Hey Bats, go easy on him hmmm? For me?
  • I love this but I hate that I need to complete all the Campaign challenges as well for the 100%. Surely the fact I've gotten 3 medals on all the predator/ combat maps should be enough. Although I actually havent. But you get my point.

Must pick up the Harley add on - I know it's short and not great but I need more Batman! Seriously considering buying Asylum again and going through it again. Nom.
    SFV - reddave360
  • You could
    RedDave2 wrote:
    I love this but I hate that I need to complete all the Campaign challenges as well for the 100%.
    There's an easy solution to that: don't worry about getting 100%.
  • Want

1339439814.jpg
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Ohhh. What..actually is it? New DLC?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • A model of a riddler trophy.

In other Batman news I am playing Lego Batman 2. Never played a Lego game this gen, but it is quite fun.
  • Tempy wrote:
    A model of a riddler trophy. In other Batman news I am playing Lego Batman 2. Never played a Lego game this gen, but it is quite fun.

Its the first thats temped me too.

Downloaded the demo, but dont think it does it justice. 

It looks a lot of fun. I fancy something that doesn't involve shooting people in the face as a pallette cleanser. Will probably wait for a price drop though.
  • I'll spoil this just in case.  It's about one of the Riddler things.
    Spoiler:
  • How much of the ? can you see, it's a case of finding the best vantage point and lining up both elements.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    How much of the ? can you see, it's a case of finding the best vantage point and lining up both elements.

Ah right.  It's missing the dot which I think I know where it is.

I read through the thread on the blu-rum last night.  I agree with whoever it was that said that the Riddles aren't as well implemented in this game.  The vast majority of them I've found without hearing the riddle first.  If anything looks out of the ordinary I scan it and often find it's the answer.  eg
    Spoiler:
  • The problem of having a more open world I guess.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    How much of the ? can you see, it's a case of finding the best vantage point and lining up both elements.
    Ah right.  It's missing the dot which I think I know where it is. I read through the thread on the blu-rum last night.  I agree with whoever it was that said that the Riddles aren't as well implemented in this game.  The vast majority of them I've found without hearing the riddle first.  If anything looks out of the ordinary I scan it and often find it's the answer.  eg
    Spoiler:

I found this to be the case with first one too. What AC has over AA are the numerous and lovely little physical puzzles, some of which are really quite devious and well thought out.

Overall I much prefer the riddler stuff in this one.
  • At the start you'll be solving riddles like crazy but as you get down to the last few you get to pay attention more. Hunting the last few was a genuine highlight for me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Downloaded and finished the Harley level. Wasnt as bad as I expected from some of the reviews. Sure, it's more of a small side mission and it could have done with some riddles to help pad it out but I enjoyed it, and it was fun using Robin.

Pretty much done with this now. Still have some of the Riddler revenges to do but I'm not sure I have the heart for it at the moment. Also 2 other achivements left - perfect combo and the calender man one. Might take a break and pick up Asylum again in a few months to get back into it. Cant wait for the third one (assuming the focus will be on Hush and Azrael)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    That Fatman on Batman podcast has a really good 2 part interview with Mark Hamill if anyone has yet to subscribe.

Did not know Tim Curry did 6 episodes the animated series as The Joker and they re-dubbed them with Hamill.
  • So this is exciting.

The next game will be a Justice League prequel detailing Bat's first dealing with the Joker.

It will be next gen with a provisional 2014 date attached.

So basically an adult Lego Batman then?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I am okay with this. I REALLY LIKED Arkham City. It was just so bloody short. Please GTA it up a bit more (sidequests etc)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh, and I don't mean Riddler trophies because fuck them.
  • Time to unleash the Batmobile and Batwing I reck. In fact just rework Ocean's movie version into one open setting.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Oh, and I don't mean Riddler trophies because fuck them.

Ah no way! The riddler side quests are awesome.

I actually thought Arkham City was the perfect size for a sandbox game. You have the main story, the AR missions, the riddler trophies which is anything from visual identification to puzzles to physical challenges. Then there were the other side plot missions - the identity thief killer, Dead shot etc. Then there is the catwoman stuff and the riddles and swag retrieving for her along with the Harley add-on. Then you get the new game plus to allow you to get all the trophies etc.

A few side missions for after the main plot ends would have been nice but I thought it was head and shoulders over GTA or RDR where a lot of the sand box time is spent doing many of the same things over and over and basically just traveling from point A to point B.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Really would prefer just a 3rd Batman game. Im not big on superpower superheroes.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I wouldn't want the game to be any longer to be honest, like RedDave2 said it was perfect length wise.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I really liked it. I did. I just thought the main story was way too quick.
  • But that's how i like it these days. Give me a great, dense 8-10hr campaign and then loads of extras to do. 

I've played masses of AC. New Game+, the challenge rooms (leaderboards) the riddler stuff (still not finished) and just messing around in the city.
  • Yup, another 8-10 hours, with side quests on top will suit me fine. Rocksteady hit gold with the Arkham games, the last thing they should do is add bollocks like vehicles.

The only reason I'm open to this faggoty 60s rubbish is that it won't taint the first two games. By all means Rocksteady, go and toy around for a bit, then give us another kick ass Arkham game in a four years time.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Did you know four people screen tested for the '66 Batman?

• Finished this a few weeks ago after a very long time away. Really enjoyed it, more side quests for sure. I settled down to finish the Riddler shiz(as I really enjoyed getting them all in AA) only to find out there is 400! Fuck that! 400 is a tad OTT.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I got the lot. I really am a sad bastard.
  • Got 'em all too. It was fun and really doesn't take that long.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I tried the demo of this because it was there. Seemed remarkably frictionless to do, well, everything.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I played the first 20 minutes the other night and for some reason it isn't grabbing me at all. Perhaps I'd built it up in my head too much.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!