The British Politics Thread
  • He has also said peaceful protestors should be allowed to make noise but not disturb the majority of law abiding citizens.
    Either showing how thick he is that he doesn't realise peaceful protestors are law abiding citizens, or showing what he really thinks of any kind of protestor.

The guy has shit for brains.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    And here he is describing the 20th of May “work event” as a party.

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1483364895852797960
  • Yossarian wrote:
    And here he is describing the 20th of May “work event” as a party. https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1483364895852797960

Ah now, Kay clearly tricked him with her magic jedi mind skills.
    SFV - reddave360
  • More word play from Johnson then.
    Nobody told him the party was against the rules apparently.

Seems a very specific answer. Doesn't exclude someone telling him it is a bad idea, or 'might' be against the rules.

Its all just fucking nonsense now.
    I thought he may stay on for 6 months or so, try to revive something. Nah the Tories are making manoeuvres. Once the key factions have decided on a strategy on who they are backing next Johnson will be toast.
  • Q: Do you accept on principle a PM who has misled parliament should have to resign?

Johnson says it would be wrong to prejudge what the report will say.

errrrrr.
  • Johnson is doubling down on not knowing the difference between work and a party.
    I could well believe it tbh because he is an incompetent fucking child totally unfit to be PM.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    More word play from Johnson then. Nobody told him the party was against the rules apparently. Seems a very specific answer. Doesn't exclude someone telling him it is a bad idea, or 'might' be against the rules. Its all just fucking nonsense now. I thought he may stay on for 6 months or so, try to revive something. Nah the Tories are making manoeuvres. Once the key factions have decided on a strategy on who they are backing next Johnson will be toast.

So... Yes, he knew it was a party but no, know one told him it was specifically a party that broke the rules his own government established?

Well, that sounds fair enough.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Just watching the actual Sky interview.
    This is fucking tragic.

What an embarrassing sack of shit.

I think now being a liar would be the best look because the alternative is pure donkey brains. Mouth breathing fuckwit.
  • “No one told me it was wrong” is the most childish pathetic excuse he’s come out with. And even that might be a provable lie. Ridiculous.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Why would he need to be told? Couldn't he work it out from the guidance?
  • I think at that point in time, I was going out once a day with the dog, once with the kid, and thought that was probably pushing it a bit. When people were coming the other way on the pavement, we crossed over to avoid them.
  • Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

"Sorry officer no one actually told me I couldn't walk out of the jewelery store with all these diamonds"
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • monkey wrote:
    I think at that point in time, I was going out once a day with the dog, once with the kid, and thought that was probably pushing it a bit. When people were coming the other way on the pavement, we crossed over to avoid them.

Are these the May ones or the December ones?
    I've actually lost track.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s really quite pathetic. It’s pathetic because he knows everyone knows he’s a lying cunt but he just tries more and more ways to keep his seat. Operation Red Meat being my latest favourite. Yep let’s punish a bunch of other people because I’ve got caught out breaking the law.
  • It’s May 2020. The first lockdown. The everyone stay at home, everything closed, childrens birthday parties cancelled, Eid cancelled, schools shut, all but essential shops closed. The decisions he’d been making and stuff he’d been saying in daily press conferences for a couple of months. Friends and families hadn’t seen each other in all that time. Everyone else’s social life was an endless series of fucking zoom calls.
    (I think) it was just after they’d made the first change to those initial rules. You could now leave your house for unlimited exercise but must ‘stay local’ or something.
    His excuse is he didn’t know parties with 40 people weren’t allowed at that time because no one told him.
  • Some journo has got to be able to dig up a press conference of his from around that time that blows that excuse out of the water.
  • Wasn't he on TV basically every day at that point?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Ah yeah May 2020. When I spent my 34th birthday alone listening to the drug dealers next door who got housed there because they were vulnerable during a pandemic. When I did leave the house to walk the dog I spent the whole time worrying my neighbours would rob my flat.
    When I would have loved nothing more to escape that shit situation for a few hours and visit my friends around the corner for an evening but didnt because there were rules about meeting up to have fucking drinks with people.

That May 2020.
  • He's always struck me as one of those people who will say whatever it takes to deflect or shut down any line of questioning that potentially conflicts with the image he wants to project of himself. It doesn't matter if it's blatantly a lie, because the media  never had any  appetite to investigate or pursue him over the discrepancies in his ad hoc excuses and obfuscations, and this well-worn technique usually bought him enough time that a new political topic or theme eventually eclipses whatever bullshit he'd fed the press about Brexit, donations, holidays he's been taking/who pays for them, conflicts of interest, clientelism, nepotism etc etc.

But all this party stuff has really struck a nerve, and public appetite to get to the bottom of it all isn't waning. He's fucked and he knows it. Every additional fib digs him deeper, and yet at the same time he's in so deep that he needs to find some way of shirking his responsibility or it's all over. so he keeps on rolling the dice, in search of the holy grail of all lies; something so optimally worded that it covers all bases, calms people down, buys him time, draws a line under this whole thing. but, gloriously, those words don't exist. his cover is blown. he's done
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Do you think he'll resign before party action is taken?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • If he could get away with it he would go now. He's stuck because he's beholden to the 1922 committee and whatever leave campaign donors wanted him to do to tax deregulation or whatever.

I feel no sympathy for him, he's undoubtedly one of the worst PM's in recent history, possibly ever, but he's just twisting in the breeeze in all these interviews because he can't say "I didn't pay attention to what was happening or really give a shit, I completely left the day to day operations of number 10 to others and just presumed that if anything went wrong it would be them that would be responsible woke I went around the place doing shit photo ops and stuff and sorting out tax for Dyson and that over WhatsApp".

What's up all the people who voted for this shithead even after you were told by many, including his old boss at the Spectator or the Times or wherever saying how fucking unfit he was to be anywhere near the PM job.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • One Tory MP from the 2019 intake claiming a group of them are "ready to make a statement about Boris" over partygate row, adding that "it’s not positive".
    Here we go.
  • Surely he can just boot them out like last time.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I think it's safe to say he is now worse than Cameron as a Prime Minister. And that's going some, given that prick kicked off the Brexit shambles and has created a fissure within the union.

The other candidate for worst PM is Lord North who is considered responsible for "losing America".
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    I think it's safe to say he is now worse than Cameron as a Prime Minister. And that's going some, given that prick kicked off the Brexit shambles and has created a fissure within the union.

The other candidate for worst PM is Lord North who is considered responsible for "losing America".

It's saying something that Johnson is considered worse than a PM who fucked a pig
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Better a pig than a country.
  • monkey wrote:
    Pretty weird country where the most embarrassing prime minister of the last decade isn't the one that fucked a dead pig.
    https://twitter.com/TechnicallyRon/status/1481247497926361091

• Was reading about Lord North at some point last year. I think it’s a bit like if someone came in to the job now and lost Scotland. It would be their name on it but it’s been building for a long time.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Appreciate that @monkey but let's not spoil the fun of apportioning blame.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!