Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Diablo 2 is go today after the football.

What's the best Tank build to pick at the start?
  • Get on Gamefaqs, they have builds coming out of the wazoo. Also your post just knocked my gushing off. Git.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    HA!

And cheers.
  • Just hit Act II after a manic session with Reg. Being a lightly armoured Wizard, I popped my clogs in the middle of the end-of-act boss, leaving Reg alone to mop up the mess. The lighting effects are quite special and the rain and lightning really adds atmosphere. Great stuff.
  • I'm playing through Diablo II on and off at the moment.  I went with the Hammerdin build and I'm currently on Act II.
  • I'm guessing a 'Hammerdin' is a paladin with a hammer?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It's a Paladin with the Blessed Hammer skill.
  • I love and hate this game.  When my ping is 50ms to 80ms usually in the morning the game runs flawlessly for me.  As soon as it gets to around 2pmish my ping jumps to 200ms to 400ms and all I get is laggy bollocks. 

Most frustrating.
  • My bollocks lag nowadays.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I've spent the entire game at around 200ms and I have to say I barely notice it.
  • Beat Act IV with Bollockoff. By the end my Monk was able to stand toe to toe with any boss and just attack nonstop due to a frightening combination of weaponry and armour which was augmented by great ability synergy. 

In Nightmare mode the first enemy has gone from 10 health to 1000 health. Brilliant.
  • How do you change the difficulty? Do you need to complete x amount of the game first? The whole thing?
  • The whole thing? Yep. Then you unlock it for good.

Diablo is a loooong game in the sense that you don't 'finish' it until you beat it on Inferno Mode. It's all about farming for Epic Loot. I clocked out at level 30, the cap is 60.

The first item drop in Nightmare was a trash (grey) set of leg armour. It had 100 defence.

On the iunventory screen it will also show your damage or DPS. Mine is around 350 now, Hell/Inferno level 60s tend to be 1.5k.
  • Nice. I had a cursory glance at the Diablo forums last night and I think the real powerplayers were getting something disgusting like 4k+ DPS. Crazy.
  • For future reference -  http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5394512/
    Tells you when the servers are down.

I have a clock on my iPhone set to Las Vegas so I know when shit is goin' down.
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    Just setting this up now, expect to go through on a solo play first but will love some co-op down the line

battletag is Pranksterr#1820
  • Tempy, only tells you the US servers, is that where you play?

Prankster, can you get online now on the european servers?
  • Yeah, I thought it was EU - however  http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4210102986

I'm not too fussed as i've finished it but I wanted to clear it with my Wiz to prep for Nightmare propa liek
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    Great timing with my first playing, EU svrs down :P . Thought i was being smart and letting the launch pass me by :)
  • 443 page thread on the official forum in 3 hours. You can play on the US servers of course but characters are server locked.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ye gods?? This page has also been reporting the Eu servers as down pretty much all day. Is that actually true? 

Been wanting to switch it on but haven't had a chance. Might have a crack later but it looks like I'll have to go clicking on US/Asia if so. 

Where is the game ping reporting btw? Everyone seems to know or have it showing; I presume it's an option I've missed somewhere?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • It's that green/yellow/red bar next to you character's power source.

If you glance upwards just a tad my post confirms the servers is down ; )
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Strewth Temps! I'd seen your post earlier but didn't think that they could have been down all day on a Sunday. I'd thought I'd just got unlucky and had happened to check in the short periods of downtime during the day.

Not that good a start Blizz.

SERVERS ARE BACK APPARENTLY!!!!!!! Log in people.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • CRAM ON THE SERVER CRASH CRASH CRASH
  • Is this fucking game ever going to work properly? You'd have thought all those £45's would have bought more than Battlefield's old servers.
  • I paid £32, it's probably my fault.
  • I'm actually not overly bothered cos I'm trying to sort out that Arma2 DayZ thing instead, but that persistent online thing for SP is a complete balls-up. No defence.
  • I know why they have done it, I totally understand that. But that doesn't stop it from being absolute bullshit.

Still, the game is a hell of a lot of fun and I've only had issues on Launch and today, and to be fair they did post on the forum and say "Big EU server Error, No ETA" and then "Letting people in slowly" to let us know.

Server went down so I fixed my Electric Piano and did an hours practise followed by learning some new songs. Perspective is required but it is probably going to hurt Blizzard a fair bit.
  • I thought the game was excellent, when I was on it. Kind of wish it was shit.
  • Had a great 4 player romp from scratch up to SK. Ace.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!