Objets d'art que vous avez vu.
  • I mean fully assembled on arrival and the slate joke hinged on the volcanic aspect.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • I think it's about 5 years for a PV panel to be neutral in the UK, so probably a lot less in Oz.

What is the lifespan of a pv panel compared to a slate tile?

What is the cost of repairing and maintaining a pv roof compared to a slate roof, and what is the carbon footprint of that activity I guess if you wanted to be really anal about it.

Basically while I approve in principle of the concept, I don't approve of architectural publicity stunts, which I what the article was, because they often have little relevance to the needs of clients.

Electric cars are much better than petrol cars in every way, except in their day to day practicality for the mass market at this moment in time. Its the same thing here with this pre fab structure for me.

Unless Oz is crying out for a deluge of pre fab single bedroom units then I have to ask, is this anything more than a proof of concept/willy waving exercise right now? Could this architect have better spent their time working out a design for something most developed countries actually need, which is well put together, affordable starter homes or other accommodation schemes for young families?

Soz 4 being a bore.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I see this kind of thing like a concept car. It's a design exercise and shit will trickle down to their day to day work.
  • Trudat, but unlike cars, shelter is a necessity not a luxury, and so the industry should do what it can to help the most people, sadly that's not really it way it works anymore.

I find a lot of architects in particular basically run around following trends in the industry like little bitches instead of using their knowledge to help and oh Jesus I have to abandon thread now before I bring everyone down!!

I will post nice buildings tomoz and we can all have a laugh and a cuppa and a hobnob.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I don't find this kind of thing offensive but I'm not privy to the shit that's been pissing you off. Am interested tho.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Am interested also, nothings ruining anything, Roujin.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Am also interested in this gear http://www.passivhaus.org.uk/
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    beano wrote:
    So much dig to dig for that place. Some mates opened a bar and I really love the underside of the awning.

10434351_1437219469883721_6030546188855518958_n.jpg?oh=47aa3307289c98f5c91a1c05738cbe1d&oe=5550C8BB

It's on this...

10683462_1482293328709668_1878487039592361301_o.jpg

Been shortlisted for the regional RIBA award.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Where is that old bean, up your way?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yep, a place called Constellations off my main road too, they've a club space called Observatory that comes off the courtyard there. I don't think they've yet finished the insides of the club space fully yet but it's also got some nice design inside it.

Think the RIBA visit is in the next few days.

Really like how what they've built is a reflection of the original apexes.
  • Yes that's what made me pay moe attention than I would to most wooden roof bits.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
  • FUCK YEAH! That 60's playground is fucking banging, get shit on squishy rubber tarmac climbing frames of today. 

Churchill-Gardens-Estate-archive-image-Credit-John-Donat-RIBA-Library-Photographs-Collection-1024x782.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah , concrete playgrounds.

I can remember one at my cousins' that was basically a pit that had shallow slopes leading into it at 2 sides with the other two sides being quite steep. The whole thing was poured concrete and all the sides had lots of large smooth stones (each an ellipse about 8inches long on the longer axis) set into them such that half of each stone sat proud.

The pit had a curved steel ladder that joined the two steep sides letting you cross the pit that way. It was deep enough so that the ladder could be used as monkey bars.

It is a miracle none of us broke something on this - it was a death trap - and it was built that way - looked like an odd piece of modern abstract art. The less charitable side of me would say it resembled some sort of medieval torture device.

Actually, the more I think of it the less I believe it was designed as a play space and instead was an ill-judged attempt at making the place look interesting.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I took a few of photos of the Falkirk Wheel a while back that can look brutalist from certain angles.

17330179682_114533f813_z.jpg

17330190902_68d14c1ca9_z.jpg

17068111373_98cce8a5ff_z.jpg

17685793402_4a883fa26a_z.jpg
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Very Nic Moulin.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Here are some photos that I didn't take.  Glasgow Sheriff Court.  Saw it on a wee day trip.  Immediately wanted to take some photos but not sure how keen I am to be wandering about with my camera.

oz8vACL.jpg

HgpkAKr.jpg
  • novastructura.tumblr.com

I linked this in the pictures thread some time ago, it's a tumblr by this chap, many very fine artworks and some tasty brutalist shots such as these -

tumblr_n0aienILc41qek5p4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1m0rpyZZl1sqjlogo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mybnahLgwD1r4ddeuo1_1280.jpg
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Excellent.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Nice.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Wow. What a shame.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Those look fake/CG. So given i assume it really must have been quite the site way back then.
  • I'll take a punt and say those are 8x10 pics. Large format film has the affect (effect) of making everything look so fucking great it's unreal. Can't wait until we get consumer large format digital sensors.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I was just watching this bideo and saw this zoomed in shot on a playground.

QHDrl92.jpg
  • And look what they replaced that classical beauty with:
    Screen%20Shot%202015-04-08%20at%209.07.40%20AM.png
    Frigging tragic. But hey the yanks don't let anything get in the way of money.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    We did the same in liverpool...

owrc47U.png

Now:

v9psERu.jpg

Wiki entry, Beeb article on British stations.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Admittedly nowhere near the scale of Penn..
  • Lime Street still looks alright. It was better when it was filled with smoke tho.

Lime-Street1.jpg
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's the Great Western Hotel at the side of Lime St. that really does it for me. Shame it fell into the LJMU's hands for student halls, otherwise it would give St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel a run for it's money.

ABJtwpk.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!