Hey Bats, go easy on him hmmm? For me?
  • What are Rocksteady working on now ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Read a few things where it suggested that it might be a JLA game or a Batman game set in the more classic age of comics with a more stylised look to it. Possibly not even a Batman game. But it seems their next game will be a next-gen only title.

good rumour sauce - what I just typed
    SFV - reddave360
  • I loved the first two. Best games of this gen for me, they really nailed what I wanted from a Batman game.
    The review embargo on this does really ring the alarm bells though.
    I'll definitely be waiting for a review i can trust before buying.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    there was a review embargo on GTA too....that turned out alright.....looking at what they did with the second game from the first, I would say there is a strong chance this is a step forward again, unless they are simply being lazy....
    rest less
  • Different developer this time though. And it looks very similar to City - even down to the snowing (this time its because of it being christmas and not mr freeze though)

Still, looks worthy.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Just watched a 17min gameplay thingy on gametrailers - looks pretty much exactly the same as City, this is not a bad thing but doesnt bode well for any 'new' stuff, still another trip to Gotham would be appreciated.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Different developer this time though. And it looks very similar to City - even down to the snowing (this time its because of it being christmas and not mr freeze though) Still, looks worthy.

Was that a thing? I missed that completely.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The number of times I heard guards say "Freeze has got the city locked down tight..." I tell thee
  • It's more implied than straight out said so. I could be reading too much into the conversations between the convicts but after playing through it about 4 times...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Watched the 17 min vid.

Don't like:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Do like:
    Spoiler:
    Minor points, I know.
  • Loved Asylum. To my shame, I've still got Arkham City sat on m'HDD and haven't touched it at all.

Suppose I should get a shuffle on...
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • It leaked a couple days ago and there are videos and spoilers about.

Early word seems positive though. More of the same, but they don't seem to have broken it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Despite their quality, the first two nose-dived in price. I fully expect this to do the same.
  • New ingame trailer

• I might try and hold out until I'm off for xmas break to play this.
  • Anyone else playing One Finger Death Punch?

Combat kinda reminds me of Arkham. Actually, they could learn a fair bit from that little indie game.
  • I'm finding the lack of advertising everywhere to be slightly refreshing.  I really have little idea of what will happen in the game, but I can be confident it will be good.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I preferred Asylum over City but this feels too soon. I'll wait for the reviews.
  • Play them both again and I think you'll find city is better  :)

Actually, its nice that they both give a (slightly) different experience, but I honestly feel that City is the better game. 

Also, I think 2 years is a long enough gap. Bring it (as master wayne might say)
    SFV - reddave360
  • So, started City last night/this morning. Got up to the bit where I'm looking for old Freezer Face.

Seems very tight so far. Basically Asylum++, which I'm not averse to at all. So yeah, I probably should have mounted this particular horse some while back.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I would advise doing some of the side missions along the way to pad out the experience. If you only focus on the main story it can feel a bit short.
    Plus the side missions are cool.
  • When are the reviews due for this? Its out tomorrow right?

I enjoyed the first two, Asylum more than City but I'm still very interested in this new one.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I would advise doing some of the side missions along the way to pad out the experience. If you only focus on the main story it can feel a bit short. Plus the side missions are cool.
    Yeah and some of them (well, one of them at least) only appears for a short while so try and do them as and when they pop up.
  • Seems videogamer.com were denied a review copy and so ordered it, as such they have no embargo to break and have posted the first review

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/batman_arkham_origins_review.html
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • So, as expected, then.
  • monkey wrote:
    I would advise doing some of the side missions along the way to pad out the experience. If you only focus on the main story it can feel a bit short. Plus the side missions are cool.
    Yeah and some of them (well, one of them at least) only appears for a short while so try and do them as and when they pop up.

You sure? I think you may be mistaken there. Although correct me if I'm wrong. After numerous playthroughs I would recommend you plow through as many side missions as you get xp which gets you new skills quicker.

One other thing to remember with City is that when you finish the game you get to play new game + which is  a little harder but allows you to carry over your skills and gadgets which makes getting as much from the normal mode somewhat of a helping hand.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I looked it up and I am mistaken. I'll spoiler what I thought it was for Jaco's benefit.
    Spoiler:
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Seems videogamer.com were denied a review copy and so ordered it, as such they have no embargo to break and have posted the first review http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/batman_arkham_origins_review.html

Cool, I will be getting this then.
  • Review sounds about right.

Was getting myself all excited till I noticed my amazon preorder was only dispatched today with and estimate of the 29!?

Fuuuuuuuck.
  • Amazon aren't so hot on delivery anymore it would seem.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!