theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Yup, the pads aren't compatible with each other.

The XB1 pad uses a new high speed data transfer protocol which the 360 doesn't understand, and the 360 pad gives out a signal the XB1 doesn't recognise.
  • Hmm interesting. Ah well, still a neat functionality.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Just how many fucking boxes and peripherals does m$ expect us to plug into the damned thing?

It's the Bukake of gaming.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It's a shame the XB1 doesn't recognise the 360 pad as a second input even if it was using the older protocol. But I guess then they wouldn't be able to sell you new pads.

There's something about the IR detecting motion in the pad as well, but that side of it isn't particularly clear.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    PS3 pad works with PS4, right? Another reason to give sony my money.

Sorry, don't think it does.
    Only the Move controllers.

Which suggests the DS3 should and can work.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    So you can have everything through one input. Play Titanfall for an hour then dip back into Halo 4 for a bit to coop the campaign with your mate. Don't change input, don't change pad. Also gives access to all your 360 arcade titles.

Unless you also want to watch live TV. Although, I suppose you could just switch HDMI cables.

Joking aside, I think it was just an attempt at trying to put some kind of positive spin on the lack of back cat.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    So you can have everything through one input. Play Titanfall for an hour then dip back into Halo 4 for a bit to coop the campaign with your mate. Don't change input, don't change pad. Also gives access to all your 360 arcade titles.
    Unless you also want to watch live TV. Although, I suppose you could just switch HDMI cables. Joking aside, I think it was just an attempt at trying to put some kind of positive spin on the lack of back cat.

If you don't care about live TV, as many of these bedroom/basement dwelling cave trolls don't seem to, then it's a perfectly legitmate -useful even- use of the HDMI in function.

Hell, by the time people have stopped caring about about BC and it's cheap enough to have both consoles I'd assume a lot of people will be running their PS4s through it.
  • Live TV is for ya Mum.

If it isn't sport then why watch anything live, ever?
    Especially as things can be aired in the U.S, then you can start downloading and begun watching within an hour.

Live TV is a thing of the 20th century.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Well, it's live TV and your PVR. Even if how that works is a bit wooly bully.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    OK, so this looks awesome

And don't bother typing it looks shit or death to Kinect, la la la not listening.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Umm... What's BC?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Before J Allard.
  • What's a PVR?

I can get all the TV I want within an hour of it being aired, or with the right ip blocker, as it is being aired.

TV channels need to wakeup to the fact that TV is global now, not national. HBO especially should just start an online, sub based channel.

To bring it back on topic. 
    The new Xbox is just another layer of baricades between myself and the content I want to watch.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The Xbox is a barricade but the law isn't?

Go you

• @Mod74
    Well the law really isn't is it? 

Media companies can stay on track with "the law" that people, largely ignore. OR they can forget these silly regional barriers and profit.

They make TV shows deliberately to tease, to lead into cliff hangers, then expect us to wait 6 months (or tbh even a day!) while half the audience has already seen the outcome! 

They are mugs, if they can't see the profitability in a global service then they don't deserve the money that could be made.

Piracy is too easy for most and for most comes with zero consequence. Of course people will do it.

I'm not boo hooing about not seeing the end to my favourite show. Just making logical business sense . If people want what you are selling, give it to them!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    What's a PVR? I can get all the TV I want within an hour of it being aired, or with the right ip blocker, as it is being aired. TV channels need to wakeup to the fact that TV is global now, not national. HBO especially should just start an online, sub based channel. To bring it back on topic.  The new Xbox is just another layer of baricades between myself and the content I want to watch.
    Use the Media Hint add-on in Firefox, I use it for Netflix, not tried it on anything else but works perfectly and after adding it to your extensions you have to do a grand total of diddly-squat.
  • I really like Smartglass. Can't help but feel it would be a lot better on a tablet rather than a phone, but it's a nice little bit of software.
  • I don't doubt it Moto.

My overall point is that we shouldn't need this stuff.
    I may be wrong but the way you seem to use media Moto is much the same as myself. You want the best quality experience regardless of price, whether that means Piracy or sourcing it legit, quality is forefront.

We can get this for Movies on Netflix, Sports on Sky etc etc. However TV is borked heavily by this delay across regions. 10 years ago no-one cared because TV was a lesser cousin to Hollywood. Yet, looking at today TV is at the forefront of entertainment.
    Game of Thrones kills LotR/Hobbit.
    Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Parks, The Office, House of Cards. They are all pulling in Hollywood stars, with better scripts, camera work, lighting, costume etc.

Let me pay those studios for making those shows!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    If they let you stream it, legally, from the US then they couldn't sell it to Sky and the BBC for as much.

I don't really see the issue tbh, it's TV, I just "wait" for it to be on here.
  • The issue is people don't want to wait so the only option is piracy.

If they streamed/aired it live they wouldn't have to sell it to anyone they could just take the sub from the viewer directly. Or take a slight cut to sky, either way it is better than letting people pirate everything.

There is no final solution to piracy, the way to tackle it is to make it the more difficult route.

We have gone off topic however, is there a thread for this chatter? If so I suggest we move there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I don't really see the issue tbh, it's TV, I just "wait" for it to be on here.

Wait and dodge spoilers.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I guess.

But Sky have gotten pretty good about putting the stuff they are showing up within a few weeks of the US airing. It's nowhere near as bas as it used to be.
  • Sky Have got good at it, Sky atlantic generally show the big shows like GoT the next evening. Problem is, I can have it downloaded with in an hour and watch it full HD at lunch.

The fact HBO doesn't have adverts is also a massive kick in the dick.

Really, what a lot of peope want (even if they don't know it) is a paid for, HBO sub for streaming, HBO pretty much dominate TV right now.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Who the fuck is bas? Fuck bas.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah. I also don't really want to pay for a Sky subscription when all that they've got that I want is the HBO stuff (which, frankly, I'm still annoyed that they scooped up from terrestrial).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Who the fuck is bas? Fuck bas.

Mr Nina.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Oh yeah, the guy that made Killzone.

Fuck bas.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Yeah. I also don't really want to pay for a Sky subscription when all that they've got that I want is the HBO stuff (which, frankly, I'm still annoyed that they scooped up from terrestrial).

The catch all method of subscription TV is archaic.
    Me and you should be able to pay HBO for their shows the same as my Dad should be able to pay for Discovery's endless Car restoration shows and My Granddad should only pay for shows about Hitler and the tennis for my Grandma.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I don't doubt it Moto. My overall point is that we shouldn't need this stuff. I may be wrong but the way you seem to use media Moto is much the same as myself. You want the best quality experience regardless of price, whether that means Piracy or sourcing it legit, quality is forefront. We can get this for Movies on Netflix, Sports on Sky etc etc. However TV is borked heavily by this delay across regions. 10 years ago no-one cared because TV was a lesser cousin to Hollywood. Yet, looking at today TV is at the forefront of entertainment. Game of Thrones kills LotR/Hobbit. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Parks, The Office, House of Cards. They are all pulling in Hollywood stars, with better scripts, camera work, lighting, costume etc. Let me pay those studios for making those shows!
    Everything but the 'piracy', I have only just started using Media Hint but I'm going to try it this morning with some of the US on demand stuff...
  • @Mod Can't find the original post but the redhead from the Reddit interview with Major Nelson is called Chloe Dykstra. She's hawt.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!