Hey Bats, go easy on him hmmm? For me?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I couldn't actually see your (or anyone else's) scores after accepting your request, but I'm looking forward to reclaiming whatever needs reclaiming.
  • oops, wrong thread.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Still need to play the first one before I'll get to the second. Ain't easy to find a non classic copy for the xbox though.
  • Definitely go for the first one. It's held up its value pretty well in the pre-owned sections from what I can see but it's very much worth the cash.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Definitely go for the first one. It's held up its value pretty well in the pre-owned sections from what I can see but it's very much worth the cash.

I agree. I've just finished AA after playing City first and whilst it's certainly very very good, I think Rocksteady improved the fighting, gliding and gear mechanics for the second game. I found myself trying to do stuff in AA (like glide then Batclaw up onto stuff) that I could in City, but couldn't as it was implemented ever so slightly differently. I also thought the Predator rooms were better in City. 

Two great main stories though.
  • New trailer below, sorry completely borked that....

Also, spoilers if you haven't yet played AC.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    If anyone is interested the latest episode (211) of the Smodcast podcast is the first episode of "The Fat Man on Batman"

http://smodcast.com/channels/smodcast/

Kevin Smith talks to Paul Dini. He talks about the Arkham games specifically at about 1:15:00 but the whole thing is interesting if you're into Bats/Dini's work.
  • I've just properly started City after getting it for xmas and neglecting it for a serious Dark Souls jones.  Man, it's good.  Like proper, I'm ACTUALLY BATMAN good.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Only got the Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin challenges to do on this for the full 1250G. The Harley Quinn DLC looks so much more fun than those grinding challenges, looking forward to do this.

Co-op challenges would be amazing. Batman/Robin or Catwoman/Nightwing with a mate? Oh, yes.
  • It ought to be Batman/Catwoman and Robin/Nightwing.  Either way it would be awesome.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Not really feeling NG+ on this. I am quite reliant on the visual cues for combat so the flow when it kicks off is stunted for me. The Freeze battle was a ball-ache too, challenging yes, but annoying with it.

Love the challenge rooms though, managed to beat one of Yoss' scores on an Extreme room with 68k. I expect it will fall though as he has put in some serious work on other rooms.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Excite.

Why does it say 'Download starting 29th May'? Starting?

P.s Best game ever.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Quick question, if anyone who knows has a second: I've been thinking about doing new game+ on Arkham City.  If I do that, does it wipe my current normal game?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Who rattled your cage! ;)
  • The Internet, by not being easy enough to find the answer to that question on, if I'm honest.
  • AJ_ wrote:
    Quick question, if anyone who knows has a second: I've been thinking about doing new game+ on Arkham City.  If I do that, does it wipe my current normal game?

Nope, it doesn't.

I was thinking of adding gamer tag lists on the OP for those who are still interested in the leader boards.

Give us a shout if you want in.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • That's good to hear, thanks.

I don't play the combat maps enough to warrant getting on the leader boards, all it'll achieve is an extra name right at the bottom on a handful of maps.  If I do, I'll give you a shout, though.
  • OK so i've slowly start collating GTs and PSN thingys for the OP.

If anyone wants in (or out) let me know.

Had a good sesh last night. Still discovering things I didn't know. Tried shocking a guy already frozen?

@Yoss: Check the boards when you have a sec.

Daddy's home.
  • HARLEY QUINN DROPS TOMORROW!!!!

(sneaky edit)
  • JRPC, add me please. Love the Riddler's challengers. xbox: Johnny Biscuits

Havent read the whole of this yet but Harley Quim doesnt seem to be getting the best write up here
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • three1ne wrote:
    JRPC, add me please. Love the Riddler's challengers. xbox: Johnny Biscuits Havent read the whole of this yet but Harley Quim doesnt seem to be getting the best write up here

Three, I'm 87% sure that I've already added you and 76% sure that you've already accepted.

I'll double check though.

Not a great write-up, no. The GTAIV comparison is interesting. Obviously this is way less than those - which were awesome. Open world games obviously lend themselves to what should be  generous DLC, so it seems a bit funny that this doesn't give you free run of the city.

IGN (yeah, I know) gave it a 9 and GI praised it also, so we'll see.

There's no way I cannot buy it. Got a day off tomorrow so will see soon enough.
  • I finally finished this at the weekend.
    I loved the game but it does take a fair bit of devotion to get the best out of it and the slew of other releases over the same period kept getting in the way.
    I finally managed a combo that went over x42 and then immediately panicked because I had managed to get over 42 and lost it.

I have managed most of the side quests (just the Riddler trophies and the political prisoners left) and I was a little disappointed that most of them seemed to be setting you up for game number 3 in the series.
    I wont be going back through and trying to get all the Riddler trophies as I really don't have the patience to backtrack through all the buildings etc... Never mind working the pesky little buggers out.

Overall a absolutely cracking game and I hope they keep getting better.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Amazed by the lack of fanfare on the marketplace. No mention on new releases, had to find the game and it turned up on the second page of the DLC.

Stoopid.

I've bought the points for this, but given the reviews so far (which mainly criticise value) I may wait for a drop anyway.

You can buy all of Fez for the same amount.
  • So... it was OK. Not on par with any of the proper 'dungeons' from the game itself, which it should have been, but it is more so...

Took maybe 2 hours to do, being thorough with guards and stuff. 

800 its too much for sure. At 400 I would've bought a few 'episodes' like this, but wouldn't pay so much for another of these. If they'd allow us to take Robin into the streets, that would have been one thing.

It certainly doesn't feel like a concrete ending either so dunno maybe there's more planned? Hope so. This would leave a slight sour taste after the game itself.
  • Cheers JRPC

I will avoid I think.

I loved both the batman games, wrapped myself up in them like a DC duvet, but I don't think I want to go back in unless it's worth while. I like exploring the lore and it doesn't sound like the DLC adds to that aspect of the game.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    so whats the skinny?
    is it like playing 1 building from the main game or like extended danger rooms?
    does it also add in some new danger rooms for either of the charecters?
    (batman, catwoman, robin, the other 1) (i has them all).
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • daviedigi wrote:
    so whats the skinny? is it like playing 1 building from the main game or like extended danger rooms? does it also add in some new danger rooms for either of the charecters? (batman, catwoman, robin, the other 1) (i has them all).

It's a building from the game, but I think it's a new area of it. There's certainly new bits to it at least and one particularly great predator area.

Its really a few cut-scenes, a few fights and a few predator bits. Then it ends.

There's no added challenge room stuff. Neither is there a new-game+ option for it :(

Feels like a set up for the future story.

It's great stuff! Just a little pricey is all.

Also, where the hell is Yoss? Soon as I beat his bloody scores and he's dropped off the grid!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    ah thanks, il get it when its cheap on plus.
    wanted/hoped for just a bit more from it.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Started this on Thursday lunchtime, finished it last night and spent today doing side quests.

Loved it.  Would maybe have liked to have seen it be a little longer since I'm not particularly interested in challenge rooms but tbh it's fine the way it is.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!