The Next Next Gen Thread o/\o
  • Chris Akabusi's Street Warrior 2003 or GTFO.
  • Tobal n.1 > Tekken 2 > all VFs ever
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • poprock wrote:
    IK+ forever.

Now we're talking.

SFV - reddave360
  • Inverse Kinematics are pretty cool
  • I’m looking to sell my PS4 Pro to either Cex or Game, what’s the procedure? They obviously turn it on and have a look but do I get the money/credit straight away or do they do extended checks on it ?

Thanks in advance
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • At CeX you usually have to leave it with them for like an hour or something for testing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah I have traded consoles, phones and GPUS with them.
    GPUs took the longest but none have been longer than the time it takes to sit and have a coffee.
  • Tobal n.1 > Tekken 2 > all VFs ever

VF4Evo = Bushido Blade = VF5 = Soul Calibur

No hate here for anything else.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Cex can take a day to test depending on how busy they are. You get a receipt to say they have the console and they tell you what youll get if it all tests ok.

No cash now they bank transfer to you after 2 working days
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yeah I coulda answered these easily given my history there but I do make an effort to block that time of my life out of my head.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    I’m looking to sell my PS4 Pro to either Cex or Game, what’s the procedure? They obviously turn it on and have a look but do I get the money/credit straight away or do they do extended checks on it ?

Thanks in advance

What’s the thinking behind using Cex? You’d get £129 for the console. Have you thought about eBay? Cex is probably less hassle, but you’ll get less as a consequence.

I just sold my Pro for £250 on eBay. I wouldn’t be happy with effectively half of that amount - especially in the knowledge they’re going to sell it for £275.
  • Yeah cex is easy but they do rip u off
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Yeah cex is easy but they do rip u off

Not going to defend cex (as a rule, I hate their shops) but given they have to cover tax, employees and rent when they sell your ps4 on, it's fair enough to expect a sizable reduction from what you would get if you did all the hard work yourself. It's not ripping you off - surely you wouldn't expect them to give you more than 50 to 60 percent of the re sell price?

SFV - reddave360
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    I’m looking to sell my PS4 Pro to either Cex or Game, what’s the procedure? They obviously turn it on and have a look but do I get the money/credit straight away or do they do extended checks on it ?

Thanks in advance

What’s the thinking behind using Cex? You’d get £129 for the console. Have you thought about eBay? Cex is probably less hassle, but you’ll get less as a consequence.

I just sold my Pro for £250 on eBay. I wouldn’t be happy with effectively half of that amount - especially in the knowledge they’re going to sell it for £275.

I’m always wary of eBay. if there’s a dispute, eBay nearly always go in favour of the buyer, eg doesn’t work, damaged in transit- stuff like that really.

I recently sold my Bike Turbo Trainer on eBay for £400 and it was ok but the fees were really high as well, but in the back of my mind was whether the buyer would complain ( it wasn’t a fully smart one, but I never said it was in the description either). The buyer fucked up and sold it on again on eBay 2 days after. They left no feedback either, I have no feedback as a seller.

I want to keep my games as well, to play on the the Ps5, so won’t sell with the console.

I’d go for credit and get a couple of game for the consoles there.

I guess Game are worse?
  • Tbf Dave is very right. Convenience or more dosh - you choose.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m venturing into CEX tomorrow to get rid of my One X.  Not a fan of the place, but it’s less hassle than eBay.
    Get schwifty.
  • eBay does have a tendency to favour the buyer, but there’s things you can do to protect yourself. I’ve shot a video of the PS4 working before dispatch. I’ve photographed the serial numbers, and used eBay’s Packlink service which covers you up to a £500 damage claim. I can’t say that it will be plain sailing and I’d be gutted if there was some shenanigans, but I wanted to get the maximum return. Like has been said - Cex and Game will be less hassle for less cash/credit.
  • £183 for store credit at Cex isn’t too shabby.
  • I like browsing the 50p dvd section in cex, often some steals.
  • I'm guessing that value will plummet soon. With both PS5 and Seres S/X having a strong BC component as well as the Series S and the Discless being pretty nicely priced, the value for the previous gen is likely to be weaker than ever. 

When it comes to moving on my One S, I'm not sure it will be worthwhile including the joypad given they are more likely to hold their value.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I’ve 6 weeks without a PS4 for that reason. Just me and the ‘ol Switch for now.
  • I'm giving my bone to a pal for a long term loan so he can rinse THPS and others. Keeping my PS4 til the PS5 shows up in a couple years.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I'm guessing that value will plummet soon. With both PS5 and Seres S/X having a strong BC component as well as the Series S and the Discless being pretty nicely priced, the value for the previous gen is likely to be weaker than ever. 

When it comes to moving on my One S, I'm not sure it will be worthwhile including the joypad given they are more likely to hold their value.

I’m selling it now for that reason, it will just sit in a box doing fuck all. If I get £150+ that will come off the cost of the Ps5
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm giving my bone to a pal for a long term loan so he can rinse THPS and others. Keeping my PS4 til the PS5 shows up in a couple years.

Yeh I'm gonna hold off selling my PS4 now Sony have helpfully decided their next gen is also cross gen.
  • I've still to play that TLG you sent me *large eyes emoji*
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Did I?

I'm so sorry, I may as well have left a bag of flaming poo on your doorstep.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I'm giving my bone to a pal for a long term loan so he can rinse THPS and others. Keeping my PS4 til the PS5 shows up in a couple years.

Yeh I'm gonna hold off selling my PS4 now Sony have helpfully decided their next gen is also cross gen.

Me also. Will get spiderman Miles on there at least. Probably new Horizon as well depending on release date
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I'm guessing that value will plummet soon. With both PS5 and Seres S/X having a strong BC component as well as the Series S and the Discless being pretty nicely priced, the value for the previous gen is likely to be weaker than ever.  When it comes to moving on my One S, I'm not sure it will be worthwhile including the joypad given they are more likely to hold their value.

Only got £60 for my One S recently; I did hold on to the pad though, I use that on my PC.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I like browsing the 50p dvd section in cex, often some steals.

Steals being the word. Trust me
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!