Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This does look aces. Although;
    Chief wrote:
    I'm really interested in a Batman game without The Joker. Let's see if Rocksteady has the stones to follow through with it.

I highly doubt that the Joker won't put in an appearance.
  • three1ne wrote:
    My reason for next gen me thinks.

Yes, me too.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I really enjoyed Asylum and played to the finish on my fifth go after a friend persuaded me to stick with it. Really found it a slog to begin with. I'm having a similar problem with City. Started it again last night, having tried at least three times previously. I'm just not enjoying it at the moment; feels like work. I've only been playing for about an hour and have just rescued a doctor.
  • Which element(s) of it are you finding a slog?
  • I think I'm bored of the combat. It's Asylum again with no innovation, or at least none that I can tell. I'm not 100% sure why I'm so disappointed with it, I'm just not enjoying it. I'm struggling to get on with The Last of Us too. I'm finding that very boring.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Don't force yourself, there are plenty of other games out there. You can always come back to them later on if you get the urge.
  • Stop playing them then mate.

They're great games and I enjoyed them but if your not having fun then they're simply not for you.

Lifes to short to waste slogging though a video game. Video games are meant to be fun, play something you enjoy instead.

We shouldn't feel obligated to play game X just because of rave reviews.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I agree with the above two comments. If you've played through Asylum and the combat's just not doing it for you any more, give it a break. Maybe you'll feel different coming back afresh in a few months.
  • batmobile0307-610.jpg
    batmobile0307-610c.jpg

Look at the sheer sexiness of the thing! Look at those bitchin lines! Got a bit of a tumbler vibe but's doing its own thing too.

Given how well they nailed Batman himself, Rocksteady's aim to "make the best car in any game ever" isn't something i'd put past them at all.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Regarding the combat in city v asylum - there's loads more you can do in city but I guess the thing is you dont have to vary up your technique to win through the game. Simply knowing what works against what bad guy is enough. But if you put the time in every fight can be cleared without breaking your combo and using lots of different gadgets to max it out. Love it myself personally.

City feels a bit disorganised when you first play it but I thought it was the tighter game overall and mastering gliding is great fun. But if it aint clicking, it aint clicking.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Look at those bitchin lines! Got a bit of a tumbler vibe but's doing its own thing too.

It's pretty much a tumbler crossed with a Pagani Zonda.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    I'm struggling to get on with The Last of Us too. I'm finding that very boring.

I was the same. According to someone on here (I forget who), we should hang our heads in shame and give up gaming :D
  • I struggled with it as well. The opening gambit was incredible after that it just felt very dull.
  • I've not even bothered trying it yet 'cause it looks like a lot of tedious bits to push through for the good ones.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    This does look aces. Although;
    Chief wrote:
    I'm really interested in a Batman game without The Joker. Let's see if Rocksteady has the stones to follow through with it.
    I highly doubt that the Joker won't put in an appearance.
    Maybe. That AC ending left little doubt, but I guess we'll see.
  • Villians create chaos to distract Bats from their attempts to revive the Joker.
    Summin like that I reckon.
  • There's a video interview on GI with RS  ruling out the Joker returning, but say his death is the fulcrum for what's going on. I'd be disappointed if he does come back - would cheapen AC's ending. Plus, Hamil retired I think.

Really like the sound of the story from what they've said so far. Sounds like a suitably epic finale - Batman's last stand etc.
  • I'm frothing at the helmet for this.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Minor updates from GI:
    You can see interiors of buildings as you fly past, and you can actually see inside, through windows, into some of the buildings,” says studio director Jamie Walker. “And I think for me, that’s an amazing feeling of being lifelike, and it’s definitely something that we’re doing here. You go by and you see in and you say, ‘Oh, that’s really cool,’ and then you can go in as well, which again makes it very believable and authentic.” If Batman heads into Oracle’s clock tower headquarters while a riot is happening outside, for instance, you’ll be able to hear the gunshots and other ambient noises, and even spot the participants using his detective vision. That kind of fluidity between interior and exterior sections wouldn’t have been possible on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, Rocksteady says.
    Sounds amazing. 

Batmobilelights610.jpg
  • Surely the interiors is, and always has been, a time issue. I can only see certain buildings having interiors. Hopefully it's handled in a way that doesnt make it jarring.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Gorgeous new shots…

xH8Kb6e.jpgW0vgQek.jpg
    WaYfXPa.jpg
    1iYmBvA.jpg
    0O0H9fW.jpg
    SNqVLlc.jpg
    TmVHFhS.jpg

1394834340-batman2.jpg
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    This looks like it could be epic.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • CG vs in game:

Arkham+Knight+2.jpg
    0O0H9fW.jpg

Sulky, sulky Batman.
  • Jesus, those are some pretty graphics.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm totally angry! POW!

Actually, why isn't there the option, upon completion, to run through with Adam West style music and combat gags. I'd play that for sure.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Count me in for that too. Even give the characters different skins to camp them up a bit.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Aye, there was an Adam West skin for Origins but I needed to complete the game first before getting it. Wasn't really in the mood to play that one again.
  • Subbax wrote:
    I'm totally angry! POW! Actually, why isn't there the option, upon completion, to run through with Adam West style music and combat gags. I'd play that for sure.

Fuck it, I'd pay for that as a dlc option. Great idea and would be hilarious in the combat rooms (I had a tendency to pick animated batman in those because it gave things a surreal feel)

Minor niggle (and I'll be happy to be proven wrong) but the scene of the batmobile smashing the crap out of cars is wonderfully reminiscent of Burnout but the shot of Batman gliding doesnt give the impression of much road to actually race on. Yes theres lots of roads but it all looks very tight - kinda like Dublin.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Few more pics surfaced today, including the Arkham Knight himself…

ArkhamKnight_render1.jpg
    baksshot057jpg-0a5965_640w.jpg
    baksshot058jpg-e31ee2_640w.jpg
    baksshot056announcejpg-e31ee0_640w.jpg
    baksshot056jpg-0a5964_640w.jpg
    jumpshot.jpg
  • Gamgertag: JRPC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!