Red Dead Redemption 2
  • I was half joking tbh, I didn't mind it at all either but I couldn't wait to get some freedom and just start moseying around the world on my horse. It's a fine section, but it has that reputation I think, here at least, for being something you need to get through before you can explore.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Just persevere through the opening snow section :)

I liked the snow section. I don't get the gripes with it. I want to be buried in atmosphere and story early on in a game and I think it did it well. Stick me straight into an open world with no direction or understanding of it like ER does and I'll lose interest very fast. I appreciated how RDR2 starts but that's not the consensus round here iirc.

• It's a brilliant game, my only issues are slightly clunky controls which are still serviceable and at times I felt there didn't need to be as many enemies to kill. It thrills in the tense atmosphere, I think less cannon fodder would've improved it. Honestly though that's just personal preference, it's an unmissable experience.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Definitely too many enemies to shoot. Gunfights should be short, sharp, dangerous things. Fewer enemies that hit harder would have been better, I've said that about the Uncharted and Tomb Raider games too
  • I can imagine that will be my complaint too.

Although I think the clunky controls are probably necessary
  • For me the big change is the ssd drive. This is such a better experience on the series s than the one ever produced.

The controls aren't that bad now that I'm used to them but there's still the odd time were I pull a gun.

Overall loving it to bits. Yes, too many enemies (although I wouldn't necessarily want bullet sponges there either - just smarter) but I think I'll take everything else. The atmosphere is just wonderful.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Definitely too many enemies to shoot. Gunfights should be short, sharp, dangerous things. Fewer enemies that hit harder would have been better, I've said that about the Uncharted and Tomb Raider games too
    Agree with this. It undercuts some of the narrative tension too when they're like "oh no, there's four of them, we're surrounded " when you're regularly mowing down whole battalions of bad guys.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    For me the big change is the ssd drive. This is such a better experience on the series s than the one ever produced.

The controls aren't that bad now that I'm used to them but there's still the odd time were I pull a gun.

Overall loving it to bits. Yes, too many enemies (although I wouldn't necessarily want bullet sponges there either - just smarter) but I think I'll take everything else. The atmosphere is just wonderful.

I'm terms of enemies for me, I would have liked it if there were less of them and they were harder to hit. Your aim is less accurate over distance, and if you're coming under fire yourself, and if you're moving. But, enemies' will to fight drops the more they experience near misses, so if you are peppering them/their cover with shots eventually they will turn tail and run.
  • I liked shooting all the bad guys.
  • The controls are clunky in the sense of, there are a lot and a lot of context sensitive stuff, but it all works. Shooting is quick lock on and enemies going down fast for the most part. The lock-up-headshot is always satisfying. I definitely did some controller mishaps but I don't think it's anywhere as bad as the memes, which I enjoy.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I hate the memes. No fun allowed.

You punched your horse again? Why were you pressing B to get on your horse? Y has been the button to get in your vehicle since GTA3 twenty pissing years ago
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    i pressed B and rode my gun so confusing
  • I never once punched my horse. Even after the footy
  • I never once punched my horse. Even after the footy

Ram, pictured at the game last week.
    article-2475009-18-F50-CBF00000578-325-636x382.jpg
    Gamertag: gremill
  • "I didn't mean to do it, i was trying to get my gun out "
  • First impressions of this are that it’s incredible.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It gets better.
  • Love reading about new folks playing this, regular updates pls, Noxy :)
  • I have hopes that these updates will be good.  Hope you enjoy it.
  • Play it with a headset on code. The sound design is second to none, it realy helps with immersion.

I'll come back to this one day, just got to the city and it's been a wonderful ride so far just concentrating on the story. I'm head over heels with horizon forbidden west at the moment though and it's gripped me.
  • Back in Saint Denis and just found out that
    Spoiler:
    . I found it strangely upsetting - one of the first times i can remember a game having an effect on my emotions the same way that a good TV series or film could.

Anyway, that was quickly followed up by a mission on a hot air balloon that was just superb fun and visually absolutely stunning. Almost caught a king fish too, bit it got away in the end.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I went for all those legendary fish and animals towards the end.  Some of them felt like proper treks and adventures.
  • This is utterly glorious. I love Rockstar’s approach to this; the pace, attention to detail, actually everything about it. And fuck it looks so good! Sometimes I can almost smell these locations, or feel the humidity in the air. What a treat
  • Some of the blue sky they do! Man, it’s bright yet somehow hazy and it just looks so thick with springtime it gets me every time I see it.
  • Another tip Code, don't fast travel, use the cinematic camera and kick back. If there's a particularly rousing bit of music on all the better.
  • As Moot has said there still hasn’t been a next gen game that looks better than this or TLoU2.
  • Yeah this is one of the only games where I basically never used fast travel at all, was happy just trotting to destinations and seeing what happened on the way.

Glad you're enjoying it, Nox.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Trotting around seeing what happens is the game
  • This is unreal. The wind, rain and sludge. Really glad I avoided most of the media when it was released. My only minor gripe is that I don’t seem able to load a wagon full of carcasses, but that’s hardly even worth mentioning.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!