#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I didn't think to check. Probably about ninety.
    Get schwifty.
  • Jeebus. 90 is way too long.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I think you could do it in considerably less time. When I got to Chapter Eight (supposedly the last) and discovered I had to do the same shit all over again I decided to try something out. It worked and sparked the end game. I imagine this is something that could be done in an earlier chapter to bring the play time down a bit.
    Get schwifty.
  • Cannot begin to express disappointment that game title isn't actually nonsense.
  • I have no idea what's gong on in the plot, it's so awfully presented that Ive just been skipping it all for the last 10 hours.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    By the time I got to Chapter Seven I was doing the same. Had it not been voice acted it might have been more palatable.
    Get schwifty.
  • I changed it to Japanese and it makes no difference
  • Yeah I gave up on this a couple of weeks ago thanks to how the story was told.  I'd just zone out through the dialogue sections and not know what was going on.  Have to talk to the fairy on the menu screen to find out where to go next.

Was so monotonously verbose and everyone re-establishes what their character is about every time they open their mouth.  eg Ringabel can't go a sentence without saying something creepy and aloof about girls.  Was a bit like the opening gag at the beginning of a Friends episode, where the gang would be sitting around and Joey would say something dumb, Ross would get all academic about it, Chandler would do a pun, Phoebe would say something whacky etc etc.  Then they would dance in the water fountain and the proper show would begin.  Except it happens EVERY SENTENCE in this game.  It's too much. 

Real shame as I like a lot of stuff in the game.  eg, setting the difficulty and encounter rate on the fly, the city building game with boss fights happening in the background, the fighting.  I'm just not invested and don't feel any urge to go back.  Shame.

PS My favourite ever Friends joke was when Chandler was tasked with a job and someone asked if he could handle it.  Chander said "pfft, Handle is my middle name.  Actually, it's the middle of my first name"

don't know why I still remember that 20 years later but there you go
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Made huge progress over the weekend & mucking about with the encounter rate defiantly helped my enjoyment.  Mopped up all available sidequests, few job changes & started to feel the love again until I hit a wall....again.  More grinding needed for exp & job points because it seems the jobs I know are not really cutting it against the 2 bosses standing in my way.  The next sesh will involve pure grinding & nowt else, just to get the new jobs up to a semi decent level so I can use the big guns & make some money for certain armour. Starting to see how 'ziel mopped up those hours & tbf, not really looking forward to firing it up again.

I also think not having friends(sniff)/streetpass hits for extra villagers(?) is starting to have an effect.  I checked a guide the other day for the first time & part of the tactic was to call in a friend that can deal 9999 damage, my bots only do less than 1k smackdown.  Plus so much in my inventory, I have not even started to compound items etc, tbh, I wouldn't even know where to start, really should read more of Ringabells book.

My vision of just powering through this game is in pieces, my desire is not far behind in being shattered to atm.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Cindemon, you know the traveller in red who you can save with and buy equipment, well choose Save and then select the second option (can't remember what it's called). That will net you between 3 and 5 streetpass hits from around the world. So you'll effectively get 3 to 5 villagers and people whose moves you can use. You can do this once every 24 hours.
    Get schwifty.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Had a go of the demo last night and got my backside handed to me. Not sure what I was doing wrong.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I heard the demo's pretty tough compared to getting eased into the game proper.
    Get schwifty.
  • Cheers for the steer Raz.
  • Aaaarghhhh, getting close to sacking this off.  2 hours grinding did nowt to the 2 bosses that are blocking a job & progression. 

Thanks to Raz the villagers are starting to come & if I've done my homework that will eventually allow me to use/build/craft special moves, which will bring the pain & buffs.  The few vids I watched the players had special moves busting all over the place, so hopefully....hopefully that will give me an edge & save me from mega grinding.  During my hunt for more info online to aid my journey I was amazed at how much content is actually in this game. I'm close to the 25 hour mark, & at times it felt like I was watching/reading about a different game.

I'll give it till the weekend, if there has been no major progression, then its Persona 4 time if this game does not burnout my JRPG intrest.
  • I'm all over this. Only just started Chapter 3 after about 25 hours as I've been exploring all the nooks and crannies. You can get some nifty items by restoring the village. A staff that casts free Raise and a shield that casts free Cura are cool for preserving healing MP. Nifty thief knife that let's you steal without consuming MP also springs to mind. I've bagged the first 3 summons so I reckon I'm good to go on now.

I did cringe a little at some of the Ringabel comments, but hey.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I'd like to say I'll wait till this game's a tenner based on the valuable feedback within the thread. Games like this don't drop in price much though.
  • Last 24 hours, apart from the odd check the old 3DS has been in sleep mode.  All my characters now have specials & hopefully once I finish work & fam stuff tomorrow, the 12 villagers working on the 3 current projects will have finished & be able to grant my team even more god like powers, well a 30% attack buff on said specials & the bridge should be finished.  Then it's payback.....hopefully.

Game now has its teeth in.....till chapter 5....maybe.
  • Making progress, but fuck, this game really makes you work for it, which is a good, I think, maybe.  Just seems like every boss seems like an end game boss & when there is so much scope in tactics & options, it can take a while to sus the right combo's & tactics to use which really slaps the hours on.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Which chapter are you on?
    Get schwifty.
  • Not very far, tbh, lol.

I am at the end of chapter 3.  The last bosses that gave me grief was Qada(needed to get dispel)& his 3 pronged attack  & Chaugmar where I needed to grind for a little more HP & better kit, whilst watching his BP usage & waiting for a window & getting elemental stuff for my weapons from the village.  It really was not a case of just turning up & beating both from the off.  A lot of effort that perhaps might of been a smidge easier if I did not play the game like a rookie from the start.  They were graft for me when in contrast the same team nuked Praline, kamiizumi & Kikyo without really breaking a sweat.

I think my main issue was ignoring the village for so long.

At the mo, backtracking through towns & trying to level up the Accessory shop in the village in a vain hope for a charm, amulet that can prevent silence as the the only issue I have with the end of chapter 3 boss is it placing silence on my healer & I might be a few levels off on where I need to be.  On writing this tho I may have a spell that might help....

Enjoying it despite the effort for the mo.
  • Thanks for the help ref the villagers tho bud.  Stacking specials, combined with elemental shiz does some major damage.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No problem.  Glad you're still enjoying it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Just got to chapter 4 and I think I've found my winning team
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Just started chapter 5, this game is having a joke right.....right?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Nope.
    Get schwifty.
  • Just got to the shit bit....don't think I can be arsed
  • Yeah, that's how I felt.  Rolled my sleeves up & got on with it, fuck was I gonna let 40 hours be for nothing.  I've done 3 already, can't be arsed to farm exp off the job givers again, so that's been sacked off.  Was tempted just to nuke the you-know-what's just to bring the end game on, but the lame story is sort of pulling me in a little & I want to see it through, so I'm guessing I've got it all to do again, maybe.  Such joy.

There is so much to really love about this game, it's a shame that the one bad egg is truly, a real stinker.
  • Round 3. Fight.

JRPG BURNOUT FAST APPROACHING.*

I am at chapter 7 Raz, am I right thinking that I have to do this 2 more times if I want the proper ending?

*Persona4G may have to wait till the summer.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!