Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    So this has become my thread for Blasphemous updates. So yeah I'm at I think the penultimate boss. And things beyond that have got somewhat obtuse - some limestone statue dude - and that's led to another thing and yeah I'm getting close to being happy for it to be over... But it's still pretty darn good IMO,!

Quick quote required.
  • Classic Muzzy!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fucked it
  • It's been revealed that the 'terrorist' that attempted to bomb the Womens Hospital was a recent convert to Christianity. (also recently sectioned under the Mental Health Act). Perhaps Jeebus told him to do it? And his 4 co-conspirators that were arrested in Kenny have now been released without charge.

That's going to upset some peoples' preferred narratives.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Living in Kenny can do strange things to a man.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Guy was from Syria so no narratives need be upset.
  • The now discredited narrative that there was a possible complex network of Muslim extremist terrorist active in the City - the guy was a lone nut job who had rejected his previous faith.   The fact he heralded from Syria supports what exactly?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Nothing, but when has that mattered?
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    The fact he heralded from Syria supports what exactly?

Well, it supports anti-immigrant sentiment. It's a thing.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The people who follow the typical right wing narrative don't give a toss if he converted to Christianity. He was an immigrant/refugee/whatever, used to be a Muslim, probably has dark skin, coming over here blah blah. Facts don't change the narrative, they're just mashed in there in whatever way supports the narrator's view. Once a Muslim always a Muslim, he probably "converted" to be less conspicuous.
  • I'll wait and see what comes out personally but flip flopping from one barrel of nonsense to another doesn't mean an awful lot to me.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Islam and Christianity aren't exactly poles apart. It doesn't really represent an enormous leap. Same God Just different rep on Earth.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • And no one ever did violence in the name of Christ, that's for sure.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • You wouldn’t have Christ without violence!
  • So in the opening statement, Kyle Rittenhouse's lawyer is arguing that it's fine to shoot someone if they have a skateboard, because you could (one handedly judging from how he immitates the motion) swing it at someone and decapitate them?

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1455587699503546370

Trying to separate the head from the body might be the intent, he wasn't saying it could. I have been watching this case and I can't quite believe the prosecutions closing statement given the video evidence. Either way, interesting viewing.
  • Skade wrote:
    I've been watching a bit of the Kyle Rittenhouse trial.

A boy driven some 70 miles to a riot by his mum, with 2 assault rifles, killed 2 and injured 1. Is going to be going home a free man/child.

The judge right now won't accept a video from an iPad as evidence because it uses zoom!!

Fuck me, what a fucking state America is in.

The whole case is interesting from the perspective of social and traditional media reporting. The prosecutor states that the mother did not drive him, but you still have read, believe and propagated that.
  • I may need to stop binge watching this...
  • It has been interesting tracking reactions from people actually watching the trial, as opposed to reactions to media reports about the trial.

For eg the iPad zoom thing is reported as the defence team leveraging the judge’s apparent tech-idiocy, but some actually watching the trial say the prosecution are over egging stuff.

I haven’t watched so have no opinion on whether the videos and evidence show self defence vs manslaughter / murder, but I do know that

A white dude of his age travelling that far with an assault rifle to “defend the peace” against race based protests is not a good look, not the fuck at all, and stands as such regardless of whether he was genuinely in fear for his life.
  • I can’t see how he’ll be convicted. I feel like as soon as the guy pointed the gun at him the defendant had got his free pass. America is dumb and allows carrying of those guns in tesco or whatever. We’ll never know what his intent was for real - if he engineered so he could shoot or he was just an idiot.
  • In the USofA great lawyers can get you out of ANYTHING.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I can’t see how he’ll be convicted. I feel like as soon as the guy pointed the gun at him the defendant had got his free pass. America is dumb and allows carrying of those guns in tesco or whatever. We’ll never know what his intent was for real - if he engineered so he could shoot or he was just an idiot.

This.
    Plus wasn’t he pursued after he tried to run away?
    I’m sorry, he deserves to go to prison but there’s no way in hell he is. And by the letter of the law he shouldn’t.
    The moral right or wrong of it is irrelevant.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Provoking the attack means you can't argue self defence. He also knew the first guy he killed was unarmed, the second guy he killed was trying to tackle an active shooter, and the third guy who he didn't kill, but clearly intended to, only pulled out his gun after Rittenhouse had already killed.

The only reason there is a question of him getting awy with this is because he is white.
  • Because he is white is the only reason he is alive.
    Can-of-sprite
  • The only reason there is a question of him getting awy with this is because he is white.

The prosecution does seem to have been especially poor though.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Not as poor as the judge though.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Not as poor as the judge though.

Is he though? Genuine question.

I don't know much about legal formalities etc, but at a brief glance over the competing narrative summaries, I found the arguments justifying the judge's words/actions to be more convincing. That may well be because I haven't given enough time to looking into it, so if I've overlooked something, please do share it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!