Monster Hunter
  • I wish they'd bloody hurry up and sort out the Gamepad play on this!

I haven't even started mine yet :(
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Where is the easiest / best places to get Earth and ice crystals? All I need for my rhenoplas full set
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Where is the easiest / best places to get Earth and ice crystals? All I need for my rhenoplas full set
    Just built my Rheno set, got ice crystals from the caves in Sandy Planes.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The second area? Cool.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    what a game.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Good to hear all the MH love out there.  Good work people!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I wish this thread would fuck off, I don't want to buy a new console for one game.
  • Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 are also on their way.

So, it's a new console for (at least) four games ;)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lego city is also amazing
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    ZombieU too... 

Pack it in chaps, I'm not biting.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Biting like a LAGIACRUS
  • We've got him Reg! ;)
  • Carve thread for WiiU, 30% chance
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I just want a HD version with proper online. Hell, just Tri for 360 would do me.
    while looking thru the thread i found this comment. monster hunter 3 hd is on japanese psn for 2,600  yen (28.80gbp after whatever play asia add), its funking brilliant and beutifull, takes a bit of research if you cant read japanese though but theres lots of people willing to help. im loving it.

That'd be Portable 3rd HD, wouldn't it? Either way, my prayers have been answered in the guise of MH 3 Ultimate. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I wish this thread would fuck off, I don't want to buy a new console for one game.

I bought the WiiU for one game.  Then spanked the rest on the digital DS version and a 16 gb SD card.

So if you avoid the frivolous DS expenditure then you have a bargain sir!
  • Planning on going online for the next few hours if anyone is about.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    daviedigi wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I just want a HD version with proper online. Hell, just Tri for 360 would do me.
    while looking thru the thread i found this comment. monster hunter 3 hd is on japanese psn for 2,600  yen (28.80gbp after whatever play asia add), its funking brilliant and beutifull, takes a bit of research if you cant read japanese though but theres lots of people willing to help. im loving it.
    That'd be Portable 3rd HD, wouldn't it? Either way, my prayers have been answered in the guise of MH 3 Ultimate. ;)

indeed you are correct.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I wish this thread would fuck off, I don't want to buy a new console for one game.

i didn't buy a new console for this.

• HR2!  Online is sweeeeet!  I like the resource management improvements whilst online compared to Tri.
  • the main reason I got a 3ds for this rather than WiiU is that MH4 has only been confirmed for 3ds. and will have online. (right? I might have made that up...)

Also, one more console under the TV is difficult to hide from my fiancé, a 3ds in my bag is pretty easy :D

Am loving this though, am a bit gutted that I'll probably never multiplayer it, but I'm sure someone in London does a MH cafe meetup or something.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    indeed you are correct.

Is Portable 3rd HD playable online, then? I just thought you could play local games with PSP users, and transfer save files to the PSP version, similar to how MH3U works between Wii U and 3DS. Also, IIRC, the PSP version has been cracked and treated to a translation by the fans.
    the main reason I got a 3ds for this rather than WiiU is that MH4 has only been confirmed for 3ds. and will have online. (right? I might have made that up...) Also, one more console under the TV is difficult to hide from my fiancé, a 3ds in my bag is pretty easy :D Am loving this though, am a bit gutted that I'll probably never multiplayer it, but I'm sure someone in London does a MH cafe meetup or something.

According to Wikipedia, MH4 will indeed feature online play. Excite.

Regarding meetings, why don't you organise your own? I bet a few of the Badgers would be willing to meet up on a Saturday to slay some beasties.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Hit the 100 hour mark over the weekend.  Never have I clocked that many hours so quickly before on a game.  It was only this weekend I got my head/gave time to the Argosy Captain/Juniors hunt reports/village requests & commodities.  If I started again I reckon I could shave off 30-40 hours, but to hit a ton & still be learning, well what a game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Crumbs, that's more hours than I ever clocked on MH Tri.
  • I've cleared every quest in the village so far, to carry on I need to build a camp to make an expedition to fight a big bad. Eeep!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    daviedigi wrote:
    indeed you are correct.
    Is Portable 3rd HD playable online, then? I just thought you could play local games with PSP users, and transfer save files to the PSP version, similar to how MH3U works between Wii U and 3DS. Also, IIRC, the PSP version has been cracked and treated to a translation by the fans. 

yeh its playable online as me, jim\retrogam3r, jmw and knuckle have ben doing.
    you still need to download adhoc party for this though.

psp version has had a fan translation patch too.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've decided I need more experience of this series. Playing the original on PS2 offline was a dull affair and you all seem like you're having mondo fun times.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    yeh its playable online as me, jim\retrogam3r, jmw and knuckle have ben doing. you still need to download adhoc party for this though. psp version has had a fan translation patch too.

Oh, very cool. A second reason (along with Valkyria Chronicles I/II) that I'm tempted to pick up a PS3/PSP.
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I've decided I need more experience of this series. Playing the original on PS2 offline was a dull affair and you all seem like you're having mondo fun times.

Different versions are differing levels of 'do-able on your tod'. I tried both Freedom and Freedom 2, and basically had zero fun because I had no team mates. Tri, however, has a much better single player component. I can imagine Ultimate has a good single player element, too, as you now have two assistants, rather than the one you had in Tri.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    @BlueSwirl I have made my own Sony version of the whole thing. I play the PS3 version online using the Japanese adhoc party and it works flawlessly, And I play offline with the PSP version which as you said has had the fan translation patch.

Transferring the saves between the two is as simple as plugging the PSP in via USB and thats it. I have a long USB so it just sits there and I only need plug in when Im ready. Using Wikis can also help but to be honest, If you know your way around a Monster Hunter game then your already ahead. Games dont really vary except in terms of presentation and monsters. Having already done Tri, PS2 version and MHFU, I knew what to expect.

The PS3 version may not be for everyone as it is all Japanese, But it is cheap and it is playable and theres a few of us who play this daily so help is always on hand.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Rathalos is a massive bastard isn't he? Had him to 'fatigued' status in about 15 minutes, and after that he decided to ponce around for 25 minutes, flying off to new area and then proceeding to hover off the ground constantly. Utterly despair it when he gets enraged in the air, just chains you with dashes, fireballs, tails spins... ugh. Killed him of course, but he's a brute I should be able to kill 3x an hour, not once because he elects to be a colossal dick, hmph.
  • @Tempy , You're playing on the 3DS aren't you and how does it play ? I've just it from Lovefilm but haven't started it yet . 

The Hut haven't delivered my WiiU copy either yet the bastards !!! It's either not been sent or lost in the post ! Never had a problem with them or Zavvi before but heard their customer services are shit !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!