The Moving House Thread
  • Sounds great Tempy :) sounds like a really positive move for you both (and for Daisy)

Makes me happy to hear
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 88Q0Zdh.jpeg

Just silly.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's the next level of JonB's game.
  • Hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Looks lovely Face.
    Who's the picture of?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • You definitely need a bigger telly.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lovely place, but yes your TV looks like 

• Looks lovely Face. Who's the picture of?
    Random bit of street art in Paris somewhere. No idea who it is. Missus took it on our trip in 08, got it blown up on canvas.
    poprock wrote:
    You definitely need a bigger telly.

That's the TV that came with the place, downstairs. Our big TV is upstairs in the more comfortable lunge. 

Again, this house is fucking silly.
  • The downstairs Tv will be basically unused. I have dusted off my chromecast audio and plugged it into the amp. Nice built in speakers in the ceiling.
  • Looks fantastic, Face.
  • Aussie stock when?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The stubbies are on Face
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Good luck in the new pad Face. In other news I ran out of paint. Yn7HipV.jpg

Loving the cornicing.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 20230319-140736.jpg

This is the progress made on my lounge, apparently I have a thing for wicker/rattan. Gonna paint the walls a nice teracotta shade and have also ordered 4 big houseplants. I'm finding this interior design thing quite fun actually! Got my eye on a charcoal grey IKEA sofa...
  • Also need as big a TV as I can get to sit on the TV unit :D

The Johnny Silverhand figurine is probably going to have to go elsewhere...
  • Nice pad face. Where's the StS office? 

And good luck Tempy. It's good to move about.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • So i've moved, and it's a mixed bag. Don't get as much for you buck in the Midlands compared to Glasgow. Bit chilly too. But the worst part is the next door neighbour. He's elderly, two hearing aids, and I can hear his TV through the wall in the living room and the office all day, every day. It's already starting to give me the dread

So I went to speak to him. Lovely guy, chatted with me and Evey for about 15 minutes and we asked him if he could just be conscious of the noise and turn it down. So he did, but then the last two days it's been right back up.I am sitting here typing this on a mechanical keyboard and I can hear BBC whatever rattling on in the background like someone taking a sharp nail to my ear drum. Not sure what the next steps art, cos I hate the idea of moving in and instantly making this guy's life a little worse, but my head's ready to burst after a week.
  • Buy him some headphones.
  • Also buy yourself some headphones?
  • I wear headphones pretty much the whole working day - and even that doesn't quite drown it out - but when I'm eating or just chatting with Evey I don't particularly want to be getting the blow by blow of the cricket or the One Show warbling away through the walls.
  • Not much you can do other than try and engage with him and reasonably explain the impact it's having. You really don't want to go down the route of falling out with a neighbour, especially if this is down to his age related hearing issues. You'll always be seen as "the bad guy".

It's hard mate but you're a smart, articulate guy with excellent communication skills, I'm sure you'll be able to solve this peacefully.

If not, post a bag of bees through his door.
  • My Dad is deaf as a post these days and I bought him some headphones for the tv and he loves them. And are there relatives of his you could speak to?
  • ZMM wrote:
    20230319-140736.jpg This is the progress made on my lounge, apparently I have a thing for wicker/rattan. Gonna paint the walls a nice teracotta shade and have also ordered 4 big houseplants. I'm finding this interior design thing quite fun actually! Got my eye on a charcoal grey IKEA sofa...

That is quite the collection. You should buy a massive wicker thing to store them all in.
  • Maybe a man shaped one?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I mean it’s worth pointing out that I feel for you Tempy, it’s a shitty situation which would drive me mad too. Sorry
  • Well the guy has dementia - not sure how strong it is, but he's forgotten who I am each time I visit him, and has forgotten to put in one, or both, of his hearing aids on subsequent visits. Which explains the insane TV volume. Last night it was awful, I just got head down and did overtime til sleep, so I could have enough to distract me. 

There's no real way forward unless we can catch a family member or carer. Thankfully the property manager for the landlord has also spoken to our Landlords and they're amenable to letting us break contract and move elsewhere. He has a nearby three bed that's next to a family our age, with dogs, which is up for rent in mid/late May. A ridiculous proposition to move so early, but there seems little choice.
  • Go for the move Tempy.

You have my sympathies, my neighbour is similar but perhaps not quite as bad.
    I spent two grand on a soundproof wall, obviously not an option if renting, or dont want to spend thousands on a bloody wall.

I found I was just going to bed early with earplugs in because I couldn't enjoy doing anything else.
  • I put it down to deafness and males of a certain age thinking bass is the be all and end of all of sound quality.
  • shit, it isn't?? *sends back subwoofer used to emphasise Eastenders theme intro*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!