Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    so what is peoples go to character of choice? I've gone for a wizard which is a first for me....

Wizard as well mate. Enjoying it a lot so far. Pew pew, as it were. My mate hit 60 last night. He hasn't slept since launch. Student no less. Cretin...
  • Christ, I thought I was bad.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Dude, you've no idea. I used to work at Blizzard so I've been playing with all me old work mates. They're all in their high 50s now. God bless shift work and four days of complete gaming.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    2zid768.jpg
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Well okay, how about, if they didnt make it the way they did, it would be pirated to shit, they'd lose money, horribly, and you'd never get a large budget game made specifically for the pc ever again. That cannot be stressed enough, if D3 was able to be pirated, pc gaming would die on its arse forever

No it wouldn't.

And when exactly did you grow a conscience, stop pirating games and go all "rah rah DRM is aces"?

When Blizzard made you buy a PC game for once?
  • i knew someone would say that, and it was obviously going to be you

obviously im a fucking retard mod

i dont have a 'morality' either way, if i can pirate, i will, if i cant, i'll admire how they made me pay

in this case, yes, it would die, the confidence loss would be catastrophic

people cite witcher 2 but its a fucking peanut compared to diablo 3 in terms of resources and expectation, a game made in 2 years by a passionate but relatively smal team of obsessives does not, will never, compare to an 8 year development involving hundreds and hundreds of people who are regarded as the finest at what they do in the world, for one of the most anticipated titles of all time

if diablo failed due to piracy (and if it could be pirated, it would fail, catastrophically), then confidence would be lost in sole pc development forever, pretty much simple as that
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Whilst I admire your honesty that you'd pirate it if you could your flip flop is rather amazing, especially as despite me ignoring the first few times you keep going on about how beneficial it is in the face of everyone else who is trying to play the game but can't saying it isn't.

Diablo III wouldn't have failed through piracy, this always on server is having a damn good go though.

I sincerely hope the mountain of cash they'll need to spend on servers supporting a game that will be played for years by very large numbers of people completely outstrips whatever they would have lost on piracy.
  • do you see what you are saying?

they COULD have said 'no lets just go the old fashioned way' = piracy, horrible shortcoming in sales (this is pretty much a documented phenomenon, re: crysis), yay a small bunch of whiners hapy

or they say 'lets go online' masses of sales, everyone pays, small bunch of whiners sad

i think it's kind of a no brainer

i didnt flip flop i have never, in my entire life, supported piracy as some kind of preferential attitude (by al means quote me) i pirate CAUSE I CAN

that i have to pay, is good, cause like me, tonnes of erstwhile pirates WILL pay to play a decent game, and anyone remotely intrested in the industry will support this as a good thing. if all games are like this from now on, i wont bitch, ill pay, its a trivial amount of money compared to say.. a weekend of partying, its altogether a good thing

i have no idea where you picked up piracy as being an ideology rather than a convenience
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    The main reason for always online is to prevent item duping, amongst other cheat-like things which ultimately ruined D2 online.
  • Less DRM more game chat.

Just ran through Skeleton King (again, possibly 4 or 5 times now) with Tigro and MY DAD. Was pretty awesome.
  • Lovely little quest with Tempy just now. No lag whatsoever and a great tutorial to the game. Stopped at level 8 having just taken out the Skeleton King.

I did stop to wonder at one point if I was actually having fun, but that thought was quickly eviscerated as a horde of undead burst through a wall, Tempy chained them together with some entangling arrowstuff, and I scorched them to fuckery with a load of flaming bats.

The art is gorgeous and the gameplay is unbelievably moreish. Can't wait for another hit.

