Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    It amuses me that there are apparently as many as two people who give a shit about having a "world record" on a video game that's nearly quarter of a century old. What a time to be alive!

By the same token people have been running 100 yards very quickly and feeling proud of it ever since sabre tooth tigers got a taste for longpigs
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    But as for your man on mariokart, ah balls. I've not shared any of my mariokart scores on your forum, for all I know, I could have beated all their times, and merely saved them the embarassmsnetn by not telling them
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Out of interest where do you stand on the whole thing mk64? Your take would be interesting given your dedication to the community.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I’ve been part of the community from the start pretty much so I’ve been chatting and have met a lot of the people on the forum over the last twenty years. It is probably one of the oldest online speedrunning communities. We all know what we built so long ago was amazing for It’s time which is now replicated (and often improved on) everywhere online. We have been through a lot as players of the community; cheaters, prodigies, marriages, gender changes, suicides. So we are all pretty close. I don’t frequent there as much as I do here and haven’t for a few years but that’s because my interest in mk has waned (due to annoying techs). I check in regularly though to mod and check young people aren’t setting the place on fire. I don’t know MR personally but he has contributed massively towards strats and helping other players. Drive others to play and generally is a really nice bloke. Lots of my friends have met him at European meets etc. He’s everything you’d want to represent the world champion of a game you care about. Because of this I do feel sorry for him to lose the championship in the way he did. In reality it was his behaviour which drove (no pun intended) Dan to whoard. I wonder if that plays on MR’s mind.

I’d never advocate whoarding. It’s largely and usually pointless. It’s not helping the community in any way. Only the person doing it. So yes dick move by Dan. But if I was him? I’m that competitive that I could see myself doing what he did. Overall how does it make me feel? I don’t care enough about the game to care that much but I do care about the people who make up the community and this will break trust. Will we ever know the actual wrs anymore? Or will we have in the back of our mind that someone is whoarding something?

In part of the moderators section which people can’t view I’ve just posted that I’m a bit worried about the mental health of Dan from the backlash he’s had and to keep an eye on anyone saying anything ott. You can see the passion being poured out as anger and frustration with the situation. Not to mention that some knew about it and kept quiet! :/

Part of me keeps catching myself smiling that after twenty years someone can still create so much drama over a game!

If you have time you should read up about Habrich. That was quite a scandal on this level but at least ten years ago now.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Cheers MK that's really insightful. I love chasing times so can see the debate and have enjoyed reading about it so thanks for sharing. Like you say I bet it's created a fair bit more site traffic and potentially more interest.

You should definitely consider serialising the story though!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well apart from the one time in Peckham that I joined in, seems I'm not actua;y that good at thta
  • It's not easy to stay on those train tracks after a few guest ales.
  • I don't quite understand this. There is evidence for some of those records that they simply could not have been performed on original hardware, as the way it renders is different than emulated versions.
  • He was threatening to sue them, seems they just buckled:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190912/17395042980/billy-mitchell-threatens-to-sue-guinness-world-record-folks-removing-his-records.shtml

Sounds like he's threatening to sue Karl Jobst now too, going by twitter.
  • Guy is an absolute dobber.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah he's a complete pillock.

Interestingly, just the other week Steve Wiebe said he was making a return to DK.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mitchell is a tosser of the highest order but I suspect it's an act.

He probably loves winding up the classic gaming community. He would be best ignored.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • He’s dodge
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Did we ever get to the bottom of why there's a 'whore' in the OP title?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Re: drama, let's not forget we're posting on a forum that had threats of real-life violence over Kid Icarus Nintendo trading cards for children.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Lols.
    That was funny.
  • Fuck, I totally missed that episode.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Lols.
    That was funny.
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Re: drama, let's not forget we're posting on a forum that had threats of real-life violence over Kid Icarus Nintendo trading cards for children.

When was that? Who?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    http://www.thebearandbadger.co.uk/discussion/30/kid-icarus-uprising-please-enjoy-childrens-collectible-cards-responsibly/p5

Bout halfway down the page.

Sadly Revo88 had htheir account deleted and fully wiped by Petey iirc so their posts dont exist anymore.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    [ul][li]n6FIAT1DL2116.JPGRevo88August 16
    Lol, fuck you bitch, come and act hard to my face and we'll see what happens, I'll take your jaw off you silly cunt smile.gif

[/li][li]n42QZDDVYE3RN.jpghylian_elfAugust 16
    Haha! If you're in London, let's do it!

[/li][li]n6FIAT1DL2116.JPGRevo88August 16
    I'm in Nottingham frown.gif that's a shame, I was looking forward to kicking the shit out of you and feeding your jaw to my dog... nevermind, if you're ever in Nottz and want your teeth knocking out, let me know mate, thanks.

[/li][li]n42QZDDVYE3RN.jpghylian_elfAugust 16
    Ok, will do.

[/li][li]n6FIAT1DL2116.JPGRevo88August 16
    Sound smile.gif good luck with the collection mate.

[/li][li]

[/li]
    [/ul]

• It was full mental.
    Never seen anything like it.

A grown adult threatening to go round and beat someone up over niche Nintendo tat.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I winder if Elf got a jaw replacement.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Clearly not to worry Mr B, seems that's you, me, and Gonz that missed it
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Who's in Nottnum, I thought that was just Crosby and Temps, neither of which I'd imagine getting that het up

Not saying they couldn't do the job, just that I doubt they#d want to
  • Oh wait, I remember that - one of my alts. How could I forget. Right me irl
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Clearly not to worry Mr B, seems that's you, me, and Gonz that missed it

Me too - but then lots get past me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • So what was the scam that elf ran on him then?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's not easy to stay on those train tracks after a few guest ales.

That Cello really threw me off

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!