Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Toggles split the player base, and designing sets of maps around sprint on/off means creating two sets of maps.

They seem to have found a happy medium here by making sprint not much faster than just walking.

I still believe there should be scope for experimentation and improvement of the gameplay loop while still giving the 'purists' what they want? Giving the players options in MP has always been a Halo hallmark and 343 shouldn't change that.

They’ve added grappling hooks alongside other actually useful equipment. That’s a big evolution to the sandbox.
  • Bxr was the name, there was also the rrxyy for double splurt BR fire. That was next level tho.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Bxr was the name, there was also the rrxyy for double splurt BR fire. That was next level tho.

You got me with it a few times. BxR was cool.

did people not watch the video re sprint? Seems to be a lot of people asking questions already answered by my t shirt.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I think the video (the one Nexx posted right?) actually prompted some of the responses along the lines of’ ‘so if it’s now so slow as to be barely distinguishable from base movement speed what is the point of it’. And the point of it seems to be to enable slide which definitely does sling you round the map faster if you get to grips with the way map geometry and slide relate. The good thing about that approach is you can engage in combat in slide but the bad thing is it potentially necessitates stretching out the maps.

I do think they’re basically just following other games’ movement mechanics rather than really understanding how Halo movement works. When 5 released advanced movement was all the rage. Nowadays we just have sprint and slide in games like Apex and COD and hey presto we’ve got that in Infinite.

One small thing. Proper Halo ADS on the BR is back! The H5 BR never felt like it was actually a BR but I imagine this one will. Very exciting.
    GT: Knight640
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    DF have done a special direct on this and they raised a point which I completely failed to think about: everyone’s praising the quality of the bots in the MP, which suggests that we could see something a bit special in the AI in the campaign.

• It's weird how little AI has been utilized for NPCs. It would be quite fitting if Halo held the crown again.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Starting to wonder if this might be the killer Halo package I assumed was a thing of the past.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Starting to wonder if this might be the killer Halo package I assumed was a thing of the past.
    Me too
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • My competitive days are over but I'm about ready for another campaign and will enjoy blasting bots away in my own custom private games.

Should probably think about getting an xbox at some point.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Don’t need to be competitive, just need to fill a lobby with badgers.
  • If there are real people involved I will be competitive.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My experience of Halo with badgers is that people are too busy laughing to get too competitive.
  • That'd be Dubs laughing as he merks. Bastard. Halo was more fun before he turned up.

(Love u dubs)
  • nick_md wrote:
    If there are real people involved I will be competitive.

Mario Golfgate was an eye opener.
  • Can't remember who won that, probably you? I reckon I'd take it next time.
  • Can't remember volunteering to take my go and shanking it into the rough at half power eh?
  • Ahaha, iirc you passed the pad to me, I'm not one to pass up a challenge.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    My experience of Halo with badgers is that people are too busy laughing to get too competitive.

Yeah, I've played with Billy too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It doesn’t affect me personally but dropping campaign co-op from launch seems a mis-step here. Forge is also delayed but I don’t think that’s as big a deal.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Yeh, bit miffed about the co-op delay too.

I wonder what state the game was really in last year?  It must have been in a right mess if, even after 1 year extra time in the oven they've not been able to sort out co-op.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It may be the promise of split screen co-op that has held this back, especially after the graphical upgrades over the past year. Could be it was working a year ago with those graphics. Mayber.
  • It's a shame. Won't impact on me but it would be nice to have the whole package at launch.
  • I genuinely don't understand how they can have a full, complete campaign and the online multiplayer but can't marry the two up? Seems odd to me that the coop is developed separately from the campaign... Did it originally not have coop at all and they're retro actively putting it in?

Forge I can be more understanding of.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The main thing is the launch doesn't repeat the MCC disaster.
    Really its the core MP that has to launch well over everything else. People will come back for the campaign if they want to play co-op. If MP is a mess they will lose that initial surge of players.

Forge I'm alright with delaying as well. Let people find their feet and dream up some ideas that fit what this MP will be. The first few weeks almost certainly would have been people remaking old maps.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I genuinely don't understand how they can have a full, complete campaign and the online multiplayer but can't marry the two up? Seems odd to me that the coop is developed separately from the campaign... Did it originally not have coop at all and they're retro actively putting it in?

Forge I can be more understanding of.

See above: they promised split screen co-op a while back, that’s a whole other thing.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I think they need to consider their messaging. Seem to be some fairly inexperienced people giving estimates. To promise that co-op will launch and then it doesn’t will piss off some people. And, more so, it will add to the story of this being a mess of a project.
  • First I've heard of the co-op drop. Huge kick in the teeth for me, I didn't even try the campaign to V due to lack of co-op. Of the many things Halo has historically done very well at one point or another (local mp, online mp, solo campaign, split screen couch campaign, online campaign) local split screen co-op campaign > all for me.

This might read like a first world problems meme to some but unfinished launches do my head in, and they've even started to plonk major features on the road maps now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!