Monster Hunter
  • It plays absolutely fine until you get to the higher rank underwater missions (around 4star) and the higher rank ground missions (around 5 star)

I imagine it's playable without the CCP/XL at that stage, but the ability to move the camera with another circlepad is an absolute godsend against faster stuff, and the tougher underwater beasts.
  • Cheers , I've got a CCP so will give it a blast tomorrow. 

For the folks who have WiiU and 3DS versions , how's the transfering of saves going ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    @BlueSwirl I have made my own Sony version of the whole thing. I play the PS3 version online using the Japanese adhoc party and it works flawlessly, And I play offline with the PSP version which as you said has had the fan translation patch. Transferring the saves between the two is as simple as plugging the PSP in via USB and thats it.

Sounds superb.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Cheers , I've got a CCP so will give it a blast tomorrow.  For the folks who have WiiU and 3DS versions , how's the transfering of saves going ?

Smooth.  I have no fear watching the pig carrying my data these days.
  • Today's sesh involved getting da goods so I could upgrade 2 more bows.  Which in turn meant making posion bombs so I could carve my prey rather than watch disintegrate in nothing.

Still HR3 online as I focas more on village shiz for the mo.  2 more level 5's to do & then I better investigate what's causing the earthquakes.

Still loving it as I breeze past the 110 mark.
  • I've unlocked the last few 5 star quests and I'm at 52 hours, heh. I want to play online :(
  • I feel for ya Temps, tis a game that increases in greatness with online play.

I am hoping that once I have investigated & dealt with the earthqauke stuff the higher rank village stuff becomes available as its getting to the point where I need Ratty/Lagi+ carves for bows & armour.  At HR3 for online play I am a fair point off from being able to muck in with higher HR tavern hunts.
  • I've put in over 20 hours now and it's well worth grinding out all the village trades and farm upgrades that you can at this point.  Stuff like honey can become a bugger once you're involved in a consistent stream of online hunts so getting the stocks high early doors is a life saver.

Played mostly on  a regular 3DS and I concur with Tempy that is is certainly playable.  I've tended to leave the underwater battles to the small time that I've played on the WiiU.  The transfer of saves between the 2 is seamless.  I have got used to using the remote camera for swimming the shortcut from camp to hunt Royal Luddy in Moga Woods, but that's about it.  Fighting a Lagi or Gobul at this stage would mean death on a plain 3DS and as I haven't died at all yet then I want to keep my personal iron man mode going.

I think that the opening armour sets and weapons are very well thought out and supportive.  I've gone for a full set of Jaggi, Rheno and Ludroth so far with Quropeco and Barroth next in line.  As ever tinkering with decorations is highly addictive and I like how abilities are now highlighted and explained.

As saves are deleted when swapping between 3DS and WiiU would it be a good idea to buy a separate SD card for another player to take part in some 3DS/WiiU same room co-op and then be careful to transfer to the appropriate cards?  Would it work?  It made my brain hurt yesterday thinking about it.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    gonna start mh3u on vita (psp version) during bus rides today, hopefully i can become accustomed to the menu's, items and equipment for the japanese version on ps3.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Rathalos is a git but if you want to get your own back, try the bow.  You can continue to attack him while he's airborne.
  • Tried to buy this yesterday, everywhere sold out.
  • I downloaded the 3DS version in the end.  Wish I'd done that on WiiU rather than buy a disc tbh.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Rathalos is a git but if you want to get your own back, try the bow.  You can continue to attack him while he's airborne.

Man, more farming! I guess it'd be a good idea now I'm at the end of the village stuff.

• Nothing more satisfying that making Rathalos fall from the sky to land with a heavy thump.

There are even more annoying Rathalos' later on.
  • gonna get on dat bow. Any recommendations? Using my Arcus Lance vs Ceadeus RIGHT THIS SECOND

Edit: jesus christ he's a prize fucker. That's three fights i've had with him where i've not broken his sodding beard.
  • Ceadeus is parked for tomorrow, everything else village wise is done for the mo.  Fleet are all up to 2 stars, farm as maxed as poss.

