Bear and Badger perceptions of mortality
‹ Previous123456
  • Headline click bait. Forgive me.

Found out today that someone I went to school with had died within the last 2 weeks. Made me realise my own mortality and that I need to start making more time for me and my son (especially seeing as the guy's last words on Facebook were '****'s pregnant!' 

What moments have made you feel like life could end sooner than you want it?

What can you do to ensure life is lived to the fullest?
    Who here has a bucket list?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've done my list, no problem dying.
  • I nearly died once. Nearly fell off a cliff at Tynemouth.

• Unless your bucket list is nothing but computer games then you've posted in the wrong section :D

I still have everything to do. Genuinely. On the right track, but quite worried about 'everything' currently.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • three1ne wrote:
    Unless your bucket list is nothing but computer games then you've posted in the wrong section :D 

I still have everything to do. Genuinely. On the right track, but quite worried about 'everything' currently.

Section changed. Would have been great to have a games only bucket list though.
  • doesn't matter if i die cause ILL NEVER KNOW

why is this in the games section

umm, i hope i get to make a game that actually reaches my ambition befor i cark it, bam

hopefully a very successful one so the lady can live on with loads of money and sexy foreign gardeners
  • I'll play the Souls games... One day.
  • I was scooped up by a lorry on the motorway about a year and a half ago. He pulled into the middle lane, the cab came into the side of me and span my car round onto the front of him. Took him about 20 seconds before he started slowing down. It was unpleasant. 
    Would have looked a bit like this
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    why is this in the games section umm

Oi've changed it, awight?
    In my heightened emotional state I neglected to change the section. 
    Push me over the edge why don'cha? ;)

I'll still be here tomorrow.
  • monkey wrote:
    I was scooped up by a lorry on the motorway about a year and a half ago. He pulled into the middle lane, the cab came into the side of me and span my car round onto the front of him. Took him about 20 seconds before he started slowing down. It was unpleasant.  Would have looked a bit like this

My step-som's girlfriend was clipped by a lorry on the motorway. She span 3 times before hitting the central reservation. He admitted at the time, to police that it was his fault, but, of course, his insurance company have told him to deny wrongdoing.

It's doubly annoying because it caused her to lose her job (they told her to hand her notice in as she couldn't travel to work. The perils of uni in one area and family in another. Disney shop eh? Such a happy family?). So, there's a lot to answer for.
  • Wait until after Eurogamer before die please, Sas
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • I fell 60 ft down a disused tin mine in Cornwall. Didn't tell my Mum, but she read it in the papers anyway and went mental.
  • Shinji wrote:
    Wait until after Eurogamer before die please, Sas

I'll be there to give your gorgeous nose a kiss.

No, nose isn't a euphemism. Dirty fucks.
  • I fell 60 ft down a disused tin mine in Cornwall. Didn't tell my Mum, but she read it in the papers anyway and went mental.

Holy shit! You still alive or posting from beyond the grave? If the latter, what are you doing here? Get in the weird stuff thread!
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    He admitted at the time, to police that it was his fault, but, of course, his insurance company have told him to deny wrongdoing.
    Yup, same. My premiums were fucked for a good year while that mess got sorted out. Not as bad as losing a job of course.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've had very bad panic attacks about my own mortality. This thread title is not good.
  • Is this a thread about how we nearly died? I'm one of those crazy guys who cant tell the difference between reality and imagination if not medicated, ive nearly died a bunch of times

Big love to those in hairy situations though, when you're staring in deaths face you'd hope he made more effort with his appearance

I dont worry about death anymore, cept making sure my partner will be ok, we currently plan a euthanasia clinic but we havent had kids yet, that might change things, but thats hopefully a long way away. My list is literally, make an awesome game or two, those games be universally adored, and make enough money for my partner and currently planned progeny to live comfortably should they be workshy scroungers or not
  • You've got roughly 999.5/1000 chance of surviving for another 12 months.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I've had very bad panic attacks about my own mortality. This thread title is not good.

You're going to die reg, alone and possibly in great pain, and three generations down the line nobody will remember anything about you apart from the fact you died a long time ago, and you were an old relation.

