Hades
  • I don’t know how this won best action game yesterday when it’s possible to beat some levels with your eyes closed.
  • filthy casuls innit
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah all us mindless button bashers voted for it whilst drooling our way through EM4 Hades on autopilot for the 10th time that hour
  • I can’t beat levels with my eyes open let alone closed. I guess I’m disabled or something.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’m not saying it’s bad but the *best action game* of the year shouldn’t allow it. Or it’s an inherent criticism of action games in general.

I am generally shit at games and if I can do it then that is not a tight game.
  • But it is the best action game of the year, outside if W101, which is a re-release
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    It doesn't necessarily have to have the best 'action' but to be Best Action Game, it's the best game that has 'action' as a main mechanic.

Still should be GOTY too
  • It also doesn't have to be difficult/challenging/not-easy either.  If just has to be fun.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Looks like the cross save thing is live:
    Hermes is here with some good news: Our Cross-Saves update for HADES is out now on Nintendo Switch!

Please read the in-game Help & Info section for details. This update also includes various other improvements from our post-launch PC patches.
  • I've pretty much hammered this over Christmas - it's great. Up to heat 4 or 5 with all of the weapons, but still haven't seen the resolution of the story after the credit roll.
  • I’ve played around 15 hours and still can’t beat level 3 boss.
  • voices wrote:
    I've pretty much hammered this over Christmas - it's great. Up to heat 4 or 5 with all of the weapons, but still haven't seen the resolution of the story after the credit roll.

Roughly ten wins needed
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's exactly 10 is it not?
  • It might be, but a lot of stuff in Hades is fairly flexible for reasons
  • I believe Voices is talking about the epilogue ending, not the credit roll. I can't remember when I got it, but it took a while after getting the credits roll to see it through.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • AH  yeah, I've got mixed up. Epilogue takes more, and various things need to be triggered.
  • I need help. I’ve bought this off steam BUT on Mac.
    I’ve paired a DS4 but I can’t fit the life of me get the analogue sticks to work as analogue sticks in this game.
    I don’t know of it’s the game, the Mac OS or steam.
    I can get the analogue sticks to simulate the keyboard direction/dpad inputs but that leaves me with 8 way direction only and that’s just fucking shite.

So, does anyone else have it on steam/using a ds4 (I know hardly anyone is using a Mac so asking for that is a long shot)?
    Am I missing something obvious in the steam setup?
    Is it only 8 way movement anyway?!

And also, why the fuck is this not out on PS4/Xbox?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It's not 8 way, no issues with Epic, don't know of anyone who has had issue with it on Steam. 

Try going into steam, Settings, Controller, General Controller Settings, and enabling PlayStation Configuration Support.
  • What’s the most Hades has been reduced by on the switch store ? Says the 20% discount is ending tomorrow ??
    The Forum Herald™
  • Tempy wrote:
    It's not 8 way, no issues with Epic, don't know of anyone who has had issue with it on Steam. 

Try going into steam, Settings, Controller, General Controller Settings, and enabling PlayStation Configuration Support.
    Thanks T.

Did that getting it to be seen at all. Plus I added a line to the properties about game input. I’ve just looked on their site and there’s another command to input as well. I’ll try that.

Love the game btw, I just feel a little hobbled by the input atm.
  • This is quite good isn't it? Why did nobody tell me
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I think it's 7 or 8 for the credits. I had one win, then a run of 7 and it finished on either the last win or the one before my streak ended. I was thinking it was 7 wins needed.
  • Just checked and it was a run of 9.... So 10 required.
  • Managed to get the analogue stuck working at last. 
    It was a load of steam shite stopping it in the end. 
    Managed to get further than ever with the machine gun thing, I still prefer the shield but it’s much better with the stick working properly now.
  • Yay finally made it past stage 3 boss, and it was with my least favourite weapon! Boo, I then died.
  • I can tell I’m progressing because I can now get to lv3 boss easily.

Still have plenty of unlock quite a few of those keepsakes and also more mirror stuff to unlock still.
  • I'm still hammering this. Definite game of 2020. Up to heat 16 now, and wondering how much harder the heat 32 statue would be.... Got a sub 15 minute run today too, where Zeus just wouldn't give me his legendary boon.
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I can tell I’m progressing because I can now get to lv3 boss easily. Still have plenty of unlock quite a few of those keepsakes and also more mirror stuff to unlock still.

Nice work. The progression feels incredibly well balanced.
  • Turns out the heat 32 statue is MUCH harder. Took a lot of trying, but I managed to get it. My run turned absolutely epic when I got the rocket upgrade for the gun, after having already got the 5 bomb spread upgrade. A Zeus and Poseidon duo on my special later and I was unstoppable.
  • Slowly slowly. 

Made it to area 4 twice now. Saved and quit for the day. I think I have an ok setup, see how I do. Lightning fast spear with decent damage and I’ve upped my defence too. Still have 2 death defiance and Skelly.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Slowly slowly. 

Made it to area 4 twice now. Saved and quit for the day. I think I have an ok setup, see how I do. Lightning fast spear with decent damage and I’ve upped my defence too. Still have 2 death defiance and Skelly.

Nice mate. Furthest I've got in area 3 so far, had it about a week. Great game
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!