Westworld - Full Of Spoilers
  • Typical of this show though - and of most of these zeitgeist shows. Game of thrones for eg. Just all "reveal" and no build up, no continuity, constant time dilation /teleporting etc. Pass.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • g.man wrote:
    It's a bit of a stretch then that in the short time she's been out of the park, Dolores took over the Yakuza with a completely new asian identity that meant nothing to the existing Yakuza members, no?

Dolores is supposed to be much smarter, faster, and better resourced than any human … and in that way the writers have built themselves a deus ex machina for enabling Dolores to achieve anything they want her to. She’s hacking/exploiting the digital system that runs the world.

They’ve made her superman, which leaves her a bit dull.
  • Aww man, no:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WestworldHBO/status/1252998097577209857

Couldn’t they just do some other sci fi that doesn’t need all the convoluted bollocks that’s gone before? I love the show but was hoping for closure.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • g.man wrote:
    It's a bit of a stretch then that in the short time she's been out of the park, Dolores took over the Yakuza with a completely new asian identity that meant nothing to the existing Yakuza members, no?
    Not really no. 
    It's the Yakuza, not the Labour party. 
    The guy with the biggest bat, whose making them the most money is the daddy.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No point hoping for closure Daddy when they can string stuff out and make more moneh.

End of this series has surely got to be the end of Maeve’s story arc. She gets to virtual paradise and meets her daughter. Job done.

I think we’ll still find out Serac isn’t human.

Episode six was ok but a bit pedestrian compared to last few episodes and it’s not as good when Jessie isn’t in it. I was enjoying the real world stuff more than all the park / memories / AR stuff.
  • They have planned out 5 seasons apparently. I thought episode 6 was cracking, hadn't really been feeling this season until then.
  • So, Episode 7 then...
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Haha!
  • Oh Jesus. Oh sweet lord above.
  • Spoiler:
  • That's probably the most game inspired episode of TV I've ever seen.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The fight scene even had ring outs.
  • So! The Season finale then...
    Spoiler:
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Spoiler:

Still it looked shiny and delivered the outside world that season two failed to deliver that the first season finale promised.

Just about missed the after credits scenes.
    Spoiler:
    Things can only get better.
  • I half expected Albert Wesker to turn up this episode.
  • Hahaha
  • I enjoyed that.
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Enjoyed the finale. Much better than season 2. It didn’t need the William bit though.
  • Did you watch post-credits?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep. That’s the bit it didn’t need. I’m ok with the Bernard story as it’s tying into the
    Spoiler:

I just felt with William the
    Spoiler:
  • My partner and I just finished season 1 of the show and overall I think I had a great time with it.

I think intriguingly a lot of the enjoyment is merely the show being a facilitator for questions and the oughts and conversations but actually there are some good bits in the show - Dolores (I wonder if it’s meant To be spelt DELOreS) Maeve and the snake tattoo woman were great.

I thought William was a dick (obv) but I’m not really sure what kind of dick. I feel like they don’t properly bridge what kind of insanity he is in that he seems like a nervous loser for no reason and then goes full insane. I also don’t really get how Logan just gets lost in the park.

I think Anthony Hopkins character (he’s a real coward!) is all over the shop too. He’s bascally high brow pop culture guy (his version of high brow is just the perceptual high brow rather than actual high brow - he reads so much about musicians and what not but no computer theorists or actual philosophers?)

I sort of wish the man in black was an actual villain with some thing about him other than just being mean. I thought when he dragged Dolores in the first ep it would turn out that he got some other insight rather than just being another normal dick. I did think he was funny in one sense in that he was basically a guy who watches a tv show coming up with wilder and wilder preconceptions about an ending that will resolve everything and he gets mad when the show didn’t do what he had built up in his brain! Hilarious!

I liked the little details they put in (like apparently the old ww logo when billy and Logan show up, but the anagram name was cheese central).

Still I look forward to trying season 2 but I’ve heard it peaks with one. Ah well!!

Also: was the cold storage the place where they put the wonky robots because they were wonky in the way that could be considered “conscious” and eventually set free.
  • I’d say it peaks with season three, so far. You still have plenty to look forward to.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I’d say it peaks with season three, so far. You still have plenty to look forward to.

• Three’s great, but season two just meanders a bit too much. It’s still good.
  • Still quite annoyed with how shit this all ended up.
  • I think it’s great up until episode 1 of season 3 and then it goes downhill pretty fast after that. That said it was only my second watch through of season 2 that it really clicked for me so maybe I just need to give season 3 a second watch. Overall great TV tho.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I’m just over half way through series 2 (end of episode 6). And theres a lot going on.

I have a prediction: man in black is a robot that doesn’t know he’s a robot - the evidence being that he’s quite close to things but not quite right about things. Not quite the correct fidelity. In the last episode he’s going to open a door and see himself - probably dead or wounded from the rebellion night. Also it would be a great prank from Ford who constantly saw his favourites destroyed by an unfeeling prick towards the robots.

I liked episode 5 - I thought Jeffrey Wright was extremely affecting as a broken robot. I also liked the episode with Mr. delos being a robot.

I don’t really know what’s going on otherwise - I’m finding it hard to follow.

I’m listening to a podcast following each episode (decoding Westworld) and I don’t think I would have spotted the thing in aspect ratio. It’s too subtle for me and I also forget which faces we’ve seen and have a hard time recognising people out of context.

I think I’ll miss dumb as a stool teddy. My partner and I liked hiking about how he didn’t know anything. I thought Dolores actions to mind adapt him seemed over cruel and against her philosophy (that people kept doing horrible things to her and now the robots are masters - except some robots and seemingly only horrible robots get to go forward).

Sizemore is more fun and the Japan dopplegangers was a lot of fun.
  • Yeah, I sure as hell don't miss THIS
  • Series 2 was much better for me second time round. First time I really didn’t have a clue about much of it.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I gonna jump in because i found the thread by accident. Season 3 was a complete swindle. Baby Nolan piggy-backed the Westworld name and success to churn out a bunch of half-baked, mish-mashed near future society events, that he'd been sitting on for years with no outlet. 

How to connect the two? Dolores. Fuck off! It looked the part and had some great near-future locales. And the HBO go-to composer clearly got a hard-on after Zimmer's 2049 score, and went straight for the "WOMP WOMP" which never let up throughout the entire season. It was a brilliant deflection from the utterly shite dialogue, itself struggling to hold on to a terrible and weak premise. 

Season 1 was good. Season 2 faltered, and the robot rising element was feeble. Season 3 should've been re-named and rebranded as something else, and maybe it could have had legs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!