Zelda
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Oh shit.

https://challonge.com/Zeldafight

Have a little look. First one begins tomorrow morning.

We doing it in here or a separate thread?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll do a separate thread once it kicks off.
  • This is gonna be so much harder than picking between consoles.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And we are off
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I don’t know if I can do this. I mean there are some that I just haven’t played so auto lose against those I have. But semis and final will be bloody difficult.
  • Link's Awakening really doesn't need this final boss given how simple the other bosses have been. I think that's the first time I've had a game over, trial-and-erroring the weak points of each stage. I had to look up one part, because of the lack of indication where and how it's vulnerable, and then died on the next.

I'm sure I'll do it next time, but it's a tedious way to end things.
  • The last dungeon was very good though.
  • Finished. Actually went and did the colour dungeon before going back to the final bit, having remembered the hint that I'd seen for it earlier. It was simple, but good fun. Final boss was still a drag, but easy once you know how.
  • Good ending, yeah?
  • Yeah, it's pretty interesting in terms of the plot really, even though it's so simple. Just a nicely weird little idea.
  • Finished off Face dungeon last night. Did the colour dungeon prior to that and feeling pretty OP now with the reward.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I feel less stupid for not getting to the end of Link's Awakening on the GameBoy now, because bugger me some of the puzzles are obtuse AF.

Really digging LA on Switch. It's the video game equivalent of a puppy. Sometimes it'll piss on the carpet, but mostly it's just cute and you can't help but love it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Also, fuck me it was a long time ago when I got my GameBoy Pocket. Where's my hoverboard, get off my lawn, etc.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I feel less stupid for not getting to the end of Link's Awakening on the GameBoy now, because bugger me some of the puzzles are obtuse AF. Really digging LA on Switch. It's the video game equivalent of a puppy. Sometimes it'll piss on the carpet, but mostly it's just cute and you can't help but love it.

Nope I think it was broken, I tried everything at one point and couldn;t get through
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Maybe. Maybe we're both thick. ;) I'm definitely into uncharted territory now.
  • I was 14 when I played and didn’t have any issues. Scrubs.
  • I'm glad someone was good at being a teenager.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I was sixteen iirc and I got thoroughly stuck at about the fourth dungeon. Onto the seventh now on Switch.
  • I was in Primary school when I beat it.

Weird flex I guess.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Last week then?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Breath of the Wild.  I was wrong.  Not that wrong I guess, looking at my review:
    Spoiler:
    I did give it a 9.  But it's far better than I gave it credit for.  As mentioned elsewhere, I'm playing it again with my daughter, and it may have overtaken Odyssey/Wandersong as her ultimate gaming delight.  She's obsessed, constantly talking about things she's going to try next time she plays it.  I didn't know you could feed horses apples/endura carrots etc., and I played it for over 50hrs.  It's strange playing it with someone in no rush to do anything other than what they're doing, be it cooking, finding bird eggs, shield surfing, catching horses or swinging a giant hammer at Beedle.  I was often in a rush to get to the next mission - less so than in most other open world games, but more of a checklist focus than the game world deserved.  No idea if we're going to finish it, I'm trying to suppress the constant desire to shout GET A MOVE ON, but it's a great experience (and one that's helping me approach games with a different mentality - I play to finish, always have and probably always will to an extent, but she plays to play).
  • You’re mostly wrong Moot so that’s ok.
  • The game is a genius work of magic. Somehow it gets you to do stuff that you think you thought of while casually breadcrumbing everything.
  • I'm so in the minority for BotW
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I watched my son play it and he was experimenting with stuff in ways I'd never thought of, and it generally worked. Kids can appreciate this more than most of us jaded adults.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I think this is true of most open world games.

Minecraft especially. I was completely lost when I tried it as there was 'nothing to do', but kids see an endless playground.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Looks amazing on my new telly/Djornson's old telly too. This is probably the umpteenth time I've mentioned this in the past month but I have no idea how a Switch game looks this good. It's such a sweet spot of great engine + perfect style. Aside from the pop in of smaller items you could easily convince me it's a fairly recent current gen game. Perhaps I don't know what I'm looking for, I haven't got mich of a Digital Foundry eye for these things, but I'm thankful for that.

And the trailer for Breath of the Wild 2 looks as good to my eyes as the (lovely looking) upcoming Rare Xbox One game.

Edit: I think I'd pay £50 for a video of the noise she just made when a swarm of Cuckoos had enough of her bombing one of their chums. Absolute scenes, insane combination of panic, surprise and glee.
  • bet there is so much you haven't done. Have you done all of the shrines?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • We started afresh on a second profile, so almost everything needs doing at this stage (maybe 7-8hrs in currently). She has got the royal horse already though, which she found herself, but I assisted with some stamina/stealth cooking to catch.

I had a look at my save the other day. I only did 34 shrines, and we've already go more Korok seeds than I had.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!