THANKS TEMPESTORBRAH.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    'lets go online' masses of sales, everyone pays, small bunch of whiners sad

I'm glad I haven't spent £45 on this and am having the same connection and lag problems most everyone else here is because if I had and you called me a whiner for complaining I'd be telling you to go fuck yourself right about now.
  • Lovely little quest with Tempy just now. No lag whatsoever and a great tutorial to the game. Stopped at level 8 having just taken out the Skeleton King. I did stop to wonder at one point if I was actually having fun, but that thought was quickly eviscerated as a horde of undead burst through a wall, Tempy chained them together with some entangling arrowstuff, and I scorched them to fuckery with a load of flaming bats. The art is gorgeous and the gameplay is unbelievably moreish. Can't wait for another hit. THANKS TEMPESTORBRAH.

Yeah, sometimes it feels a bit "err, why?" but when the fireworks fly you can't deny it's fun. I find it incredibly relaxing, like I don't even have to play it really, just tons of feedback for a good time.

Mod74 wrote:
    I'm glad I haven't spent £45 on this and am having the same connection and lag problems most everyone else here is because if I had and you called me a whiner for complaining I'd be telling you to go fuck yourself right about now.

Well I only plaid £32 and I've only had that one 2 hour stretch on launch when they took the servers down for maintenance. Not great for the mugs who paid £45 though I guess.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    MUGS? I paid 75 Euro for mah CE :(
  • Mod74 wrote:
    LazyGunn wrote:

im glad that since yesterday i havent had one second of lag (and im on yank servers with australians) and you havent even bought or played the game so really you can go fuck yourself right now
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Mountain out of a molehill...
  • Tempeh, Tigro and Haak I wish was on your teamz

1331947493-sad-tiger.jpg
  • i paid for the digital download and strangely i havent gotten upset with the fact i can play the game any time i want, like, a week after release? WHAT IS WRONNGGG WITH ME? *turns into a fly and head falls off*
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Fuck you all not having to work evening jobs. If I was doing something important like making sure sewage pressure throughout Greater London wasen't hitting critical levels every minute i'd feel slightly better about missing grinding/partying time.

But I ain't.

TotalBiscuit has a rant up about the DRM "fiasco" but I can't listen to him for more than a minute before headbutting my screen. And someone elsewhere posted this in response to people complaining about the game's length.

• I'll be diving back in later with my lvl 11 Wizzy. Hope I don't get constantly booted again.
  • Where is the demo?  I'm not buying ANYTHING until I see how it runs on my Mac.
  • There was an open beta a month ago. Outside of that, every player has 2 Guest Passes that lets you play the Beta segment of the game.
  • I'm giving Diablo III a rest for a few days. Completely unplayable for me as (again) I am being constantly booted from the server every 5-10 minutes. Router is fine and every other online application runs without a hitch. Thank fuck I don't have to review it.
  • Nick wrote:
    Tempeh, Tigro and Haak I wish was on your teamz
    Buy a new PC! NOW.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Where is the demo?  I'm not buying ANYTHING until I see how it runs on my Mac.

Have pm'd you my last code
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Had a good 4 hour blast on this last night – my first real dip into the Diablo series.

Superb game but I have to admit I did get a bit bored of clicking... Much prefer the joypad (and a sofa) for action games.

Have a level 11 Monk who's all teleporting about and punching things with lightning fists and swirling fire kicks. Runs pretty well on my 2 year old iMac too!

Look forward to some co-op sometime.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Apologies to @Tempy for the rude departure yester eve. My broadband cut out.

In the meantime we made it to Act 3 after a bossfight that makes The Butcher look like a kitten.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Enjoyed our co-op romp last night @Bollockoff and @Tempy! There were a few times though when so much shit was going on I always passed away from trying to visually identify what was actually happening. Superb!
  • Level 9 with my Witch Doctor at the moment. Got myself a nice ceremonial knife and am throwing jars o'rachnids around like it's going out of fashion. WHICH IT NEVER WILL.

This game is infinitely better in co-op with friends.
  • I think the visuals might get in the way on Nightmare mode but currently I'm easily able to wipe the floor with either my Monk or Demon Hunter.

I know it isn't the most high poly game in the world but you can't deny the brilliance of it all running totally smooth when a Witchdoctor has 7 or 8 familiars attacking in the middle of a storm of magic and arrows.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!