Make it so - fucking shitty
  • Yep, the artifact doesnt even need to be in the story.

There are plot holes aglore and simple dialogue missing in the script.
    Spoiler:
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Yep, the artifact doesnt even need to be in the story. 

There are plot holes galore and simple dialogue missing in the script.

I’ll bite. I enjoyed Picard so I’ll have a go at casual answers to all those points.

My answers might be wrong. I’m basing them off what I remember, not checking back. And they might not be thorough enough for your liking. I’m pretty superficial and easily pleased when it comes to Star Trek.

Generally, I thought Picard felt like an old TNG episode stretched out to fill a series. Not one of the standout brilliant episodes – just a bog-average one. And I had no problem with that, it was quite fun.
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm guessing it wouldn't help if I said the answers to some of those questions is in the book and comic.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I think that would be a fine answer. I was satisfied by the show’s internal logic and had no questions. Someone who wants to look more deeply could do so. Hurrah. It’s almost like they’ve done this sort of thing before.
  • Just a thing
    Spoiler:
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Just a thing
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Just a thing
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • poprock wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Just a thing
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    SFV - reddave360
  • Spoiler:
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Do we still need spoilers? Having this pile o’ crap ruined for someone who hasn’t seen it would be a kind mercy!
    Spoiler:
    Things can only get better.
  • Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Spoiler:

He did apart from riker was announced as Cmdr Riker to the girl not Captain Riker. Which threw me.
  • I imagine that was either a fuckup, or was supposed to be a traumatised old man falling back on familiar names.
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • @monkey

Lolololol.
    Spoiler:
  • Choose to live by not associating me with that ninja guy.

Seriously lads this fucking show. It had a MAGIC STICK. Not just that, that fucking JL woman had to tell Rios to "believe" to get it to work. I don't even know what to say to that.

This show suffered like Discovery. They started out with some cool ideas but did not know how to handle or resolve them. Instead they filed time with paper thin,unearned,unwanted and overly emotional scenes.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yeah, but it had the hot Romulan who died off screen, so defo isn't dead.
  • So finally finished Picard. I wonder if amazon are going to pay bioware royalities for mass effect useage.

Lets see now, Mass Effect. When the races reach a certain technology threshold a big bad from beyond the stars returns after eons and destroys everything. Hmmm sounds familar? Ok its not the same but its close.

Anyway as many on here have said its a mess. There could have been a good show in there somewhere.

On a sidenote I maybe in the minority but i like discovery.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    When the races reach a certain technology threshold a big bad from beyond the stars returns after eons and destroys everything. Hmmm sounds familar?

Not sure who did that story first, it's definitely either Bioware or Genesis 3 ;)
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Bloody Phil Collins.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    The super advanced AI sends poorly animated cgi space worms. Sounds bang on for tv Trek to be fair.
    Things can only get better.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have actually forgot what most of it was about. Instantly forgettable.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bloody Phil Collins.

haha, thinking that Peter Gabriel plasticine video of the old testament might be pretty cool
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The best thing to come out of this is me rewatching TNG. It's a fucking great show. And damn, Picard is one ice cold motherfucker in that.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be day 1 on Picard season 2 and Discovery season 3
  • Dont forget Section 31 tv series as well superfly. That airs when discovery 3 ends on netflix.

DS9 my fav out of all of the treks. Loved the darkness of it
  • Ooh didn't know about section 31 series
  • Ooh didn't know about section 31 series

Yeh i read an interview with one of the producers who answered a question i had. Why is the Section 31 on Discovery not like the Section 31 seen on DS9? Apparently the tv series will be the journey of Section 31, to the organisation seen in DS9 by the end of the series.
  • Plinkett review is up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!