This should be a positive thing to realise (I find it immensely liberating), but it looks a bit heartless in print.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nope. Here I go.
  • Kinell SG. There was me being all reassuring and shit.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Better?
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Is this a thread about how we nearly died? I'm one of those crazy guys who cant tell the difference between reality and imagination if not medicated, ive nearly died a bunch of times Big love to those in hairy situations though, when you're staring in deaths face you'd hope he made more effort with his appearance I dont worry about death anymore, cept making sure my partner will be ok, we currently plan a euthanasia clinic but we havent had kids yet, that might change things, but thats hopefully a long way away. My list is literally, make an awesome game or two, those games be universally adored, and make enough money for my partner and currently planned progeny to live comfortably should they be workshy scroungers or not

Bit of an extreme step considering your position in life. No kids etc. I know people can tend to do things way in advance (see women who plan their weddings with no boyfriend), but planning your own euthanasia? I know we're all going through different things. But to be planning that?

Do w want to move this to forum talk so it's not in public view?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Mindfulness, hypnotherapy or similar could probably help with that and similar concerns.
  • Just like, dont Reg

I think you can literally think yourself to death on this but the compulsion to end ones life just cause life is meaningless is stupid to me. Do the best you can for the hell of it

Being a contrarian is a wonderful thing
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm not too bad. But this sort of stuff does set me off. In much bette at controlling it (have a weird set of ticks I run through)
    Igor - I would be very interested in anything you can tell me about stuff to help.

I'm not naive enough to ignore my own mortality, but always on my mind.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's something I do consider, trying to enjoy the moment and remember that. It's not something I can stop so I might as well enjoy it.
  • As shown in the mental health thread this is a forum that supports. We're a close knit community, and I'm sure a multitude of issues have been or could be discussed at length with like minded people here.

I hope I don't come across as all knowing, and don't want to intrude  on the mental health thread. But we all deserve a box to stand on.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Mindfulness, hypnotherapy or similar could probably help with that and similar concerns.

He's still going to die, not sure therapy will cure the fact. On the positive side, if he lives long enough, he may wish to die of his own accord. 

I should be a mental health therapist.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Bit of an extreme step considering your position in life. No kids etc. I know people can tend to do things way in advance (see women who plan their weddings with no boyfriend), but planning your own euthanasia? I know we're all going through different things. But to be planning that? Do w want to move this to forum talk so it's not in public view?

I don't mind, schizophrenia is a currently uncurable degenerative brain disease that will continue to eat away at my brain. I've lived in the depths of madness so i know what it's like, if medication starts to fail than death is genuinely the better option.

On the matter of physical things, myself and my partner are inseperable and we think things might change this, like children, but we cant currently see ourselves doing very well without one another, so the provisional agreement is, if we both degrade physically, or mentally, to the point where our quality of life is being genuinely compromised, we plan to die together in whatever country allows that at that time

There's nothing noble in staying alive in the throes of dementia or lugging around a colostomy bag, and whatever's after death (probably nothing) WE DONT KNOW, so why not die in a dignified and pleasant way, together, with the person you love

And if circumstances change and children mean we're ok with the other to go on, or ok with leaving one to let go, then so be it, rather a diginified death where you are who you are, than dementia and degredation render you to nothing before spluttering out
  • SG mentioned dying alone, people tend to mention that, not just in general (dying without any friends or close people in the world) but also specifically in relation the the moment of death.  "He died surrounded by his family," is often said as a comforting thing.  Part of me thinks I'd find that quite upsetting, as the one dying.  I'll obviously know nothing afterwards, but at the time I'm not sure I'd like it.  Not sure I'd want to go in my sleep, either.  Unless I somehow knew, as I went to sleep, that I wasn't waking up.

If I had notice, I don't think I'd pay attention to any bucket list.  I'd most likely spend a bit of time tidying up my life (cancelling subscriptions, notifying relevant parties, selling off all my stuff, putting clothes shops to charities and so on) so that there was minimal work to be done once I was gone, and spend the bulk of the time with friends and family.
  • Yeah reg, cheer the fuck up.
‹ Previous123456

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!