Hey Bats, go easy on him hmmm? For me?
  • Damn it, was hoping this was going to be distinctly average so I could pass it up and save the money.

Seems like based off that review I will have to buy it now! Let's see what happens when the embargo is lifted and everyone else chimes in with their reviews.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • So worst when it is a Friday release.

Review is what I expected, I imagine most will either accept that it is a massive DLC over a new game or will slate it for it.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Got this on GMG for £22.50. Preloaded a couple hours ago and it's up to play now, gonna start it up.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Seems videogamer.com were denied a review copy and so ordered it, as such they have no embargo to break and have posted the first review http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/batman_arkham_origins_review.html

Ive heard WB are big on denying review copies for people who have criticised them in the past. Even for minor things. Might be a regional issue, but I know Australian WB reviews are denied to a few sites.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • 7/10 on Eurogamer.  BOOOOOO!
  • Eh, I'll wait and grab it for £20 just after XmasXmas
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 7/10 is a decent score. We knew this wasn't going to be mind blowing.
  • Eh, I'll wait and grab it for £20 just after XmasXmas

Might put it on my Christmas list, should be a good price by then.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Think I'll just go back and do some more of City.
  • Still haven't played city , but loved asylum . Gotta get around to playing it. Maybe that's a good reason not to buy a new console but i can't help myself
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • AJ wrote:
    7/10 is a decent score. We knew this wasn't going to be mind blowing.

Disappointing, but the review reads like a strong 7 at least.

A few people on Gaf are placing it at the top of the 3, so we'll see I guess.

Gameinformer 8.5.

No EDGE review up. Typical.

Edit: Its all this talk of a lifeless Gotham that bothers me. I totally bought into the walled-off city of AC and it felt like a real place. Is there even an explanation for being no civies?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Numbers are pretty irrelevant anyway, it's all to to with the words.

Also: I'm not a fan of your multi-line sig. ;)
  • JRPC wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    7/10 is a decent score. We knew this wasn't going to be mind blowing.
    Disappointing, but the review reads like a strong 7 at least. A few people on Gaf are placing it at the top of the 3, so we'll see I guess. Gameinformer 8.5. No EDGE review up. Typical. Edit: Its all this talk of a lifeless Gotham that bothers me. I totally bought into the walled-off city of AC and it felt like a real place. Is there even an explanation for being no civies?

They tweeted today, they've only just received their review code...
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • AJ wrote:
    Numbers are pretty irrelevant anyway, it's all to to with the words. Also: I'm not a fan of your multi-line sig. ;)

How'd you mean?
  • Heh. TBF, I don't like sigs full stop. Of course, that's not going to stop me using mine for self-promotion, shortly. 'Cause I'm nothing if not a hypocrite.
  • So has anyone actually got it then?
  • monkey wrote:
    I would advise doing some of the side missions along the way to pad out the experience. If you only focus on the main story it can feel a bit short. Plus the side missions are cool.
    Yeah and some of them (well, one of them at least) only appears for a short while so try and do them as and when they pop up.

Cheers for the tips, fellas.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Read on. I was being a dick.
  • JRPC wrote:
    So has anyone actually got it then?

I assume it's Origins Woodmari was talking about...

Woodimari wrote:
    Got this on GMG for £22.50. Preloaded a couple hours ago and it's up to play now, gonna start it up.
  • V2Y0sFp.jpg
  • AJ wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    So has anyone actually got it then?
    I assume it's Origins Woodmari was talking about...
    Woodimari wrote:

Will look forward to some impressions then.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    It is very much more of the same. I won't spoil anything but will say the story sort of explains the emptiness of the city. Had 2 boss fights already and although they have tried a little bit to sort out their "meh"ness it is still a bit "do this 3 times for the kill"

They haven't managed to fuck up any of the great things the other two games did so well. The combat is still as good as it ever was, all the gliding elements are still there and still work great. I can't really say much more, it is basically City with a different story which to me isn't a bad thing but for most would be better if it hit that magic sub £20 mark.

I think if you liked City or Asylum and wanted to play more after it finished, this will hit the spot very nicely.
  • I was audio lead on the multi-player side of the game, e.g. all the guns and environmental audio was made from scratch by me and the rest of the team at SD.  All the Batman audio like his cape was carried over from the previous game.

Looking forward to playing online with people :)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Awesome. Good work Billy, would love to work on a Batman game.
  • Blimey BnBers are stretching their tendrils everywhere. Soon there won't be a part of gaming where we don't have an influence.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I was audio lead on the multi-player side of the game, e.g. all the guns and environmental audio was made from scratch by me and the rest of the team at SD.  All the Batman audio like his cape was carried over from the previous game. Looking forward to playing online with people :)

That's so bloody cool Billy.

Looking forward to giving it a bash.

@Woodimari: any updates on the SP?
  • Billy for coolest member on the forum?

I got it today. Will play it later.

More facts to follow.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    @Billy you know a guy called Steve at SD? He is a mate of mine who also worked on the MP I think.

@JR not yet man but I'm gonna boot it up now for a session.
  • I'm a Steve, there's another Steve at splash too. We could have a Steve chorus :)

We had drinks and cake in the studio to celebrate the release and played online with the public, was great, hugely enjoyable to play with real folk.  Some were kickin our arses, some were still a little green as expected on release day :)

I try not to comment in threads of games I've worked on so much because if you guys just wanna let rip in a good or bad way then that should be fine, and I never have a problem with it.  This is probably all I'll say in here, it's been fun :)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Just come home to find it on doorstep. 

Jog, shower, food, BATMAN!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!