't get on tonight so still can't check, but I probably should make a proper effort this season to get some done. I just don't like the idea that much of cheesing some of them, as I'd rather be just playing the game. I find both strikes and grenade launchers a lot of fun so that's a bonus I guess.
  • Got two Season of Dawn Uriel's Gifts with random rolls tonight.  Had no idea they'd updated that gun, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned wanting it on here last season. 

Edit:  Hawthorne's Field Forged Shotty, Last Hope, and The Old Fashioned have been updated as well.  Oh my.

I got a new Hawthorne cant remember where it dropped from though.

Where did you get these?
    Can-of-sprite
  • Nina wrote:
    Maybe they forgot! Must say I'm very glad about that as I really disliked the idea of my progress being gone.

Can't get on tonight so still can't check, but I probably should make a proper effort this season to get some done. I just don't like the idea that much of cheesing some of them, as I'd rather be just playing the game. I find both strikes and grenade launchers a lot of fun so that's a bonus I guess.

The new season ones are far less grindy. The older ones can be done without cheesing, it just takes a long time. I didn't cheese Wendigo for examppe, just equiped grenade launchers is strikes. If you have Militias Birthright, Gighting Lion and a heavy GL, you can even run triple grenade launchers.
  • Skade wrote:
    Got two Season of Dawn Uriel's Gifts with random rolls tonight.  Had no idea they'd updated that gun, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned wanting it on here last season. 

I got a new Hawthorne cant remember where it dropped from though.

Where did you get these?

Updated Hawthorne’s AND Last Hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!!!
  • I know Right?  Here's hoping they continue to update more Y1 weapons as the seasons roll on. I want more Suros and Omolon stuff pls. 

@Skade Got one doing a lost sector on Mars, and another dropped during a Sundial run. I think. May have been from one of the enemies you fight on your way to speaking with Osiris. Looks to be completely random though.
  • Anyone who likes one-shot special grenade launchers (looking at Cinty here) NEEDS to get the Sundial GL, Martyr's Retribution. It's an add clear monster like little else in the game. That fire trail, holy shit!

• Way ahead of you...just got it today thanks to the trusty Fighting Lion. Any idea what kind of roll I should be looking for on it?
  • I got Auto Loading Holster and Demolitionist with max velocity, and it's one of the most fun weapon's I've ever used.  Field Prep would be fine instead of Auto Loading Holster, but I jump far too much to ever get the benefit. The Wave Frame intrinsic perk is the real winner and makes any roll worth keeping. 

Ehroar compares it to a Ritual/Pinnacle weapon, and he's spot on.
  • Oh shit I have one of those sand have been using it completely wrong.
  • Done that bounty 5 times now and had underwhelming rolls every time. Best so far is auto loading and rangefinder, but I’d love demolitionist in there.

Still think loaded question is better in terms of, you know, the DEEPS and accuracy. I’d argue that is closer to ritual than pinnacle, but it’s still very good. Great, in fact. Shall be using it plenty, I’d imagine, and it will probably be my go-to when I want a non-heavy GL but don’t wanna use the exotic slot on fighting lion. And I adore fighting lion.
  • The sidearm is also really decent. Been using it a fair amount - wanna try and get a better roll on it, but it’s a really solid 2-burst.
  • Still think loaded question is better in terms of, you know, the DEEPS and accuracy. I’d argue that is closer to ritual than pinnacle, but it’s still very good. Great, in fact.

Agree with all that. I'll be using it a hell lot as I've come to love special GL's (and this is especially fun to use), but when Reservoir Burst is active Loaded Question is something else.

Gonna grab the sidearm next.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!