Hey Bats, go easy on him hmmm? For me?
  • Batman Arkham Knight coming out. PS4, XOne and PC only.

Really wasn't expecting next gen only. And releasing this year too!

Really pleased its Rocksteady's last one. Will be one of the great gaming trilogies if they can pull it off one more time.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • It may be the slightly bitter taste from Arkham Origins but I really dont like the redesign on the characters. It looks more like Origins design style than City or Asylum (Nolan-movie inspired I felt). Harley looks frankly bizarre and 2-face and Bruce look... off. Hopefully playwise its a return to form. Could be the title that takes me to the next gen (or a big gamey pc :) )  
    SFV - reddave360
  • Since the first Arkham game I've wanted a full open-world Gotham with Batmobile and all the rest of it. City was not that game. It was really a bit too structured and linear for what I wanted.

This could be the Batman game I've been waiting for. But yeah not keen on the art direction. I want these games to be more comic booky, not less.
  • Absolutely agree with the comic book feel but its also if it is meant to be the end of a trilogy, there should be some consistency in the art design. Maybe they felt the need to grab in more of the movie fans or needed to show off super graphics but I still feel like its not quite part of the Arkham world (at least for the moment)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Sure sure, but it's a CG trailer right? If you look at some of the old ones they were pretty stylistically different from the actual game.

Can't wait to see what it looks like. Proper next gen and everything!
  • Take my money, I cant wait to see some in game footage for this.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • Has there been any mention of what the structure's going to be like? As in, Asylum was Metroid and City was Zelda.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Fucking sick of prerendered tell nothing shite for mainstream media.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • AJ wrote:
    Has there been any mention of what the structure's going to be like? As in, Asylum was Metroid and City was Zelda.

Knight is GTA!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Has there been any mention of what the structure's going to be like? As in, Asylum was Metroid and City was Zelda.

Knight is GTA!

Thumbs up from me.
  • Sounds like that's scarecrow there at the beginning telling everyone to get out of Gotham, so no citizens again I guess.

Actually, I'm all for that. It's the Arkham way.
  • This year. Booyakashaa
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • My reason for next gen me thinks.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I'm really interested in a Batman game without The Joker. Let's see if Rocksteady has the stones to follow through with it.
  • I like how this follows on from the scarecrow easter egg in city in the same manner that AC followed on from the easter egg in Asylum. Its a nice touch and shows that there is a general overall plan from the developers. Hope we see the conclusion to the Hush / Azrael plots too.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yep, going next gen for this.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Batman Arkham Knight coming out. PS4, XOne and PC only.
    Really wasn't expecting next gen only. And releasing this year too!
    Aye & another notch goes on the next gen belt, this year will be the year of buckle ;) for me I feel. XOne is looking to take me cash first over PS4 if Titanfall ticks the boxes.
    JRPC wrote:
    Will be one of the great gaming trilogies if they can pull it off one more time.

Aye, 3 for 3 would be very impressive.
  • JRPC wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Knight is GTA!

So long as they don't start copying all the bad bits, that shouldn't be too bad.

Glad I've got a PC that can run decent games now, I won't be looking at buying a next gen console for ages.
  • Off topic I know, but what spec PC do you have AJ? I'm unsure if I want to go the route of another console and am toying with spending the cash on a decent PC to hook into a telly. I know theres a thread for this stuff but I'm curious as to whats a good starting point in terms of power
    SFV - reddave360
  • So I'm collecting some info and will update the OP when I've the time (there's loads of info out there already)!

All sounds genuinely amazing. 

For now…

WITNESS! 

2d91fmr.jpg

VjvrwdB.jpg
  • OP updated with loads of details.

Here's some scans from the GI article.

49Y1X6w.jpg
    3LEVJqQ.png
    3giaVjV.png
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Off topic I know, but what spec PC do you have AJ? I'm unsure if I want to go the route of another console and am toying with spending the cash on a decent PC to hook into a telly. I know theres a thread for this stuff but I'm curious as to whats a good starting point in terms of power

No idea what's worthwhile or a decent starting point, but I've got a laptop with a low voltage i7 and a GeForce 750m.
  • Those screens are looking rather purdy.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'll be getting mega hyped as per usual in the run up to October.

It's all CG so hoping for some similarity to the older style but I honestly won't hold it against them. Is this following on from Origins? Bats looks younger than Asylum, I think.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • No, set a year after city. Big finale to rock steadys trilogy.

See the op for more info.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Ah, that's interesting then.

Edit - Even more interesting after reading the OP!  Is this demo something us peons are getting later?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I wouldn't buy a new console for this, but it's the first game on the horizon I'd buy if I already owned one.  I did enjoy the two I played - I think I forgot about AA when we did our top tens this/last gen actually.  The first pang of jealousy has been felt.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's not out till October? This might just push me. Hopefully there'll be more out there worth it too. I imagine this will be played for a good while.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Aye - this might be my tipping point for going next gen BATMOBILEOMG!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!