Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Yeah, I had a quick dig through the obvious places but couldn’t find anything. I was in a rush to get things done before going to work, so I didn’t do a thorough search.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I just noticed a network folder that is named after my hotmail account. Nothing much in there for me, but looked like a place for personal app data.
    Things can only get better.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Had a proper dig, can't find them anywhere. Ho hum. Back to the drawing board.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is it backing them up to a one drive account maybe?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It was up until August last year. I think I turned it off because my OneDrive was getting full. D'oh.

On the upside, it only means I've lost a year of photos, rather than all of my pictures. Better than nowt.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Edge browser seems to have crapped out for me. Extensions aren't loading and pages are crashing. It's up to date and other browsers are working fine. Might just be me, I suppose.
  • Kow, reboot your machine, could be you have pending updates. Windows applications grind to a halt when it has a pending reboot for patches.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Microsoft are pissing me right off these days. I had to send back my Surface Pro due to dead pixels and they replaced it with a refurb that's a piece of shit, keeps blue screening. I've had to send that back now too. Fuck knows what they'll send me next.
  • Yeh pretty much all their effort is focused on Azure, understandably. Win7 was so bloody good as was XP. 10 not so much. The endless random patching and awful menu layouts annoy me.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I actually like Windows 10 a lot. In general, it's been quite stable and unobtrusive.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Windows 10 is up there with 7 and XP, really good work from MS. Which the old school Apple fan in me is loathe to say, but it's true.

Anywho. It's been 25 years since the introduction of the Start menu. Enjoy a video of Microsoft slapping themselves on the back.

• Windows 10 is the best one by a mile.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Attack the weak spot for massive damage!
  • I really like windows 10 but we have an old PC in work we use just as a label printer. Its still running Windows XP and its amazing how fast it is. Its not as pretty an OS and I'd be lost without the windows 10 search bar at this point but Windows XP kills it for just clicking through a load of files fast.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Win 10 just runs stuff without issues. I used to use Linux for machine learning but Windows is now so stable it's easier to use Tensorflow and the like without bothering with dual boots.
  • Having switched from acer to dell, I think there's also a level of variation with manufacturers as window 10 specifically. 

My acer seemed to just toss a coin every update, w10, nvidia, anything, and then pick something new to fuck up randomly.

The dell just seems to update fine.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • W10 hates my aging laptiop.
    Every upgrade seems to break my nvidia optimus driver with blackscreen, bsod's etc. Reinstalling the driver seems to solve it but it's scary as fuck when you're not aware and not expecting it.

W7 had the best compatibility and support by far. Hate the 'you are the beta tester, live with it' current policy.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I now get MS employee store discount, which includes some friends and family stuff. There's some gaming jazz, but first party only, and it's largely covered by gamepass which I guess most folk already have? (Though eg Minecraft Windows isn't and tempts me cos rtx...).

But office stuff looks a better offering: £20 rather than $80 for a year sub family sub, including up to 6TB one drive as well as word/Excel etc. Finite number of invites, but a reasonable number, so ping me an email address if you want in and I'll do my best. (I think we also get $5 off, each, or something, so I'm obviously keen to max out my invitees :P)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Apparently I can't give to government agents though.  Including teachers.  Or I might get fired.
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Actually this also includes flight simulator at a good discount:
    - standard is £60->£30
    - Deluxe is £80->£44
    - Premium is £110->£58
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Apparently I can't give to government agents though.  Including teachers.  Or I might get fired.
    Spoiler:

We have our own discount programme, plus we get the "special" edition.
  • We had a scheme in work where we got Office for free. Only had to pay €15 P&P for an emailed code. Very strange way of doing it.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I'm still on the student rate.
  • I can install on five devices for free through college but for some reason they tell us not to use OneDrive even though it's available.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Annoyingly in Aus we are still stuck paying full whack!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Our work O365 is an enterprise subscription which lets us install it on 5 devices. The browser apps are getting pretty good too and will meet most folks' needs without the need for an install.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    PowerPoint says you're lying davy
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Well - OK ..  But for Word and Mail it's fine. I suppose Excel might be a bit clunky too. Haven't tried it in a while.

Before the Windows phone went kaput I trialled using it with a docking station. I was able to run windows 10 on it with trad browser full Office Suite installed applications while keeping my documents on OneDrive. The phone ran at the same temp as the core of the sun but it worked just fine.

Only thing I had to crack was corporate LAN access and print but that would have been sorted had it stayed around. A missed opportunity that.
  • I can't use any of the office 365 Web apps, they are all lacking in features so I always use the option to open in app. Could be the way my work has implemented it but I can't stand it.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's a feature gap - maybe always. Depends what you are doing. My documents are always pretty basic in layout so its fine.

If I start working with stuff that has more in the way of layouts and diagrams then you still need the application but at a guess I'd say MS will have an aim to move all-in for browser at some point with no loss of fetaures. Could be some way off but never say never.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!