Jedi Survivor - Incest Smoochies?
  • This is a long game. Feels like i have been playing or forever. Broke my lightsaber so off to get a new new or get it fixed. The game is alright. Its no KOTOR but its a Star Wars does Tomb Raider and its not a bad attempt at all. Some missteps but enjoying it nevertheless.
  • Nobody interested in the sequel then which is actually out today?

Apparently it's supposed to be much bigger with open world sections where you can go on side missions given to you by npcs in a central hub cantina.

That would sound right up my street if it wasn't for the fact that there's much more platforming involved and all the Souls-like elements are all still there.

Played the original game for a few hours but bounced off it pretty hard due to the above features. So if Jedi Survivor is just more of that, but on a grander scale, then I know this isn't going to be for me unfortunately.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I'll certainly be playing it at some point. But will probably wait for Game Pass.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The biggest issue with the first one is the light sabers being as sharp as a tree branch. I should be slicing clean through things, not depleting a bit of health bar
  • Got it ready to go for this evening.

Reviews are great. Tech issues marking the reviews down have reportedly been at least mostly resolved.

Hyped.
  • I think they did confirm this one has light saber limb dismemberment.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I kinda want to finish the first one first, keep meaning to get back in it with the sex update
  • The biggest issue with the first one is the light sabers being as sharp as a tree branch. I should be slicing clean through things, not depleting a bit of health bar

Thats just games though right?
    Most FPS games have you pumping tens of rounds into someone before they die. Same deal.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Got it via cheap man again, downloading.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I kinda want to finish the first one first, keep meaning to get back in it with the sex update

If you are only in it for the story whack it on the easiest setting and it can be done in a few sessions.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    The biggest issue with the first one is the light sabers being as sharp as a tree branch. I should be slicing clean through things, not depleting a bit of health bar

Thats just games though right?
    Most FPS games have you pumping tens of rounds into someone before they die. Same deal.

Yeah, I don't like it in stuff like the Division either. I just think the lightsaber is too iconic to be depicted with as much power as a foam noodle and still pass my immersion test
  • I really enjoyed the first one so will pick this up, just won't be at launch.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Thats just games though right? Most FPS games have you pumping tens of rounds into someone before they die. Same deal.
    Yeah, I don't like it in stuff like the Division either. I just think the lightsaber is too iconic to be depicted with as much power as a foam noodle and still pass my immersion test

Yeah I guess its a more visually obvious issue with the lightsabre.
    Really the game should more closely resemble Fruit Ninja, but with limbs but I dont know how you make that and make combat interesting.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I feel like I can wait for Game Pass for this one. Might tide myself over with the book set inbetween the games.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I hate Star Wars but liked the first one loads so I’m day one-img for the first time since GoW, rag.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fucking hell just realised this is a 134gig install when done.
  • enjoyed the first one more than expected, but will prob wait for gamepass. not keen on the open world suggestion though, i'd rather just progress through levels than have to fuck about talking to people to get missions etc though.

enjoyed this little advert with Mark Hamill, link in case it doesn't embed (or maybe not)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD5Lllbbu5c

"Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    Thats just games though right? Most FPS games have you pumping tens of rounds into someone before they die. Same deal.

Yeah I guess its a more visually obvious issue with the lightsabre.
    Really the game should more closely resemble Fruit Ninja, but with limbs but I dont know how you make that and make combat interesting.

It doesn't even have to be for every enemy, they can have lightsaber duels etc, people armed with beskar armour and weapons, droids that can have bits sliced off and still keep on fighting. That'll give you a bit more than just pressing a button to win.

But if I'm exploring a planet and a mid sized dog thing is taking 4+ swings of my lightsaber? No thanks
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, the skill should be closing the gap on ranged enemies. As for the more insignificant melee enemies, they should be more stealthy/ambush style attacks, that require good timing to kill, rather than melee sponges.
  • Seems a weird line of criticism this, especially as the last game was already much more tactical than basically every prior lightsaber wielding game. Most enemies werent melee sponges, generally they blocked and evaded attacks or used a range advantage.

It was only really the big monsters that took lots of direct hits.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Looking forward to this but, certainly from the IGN review I watched, I’d be waiting for a decent performance patch. Though I’m sure I’ll wait for GamePass.
  • Played through the opening bit on PS5.
    It is pretty damn smooth, I'm playing on Quality mode and I've had one dip and to be fair I was grappling at speed through various effects with a big old background and it was only a quick hiccup.

Issues seem resolved on PS5 at least.
  • It also looks fantastic.
    Enjoying the characters as well.

Combat is hefty and definitely less parry obsessed than before although it's still there. Cal feels more grown up, like a man fighting rather than a kid.

Starting with all the powers is great too. No having to relearn the basics like force push, just have them to start.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Guessing those day one patches come in useful.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    It also looks fantastic. Enjoying the characters as well. Combat is hefty and definitely less parry obsessed than before. Cal feels more grown up, like a man fighting rather than a kid. Starting with all the powers is great too. No having to relearn the basics like force push, just have them to start.

Yep, liked this bit in the review, and makes Ragnarok look silly that you have to start over again. Live is tempting me, but may consider PC/Steam Deck - adds to Wishlist.
  • I'd definitely wait for a patch on PC.
    Steam reviews are saying it's still a mess.
    Some are saying it gets better after the opening planet but it would be a shame to play a compromised version of the opener.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah, I just spotted the score on Steam - ouch!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Seems a weird line of criticism this, especially as the last game was already much more tactical than basically every prior lightsaber wielding game. Most enemies werent melee sponges, generally they blocked and evaded attacks or used a range advantage.

It was only really the big monsters that took lots of direct hits.

It's not just this game, the Elder Scrolls Online trailer had you parrying, using kicks etc then you play that or Skyrim and none of that is a thing, especially in ESO. Bring on proper fighting ffs, it's the space year 2023
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Does any save stuff carry over? I might flip from bone to ps.
  • Nah.
    You could happily switch platform.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!