PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    416 DPS? Jesus Jimmy, my Monk has that at level 31 on Nightmare. Ruining your game there.

LvL 31, with Wizard Buffs: 569 DPS

559814.jpg
  • Alright showoff : p I've not got 'leet gear' at the mo but my armour is over 1000 so I do have that.

Also my Critical hit Damage is something like 139%+ which is nice.

Also just read Wizard buffs. Bloody Arcane Weapon buff, why is there no icon to show you how long it lasts? My Mantras are 7 minutes long and they show up. Tch. Lazy Blizzard.

My wizard setup is similar to yours but I go for Diamond Armour with Prism Rune (can cast Disintergrate for ages) and something like Blizzard for tasty. I drop Arcane Weapon and Energy Shield for those. Tempted to swap out Lightning for Frost Ray and Cold Blooded, i've read with Prism you can use it nearly limitlessly.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Arcane Weapon boosts my DPS from 416 to 569. That's why I'm using it atm. The spec I have there is a pure solo build, as you can probably guess.
  • Aye, Diamond Skin/Armour w.e. is handy on Co-op for when those doublehard mobs smash past your Witch Doctor buddy's summons and go for your neck.

I take it you have Glass Cannon on passive too? That is some DPS boost, whew.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yup, usually when I'm soloing I just max my DPS as much as possible and rely Frost Nova for Rooting mob backs and Wave Nova for obliterating them.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hey guys get a high level Witch Doctor so I can compare my own penis size. I feel left out.

I want to compare Angry Chicken DPS.

And bad news for anyone cooping with me. Gregor the Gargant is getting less and less viable the more I progress in nightmare. And i'm watching videos of Inferno where an enraged Gargantuan gets two shotted by a white Fallen.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ok. All this talk of spec builds and specific target setups are beginning to make a little more sense now I'm on Act 3 normal and having a bit more trouble generally. Still clickety, clickety, mindless at times but quite often you can begin to get overwhelmed and have to fiddle with runes and load outs. I imagine this gets a lot more involved and I like it. 
    What I don't currently like are some suicidal green flaming type mofos that can take out my trusty lvl30 Barb if I'm not on the ball. They seem to get lit by some mob and then peg it towards you full on kamikaze style. Two or three of those (my toe to toe usual tactic coming a bit short here..) and I'm 10% down on kit. As a n00b this continues to impress. 

In other news I found this chatter on MMO Champion btw,

"Seems that the rumor going around - according to the article at least - is that the unscheduled maintenance was an SQL injection attack that managed allow logins with user details that bypass the authentication server, rendering the authenticator useless."

That may explain why Sunday was wiped out and also rings a moment of truth as I had to use my authenticator again to log in earlier today. I seem to remember you have to every once in  a while anyway but here's to hoping they've put up some defences for a while yet.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It is not really a good idea to join a mate's game when they're trying to do a boss on Nightmare.

Not only can you not even join till they're done but you unsommon the hire they have probably doing an essential role and give a decent health/damage boost to said boss.
  • I keep sacking this off for films, sorry B. I'll get back to it in time.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Nah I understand. I'm neglecting too much film watching, myself. Problems of having my PC right next to the TV and PS3.
  • Fuck off.

Every time I try and play this now it works for a couple of minutes before booting me back to the character select screen with the message "You have been removed from the game". It'll sit like that for a minute or so though then pop up with error 3007 saying I've lost connection.

Apparently this is because my computer can't maintain a stable connection to the server. It's fucking bullshit as it worked fine before.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ah well, you're not alone in problems. All of a sudden I'm getting really strange FPS spikes and Warping. I'll be walking along and all of a sudden it looks like the game fast forwards for 2-3 seconds as I speed across the screen. Was fine all along. Dunno what's changed.
  • Probably worth checking the D3 EU Support threads, I know they adressed some kind of server issue which resulted in high latency problems and AFAIK they are still looking into them. Don't quote me on that but they tend to periodically update their boards with info.
  • The said they were investigating my problem when the thread was created eight days ago. Four pages and no updates since.
  • Pretty sucky
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Ah well, you're not alone in problems. All of a sudden I'm getting really strange FPS spikes and Warping. I'll be walking along and all of a sudden it looks like the game fast forwards for 2-3 seconds as I speed across the screen. Was fine all along. Dunno what's changed.

I'm getting this...  i keep skipping forwards or backwards a second or so..  its most disconcerting.  I know its not my connection as thats solid.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    I was getting the same a couple of times, I just logged out and logged back in and it sorted it out for a good while. This was at 2am too.

Managed to get from lvl 10 to halfway through 17 in a couple of hours yesterday. Thanks to whoever mentioned about the cheap rare items on the AH. Can't remember exactly now but I'm at about 177 DPS, for level 17 I guess that ain't bad.
  • HAHA, twink.
  • Managed to level up to lv37 there before being booted out of the game.

Great game.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Starting to swap out some of my INT for VIT now. I was sitting at 620 DPS but I'm now back to 490. It's amazing how much the game has changed after going up one difficulty level. It was all about zerking on Normal, now I've had to actually use Armour Spells and plan my approach on Champion packs. Loving it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I blame the game for this, but i've gone so long with a level 21 ideal level axe as my weapon I went on the AH and got myself a nice rare spear with big vit and int bonuses. Plus added in one of my many Perfect Rubys to up the damage even more.

Dps is sitting at 867.49 with 7.5k health. If I get the maximum five stacks when using Soul Harvest the DPS boosts to just over 1.4k
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    My numbers are large and girthy.

Not as big as this guys though. (actual WHOA at 0:50)

• What level is that? I'm 37 with 502 deeps without any buffs.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I be level 41 now ma mon.
  • I need better gear then.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nice Barb vid. Has me tempted to roll one now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!