Started reading a few wiki's & watched a few 'tube vids to see if my 100 hours plus with the bow was going in the right direction.  Feck me, I opened Pandora's box!  Just how deep is this bloody game?  So much stuff I have not even come across yet.
  • I've beaten him, and my first High Rank quest. At 60 hours I reckon I'm at 15/20% completion?
  • 15/20% guess that is the final nail in my Soul Sacrifice & Vita coffin.*  

Helped my son out with a few of his HR2's today so we can be on the same page & hunt together.  The last solo hunt I did was in the Volcano area(I forget the preys name) I had gone in with not to many supplies, & the fight dragged on a touch.  My own fault for trying to rush it before I had to go to work.  The Loc lac(?) kit kept everything all great till I ran out of cool drinks, the rations, might seeds, potions etc all depleted early on due to me not topping up before I went in.  I did it with a minute left on the clock.  Quite a rush when my charged shot rained down on it & the bugger fell.  Love this game!

*Only a Vita price drop can save it now.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    More details on a couple of new monsters and the Charge Axe in Monster Hunter 4.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I downloaded the Brady Game guide.  Part of me wishes I didn't bother.  There is absolutely tons of kit & I see why people rack up some crazy hours on this series.
  • Cindemon, are you playing co-op with your son?  I want to do the same but with all the transferring saves business I'm just curious as to your set up.
  • Should get MH3DS today, and have ordered the Annoying Peripheral Pro XL too.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm off work, so i'll be on this pretty much all day. If anyone cares to join, message me and i'll set up a room.
  • Tempy wrote:
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Rathalos is a git but if you want to get your own back, try the bow.  You can continue to attack him while he's airborne.
    Man, more farming! I guess it'd be a good idea now I'm at the end of the village stuff.

Flash bombs might bring him out of the sky when he's hovering, assuming your chosen weapon can't clip him, which eventually should make him flinch and fall

I found him to be a lot better behaved in this than in o.g. tri, but maybe it;s just that after heavily farming him in that i get the damage in a lot faster this time around

Or perhaps as i'm using a horn i may have a habit of performing a recital when he goes up, which will cause him to focus on me so maybe he then swoops down at me, thus landing again
  • Oh no, you used the F word!
  • ayns wrote:
    Cindemon, are you playing co-op with your son?  I want to do the same but with all the transferring saves business I'm just curious as to your set up.

So far we have done me on WiiU & him on 3DS & also both of us on 3DS.  He did ask if he could transfer his data to the WiiU whilst I am at work etc, my heart stopped, but on further thinking, I don't really see an issue as long as I got my latest data back on 3DS. It should be ok. I hope....
  • Curtis wrote:
    I'm off work, so i'll be on this pretty much all day. If anyone cares to join, message me and i'll set up a room.

Alas, I have the just woken & have fam shiz followed by work, otherwise I would of bitten your hand off.  I only got a small window & that is filled by taking down(I hope) Ceadeus.  Would love to get a B&B room going, as playing with randoms are fun, but it could be sooo much better with proper communication/planing.  For example the amount of hunts I have sent monsters alseep with my bow, gone to whip out some large barrel bombs for extra damage just to watch some fellow hunter bringing some smackdown & awake the bugger before I get the chance. What HR levels are the online B&B massive at? I have a few left on HR3 & the plan atm is to try & be ready for HR5 come Monday.
  • cindemon wrote:
    ayns wrote:
    Cindemon, are you playing co-op with your son?  I want to do the same but with all the transferring saves business I'm just curious as to your set up.
    So far we have done me on WiiU & him on 3DS & also both of us on 3DS.  He did ask if he could transfer his data to the WiiU whilst I am at work etc, my heart stopped, but on further thinking, I don't really see an issue as long as I got my latest data back on 3DS. It should be ok. I hope....

Do you both have your own SD card for saving on the 3DS?  I only have one 3DS so I'm not sure that it'd work for me tbh.  Does the game save to SD card or the actual DS?  As I think about it I'm guessing that you both need a DS to protect your own data.
  • Sorry ayns, I should of been a smidge clearer.  We both have a 3DS.  I believe it saves to the SD card not the cart  Not 100% on that one so you may want to dig deeper with that one.  The scenario you mentioned a few post up ref buying a seperate SD card seems to me a pretty solid workaround(especially if you can back that data up on a PC) though again, further research would be needed rather than take my words as gospel.
  • Cheers dude.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!