Diablo IV
  • Diablo 3 on Nightmare is a totally different game. Amazing, Mobs that wall you in and then cut you to shreds with rotating beams of arcane energy. Brilliant.
  • Now I read that players are having their accounts hacked and they lose their gear.  Presumably, this will be sold on in the auction house later.

So, to sum up the game, people are reliant on servers being operational, they can experience lag even when playing solo, and accounts are being hacked.

Awesome!
  • I'm looking forward to having a crack at the higher difficulties, but content to plod through at this stage.

Are people with authenticators being hacked?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Apparently.  Mobile authenticators might be ok but the standard one isn't.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm wondering how long before people start saying Blizzard are drumming up hacking scares to sell more authenticators.
  • They charge for that?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I believe so. £8 or there abouts. Not sure how much the mobile app is.
  • Genius. 

Think I'll stick to Diablo II and then have a look at Torchlight II.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why isn't the female monk called a nun? I want to play a vicious nun.
  • Mobile authenticator is free.
  • Authenticator?

If they hack my account they will be incredibly disappointed.
  • It's a thing that spits out a randomly generated code that is tied to your account and needs to be entered each time you log in.

Supposedly stops people hacking your account and selling all your stuff. Mate has one after they hacked his wow account and deleted all of his key bindings.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I've been playing Blizzard games and WoW for years and I have never been hacked. I'm sorry to say it, but people probably just need to be more cautious on the internet. Like don't open strange emails ect...
  • I dunno, two of my mates have both been hacked and they're both computer guys and understand the internet.

I've never been hacked but have had an authenticator for the last year.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I've had an authenticator since way back in a fairly short WoW thing I went through. The mobile one is free and takes zero effort. I thought it was a given that you signed up for it nowadays.
    I still get a fair few daft "this is Blizzard, please enter your details to check yadda yadda" emails too but bugger knows how else they'd hack an authenticated account. 

Just got me up to lvl26 after Baliol killed my Barb about 3 times. A fast moving ranged warrior he was not but after tinkering with runes and whatnot it turns out he wasn't that tough (on normal... )

Now my sis's PC appears to have assploded (reports as not having an OS at all. Shit) so that's the rest of the afternoon dead.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I am  now booting up Diablo 2 for the first time ever oh shit.
  • Excite! After playing Diablo III I wish more games would sack off the outmoded Skill Tree method and go for the new Diablo design, which I reckon riffs heavily off of Borderlands, and let you reallocate skills on the fly.

People arguing that they can't 'define' their characters because everyoneat level 30 has all the base skills unlocked are idiots, considering you can only have 6 of the 20+ active at a time and each skill has 5 unlockable runes to attatch to it.

The one thing Borderlands 2 could take from D3, and I hope it does, is the improvement of unique mobs on higher difficulties. Instead of just giving Mobs higher HP which it does by the bucketload, each difficulty increases the amount of affixes they can be given like so:

Normal: Scavenger Waller
    Nightmare: Scavenger Mortar Waller
    Hell: Extra Health Scavanger Mortar Waller
    Inferno: Arcane Extra Health Scavanger Mortar Waller

- That last mob would FUCK YOU UP, the ability to wall you in, lob ranged AoE attacks at you whilst laying down rotating beams of energy that hit for ridiculous DPS coupled with the obscene health make them tougher than the bosses.

I want that in Borderlands 2, make the difficulty mechanic and play based, not just damage and HP based.

I realise most of you won't understand or give a shit about that, but it is making D3 a serious time sink on my part, it gives a lot.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I want that in Borderlands 2, make the difficulty mechanic and play based, not just damage and HP based.
    I can agree with that.
  • Pure HP/Damage is still there but delivered in interesting ways, which is what is so good about it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I appear to have something hovering over my Barbarians head, and I'm taking no damage after clicking something when I left the village, some shrine or summat.

What is this? I know literally nothing about the game.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    My bad, it gives me unlimited stamina for a while.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah, this shit ain't for me.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    lol
  • To be fair D2 hasn't aged well at all.  You have to be a real stalwart to get enjoyment out of it.  As opposed to being a lobotomised loon to pay good money on a 'game' that regularly refuses to let you play it like D3.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I just kept getting hit by fire from fuck knows where then my weapon stopped working and I was punching things to no effect and I died and it put me right back at the beginning so I quit.
  • @Blocks100 Oh come off it, some of us have had barely any trouble and are enjoying it.

I'm not excusing the DRM at all, but passing judgement on a product you don't appear to have played just because the DRM has caused problems is a bit shit. I've clocked up over 40 hours on it, so it is clearly doing something right, or am I just a lobotomise loon?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I haven't played DII since I reckon maybe 2003/2004, so I would imagine it could - perhaps - 'ave not aged well. Come join us on DIII DS you goon, you!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I just can't do it, Captain, I don't have the power
  • Have you tried a guest pass?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    No, but to be fair I was never a fan of click everything games back in't old days, bar KKND, which will never be topped, so it'd be wasted on me. That, and if bought, I'd never play it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!