Wii
    something

Send message
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP

I still have my original copy of that and when we lived in the states went and printed off photos.

I repeat

POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I guess I can get my kid to brush their teeth and indoctrinate them at the same time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Pokémon game is the fucking Disney Tsum Tsum game gone puzzle. My wife will lose her mind.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP

I still have my original copy of that and when we lived in the states went and printed off photos.

I repeat

POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP
    POKEMON SNAP

Fuck yea
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Is anyone getting expansion pass? The first half is out this week.
    Is the expansion pass the two new areas? One out now and the other later this year?

I had a look at the sword and shield website but it's very confusing. There's also loads of events and linking up with Home to unlock some of them etc?

What's the best starter? Gonna try this soon.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Is anyone getting expansion pass? The first half is out this week.
    Is the expansion pass the two new areas? One out now and the other later this year?

I had a look at the sword and shield website but it's very confusing. There's also loads of events and linking up with Home to unlock some of them etc?

What's the best starter? Gonna try this soon.

I fired up the expansions today. Enemies start at level 60 so it is worth clearing the game. My zammy is nuking it though so not feeling much of a challenge.
  • I think the expansion would be better if you played it during the main game. Having said that I’m more happy about trying to complete the Pokédex this way.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm not planning to get it right away, even though there seems to be exclusive gear if you order it before a certain date.

Website is just a bit confusing as there's a lot going on, apparently if a million players do some kinda raid and you've transferred pokémon from Home you can get a shiny legendary or something? I'm sure it'll be more clear once I've started the game
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    If you get into the competitive side Nina, happy to help out.
    I can catch magikarps, and it looks like Gyarados is pretty high up for ranked battles. What am I looking for in my magikarp stats? Or do I need to breed to get a good one? I haven't seen Ditto's yet. Am up to the ceremony part, just after the wild area.

Also didn't know Scraggy is a Sword exclusive, that's probably one of my favourite pokémon (too hard to choose between all of them), and I thought he would look good in a team with an evolved Sobble. The casual lazy look.
    Need to look up what nature etc I need for Scraggy too.
  • Tbh, completing the game (with expansion or not) is like an extended tutorial same as all Pokemon games. I just complete straight through with whatever I catch on the way. Nothing you catch on the way will cut it online. You do, however, pick up those essential items eg destiny knot, ever stone etc

If you're looking at competive breeding you may as well do it after finishing the above. Things like getting your high IV specific nature dittos are best done in Max raids. The best den is near the wild area nursery. It's slicker in this than previous versions. You can move a fair amount of stuff from Bank/Home but none of it is necessary tbh. Sweet shinies from bygone years are always good though.

On my play through Sword I built a starter set from scratch with high IVs and perfect nature's. Not as fun as I thought tbh, but it did build some reasonably competitive builds.

Defo play for the feels first time through. I went back and finished Ultra Sun and White 2 during lockdown aswell. Very enjoyable.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks, still gonna need a Scraggy asap. I have unlocked the y menu in the bottom left corner, not sure what that does yet apart from putting weird graphics on my screen.

I think it's Pokémon Go that messed me up a bit in how to play a main series Pokémon. I caught myself catching everything and checking for stats etc way more than I would have done in previous games. It even feels weird to throw a ball with just a button press.
  • I mainly use the Y menu to join max raids, even if you're not in the wild area. Select search stamps then max raid battles to filter the crap. Surprise trades can be fun if you've picked up a load of Pokemon you don't need.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So I'm trying to figure out how I can get that MYTHICAL POKÉMON ZERAORA for Shield. I've installed pokemon Home on my phone, do I need it on Switch as well?

Is there any point in linking this with my 3DS in some way as well? I'm pretty sure I've moved everything from Bank to Alpha Sapphire in the past, so I don't have any pokemon stored there as far as I know.

Am gonna go for my 3rd gym badge soon, really enjoying this. Feels very snappy, and way quicker than I remembered main line pokemon games to be.
  • I think you need to also do a transfer of a Pokemon.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, I've figured out by now I need to do it on Switch and not mobile. So will have more looks at this in a bit.

Saw a item in the mobile version that you can get the starters with hidden abilities as well through Home, that's pretty nice.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Edit: n/m
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Definitely get the hidden ability starters!

Shiney thundercat looks fab.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I should have them, should probably transfer them from Home to Shield, only got a month for now. I'm at the mushroom woods, grinding a bit for the next gym as I didn't have anything useful. This game is a lot more fun than I'd expected, really feels a step up from the handheld games. (alpha sapphire was the last one I played, so can't comment on (ultra)sun / moon)

In other Pokémon news, raid invites has been added. Should be able to invite friends from all over the world to your raid. Could be fun. Now they only need to add remote trading.
  • That's cool.  Not been on for a few days, but the weekly raid updates certainly look better than the last one.

I wasn't expecting much either, but it's my most played game of 2020 so far.  Fab.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm after a Conkeldurr and a Aromatisse, does anyone have extras of those? I don't have the item you need Spritzee to hold, but I do have a couple Gurdurr to trade.

Not really going after abilities yet, I just wanted to use them at the Dark pokémon gym.
  • You can buy the sachet for Spritzee at the Pokemon centre in Hammerlocke.  Happy to trade with you to get them to evolve.

If you don't have all 3 Galarian starters I can trade you the other 2?  Or any of the original 3 starters from Red/Blue.

Happy to use Pokemon Home or in game trade.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Have the other two starters, got then through some Home rewards.

Will look for that Spritzee item tonight, I need to check if I'm still paying for Home, if that's the case that might be the easiest option.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    O I can't buy the sachet yet, I would need BP for that and the first website that I looked at suggests that's post game stuff.

I'll place a Gurdurr in my Home to trade that, so I can do that this week.

Are there any Shield / evolve-through-trade pokémon you still need? I don't have that much right now.

(O I'm on the basic plan for Home, and got an error when trying to subscribe. Need to figure that out, trading within Pokemon might be easier for the Gurdurr)
  • I think I subscribed to Home via the phone app - not sure if that makes any difference?

If you've ever used Pokemon Bank/Home you can get points for transferring pokemon from older games etc.  These points can be traded to get BP in Sword/Shield.  I wouldn't recommend this as a way to get BP, but if you have old points it's a nice bonus.  Post game is easier - even entering the ranked monthly tournaments usually nets you 50 BP.

I've got a full pokedex for S&S - I remember struggling getting hold of the more quirky evolve pokemon.  I remember putting up appropriate trade requests in Home and randoms helping out.

I guess I could buy the sachet, put it on the unevolved Aromatisse (whatever it is lol) and send that?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    O you can set up trade requests? Might look into that when I get to post game stuff. I did see a Conkeldurr in the Wild area last night (too high level to catch) so I guess I can actually catch that one if I wanted to.

I don't know if 10BP is a lot for a sachet, but if you want to do that, that'd be ace!

I keep wanting to make teams with pokemon I can't easily evolve, bit annoying. I usually look up what the current gym is, make a team for that that looks fun, go to the Wild area and fight the bigger pokemon that are roaming around while doing some mega raids. I have no idea if I've caught hidden ability pokemon already from those raids, I hardly remember what I'm catching, but it's still a pretty fun mechanic. It's nice to see the other player's avatars.
  • One Spritzee with sachet ready to go.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ooh! When are you usually around? Are we gonna trade through the main game or do you have it in Home?
  • I don’t think you can transfer items through home.
  • I could try and jump on before you do your monday night MHGU?

Yeah, in game if you want item transfer for the evo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!