Monster Hunter
  • I know we're all MH3U MAD at the moment, but we should all be super excited for MH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLDoxsealZk

That beast of a weapon that transforms is the Charge Axe. Shield, Sword, and AXE.

The staff can fire a projectile, and some of the shields with it turn into bugs that fly around and pester monsters.

There is an emphasis on climbing around, including clinging to BEASTS and STABBING THEIR SHIT.

One of the big bads in story mode is able to infect dead monsters with DRAGONURU VIRUSURU which means they get resurrected, and ANNOYED.

4 player online co-op ON THE DAMN 3DS

More shit! Bigger monsters! Jumping attacks! Big bugs! Deserts! Jungles!

GIMME.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aw shot in past amstssbb
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Unless you can read Japanese, i'd stop getting excited. At least for the next 18 months or so.
  • I'll be excited as I want, ta

(Safety wink innit)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    More shit! Bigger monsters! Jumping attacks! Big bugs! Deserts! Jungles!

COWBOY HATS!
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I have this game and I don't know what I'm doing, yay!
  • i'm home alone on saturday, and i really should be fixing my car, doing some coding and grinding gt5, but i just know that i'm going to end up playing this instead, capcom bastards

Had a great fight with Pink Rathian last night, Rathians in general had become a bit boring for me, i had realised that i was really in tune with her rhythm and would pre-emptively dodge attacks briefly before her tells, so i never had to worry about damage.
    The tweaks in some of Pinkies attacks though had me tossed around all over the place burning through mega and max potions.
    Eventually i got into the swing of it and the smackdown was on the other foot, which was i think the first time on this one that I've had that proper learning an enemy experience to turn the tide (I was used to most of the low rank dudes due to my time on the Wii)
  • I have this game and I don't know what I'm doing, yay!

Find monster, hit it until it dies.
  • Seems legit.

Had fun messing around for an hour last night, is it me or is it a little easier to get in to than the last Wii one?
  • For all intents and purposes it basically is Tri, with tweaks.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Seems legit. Had fun messing around for an hour last night, is it me or is it a little easier to get in to than the last Wii one?

The little I've played I found it easier than the Wii version, not sure why. Looking forward to the update for off Telly play to allow me to put some decent time into it.
    Things can only get better.
  • I think difficulty wise it's been easier than Wii Tri was, perhaps that's because with G rank giving it extra difficulty they could afford to make low rank a bit more "accessible"

Gf just told me she's having an early night tonight, and needs me to stay downstairs to stop the dogs disturbing her so it looks like i'm hunting tonight if anyone wants to get a B&B lobby going?
  • First off that MH4 trailer looks suuuuweeeet.

Secondly, twas a quite night at work so I had time to read parts of this Brady game guide pdf I magically aquired & I also watched some Youtube guides ref armour & skills.  Part of me now feels I have been playing this a likkle wrong & my approach should have been different.  If it wasn't for the fun that & entertainment the last 100 hours or so that this title has given me I may of been facing a full on downer at that stage ;)

Did not get the chance to rumble with Ceadeus before I hit work yesterday so it's, showtime today at some point.  I also have all of next week off, a spot of D.I.Y bathroom stylee is on the cards,  just gotta make sure I don't hit the MH meph to early or shit ain't getting done.
  • I can confirm that offline multiplayer does work rather well with one 3DS and one WiiU even if you want to swap who uses which machine.  Create 2 IDs on the Wii as this creates 2 separate MH saves, one for each player.  I have the one digital version of 3U on the 3DS and 2 separate SD cards, one for each players save game.  Transfer works well.

Sorted.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Glad it worked for you bud.

Just beat Ceadeus.  My elation was cut short by how much of the game still stands in front of me.  Least the guild sweetheart is happy, maybe a tad to happy.

Do not know what to do next, farming & crafting,  the new high rank village stuff or increasing my HR.  TO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM!  Not sure in all my years I have come across a game that has so much bang for its buck.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I might be about for some late night drunken hunting. I'll message on here if i am.
  • I've just glanced at the long sword tree for Ultimate - by Christ there's a lot! I'm Wroggi hunting at the moment and rocking my awesome looking Bnahabra armour and wielding my new Wroggi long sword. 34 hours clocked. Still not played online enough - still HR1

Edit: I've just seen the Grim Cat Switch Axe. Fuck yeah!
  • Is it still the case of whatever you buy is locked to the console and not your  account ?

If so they can sod off it they think I'm gonna spunk £50 on a download and my WiiU goes tits up tomorrow and I have no game !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Had a long sesh online late last night & hit HR4.  Got into a room with a few vocal MH vetrans & along with quite a few epic hunts I learnt tons in those hours.
  • My 10 year old son decided to play the demo on my ex 3DS today.

I hope he doesn't want the full game otherwise he'll never see either again.
  • The Hut let me down ( lost in post ) where can I buy this ?
  • MrsMr, my lad has got into MH big time with 3U.  Skylanders are a thing of the past baby!  Not too sure how much he helps but the odd pop with a Heavy Bowgun from him can't be all bad can it?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • God damn CPP wouldn't fit through the letterbox.,
  • On the upside I should have time to break down the considerable pain barrier to entry on this today. Get your claws into me, game.
  • Well I managed to get it on amazon for just under £40 , they still are in stock if anyone interested
  • Nice one, Gaz!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Ok I'm in. This is wonderful.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah son
  • Ok I'm in. This is wonderful.

Welcome aboard.

I am off next week & I gotta try & limit my play on this, DIY beckons. Also Fire Emblem turns up on Fri & I reckon its gonna join Bioshock & Devil Survivor Overclocked on the pile though I cannot bring myself to nuke my pre-order.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!