Red Dead Redemption 2
  • This is part of ps plus extra so I've downloaded it to have a wander about. Interested to see how it plays.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    they wanted to milk players for more money like in GTA online

I only really enjoyed that when I glitched money to bypass Shark cards, living up to its theme through an exciting oversight.

Charge more for the game if you like, but don't parody what you've become. Simpsons energy.
  • Just got to chapter 5 and that first 20 minutes was jaw dropping visually. Its also a twist i didn't see coming.
    Spoiler:
    I'm ignoring side stuff at the minute and doing the main plot with cinematic camera on for the journeys and I'm proper loving it. This maybe the first rockstar game I see through to the end.
  • Finally decided to push on and finish this, my last save was 2019 so took a minute to refamilarise myself with the controls.

I'm now on the last mission
    Spoiler:

Overall it's one of the best games I've ever played, and even now it looks incredible on a ps4 Pro.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The epilogue is decent.
  • The epilogue is decent.

Hmm might leave it and come back to it after a little break. Want to get stuck into tinykin
  • The epilogue needs to be done for the full experience I think.

What a fantastic game.
  • Fuck me that ending. Well now I have to do the epilogue
  • I'm at chapter 6. Just got back from
    Spoiler:

How long / how many chapters are left if I just do the main story missions?
  • Chapter 6 is last chapter of the main story, but is still quite long doing just story missions. I reckon it's a good few hours, depending how long you take to do things in between missions (eat, sleep, wash, whatever)
  • Finally pushing towards the end of the main story now, but can't stop myself from getting distracted with hunting and fishing. I also have noticed a real upsurge in me getting attacked by Cougars for some reason. 3 in an hour in on Sunday night! I think it might be my hat that's upsetting them.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I got attacked by cougars every weekend in my youth. Best days of my life.
  • I got attacked by cougars every weekend in my youth. Best days of my life.

Was waiting for this.
  • As I typed that sentence, I was thinking of DS.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Finally pushing towards the end of the main story now, but can't stop myself from getting distracted with hunting and fishing. I also have noticed a real upsurge in me getting attacked by Cougars for some reason. 3 in an hour in on Sunday night! I think it might be my hat that's upsetting them.

It took me some real discipline to just push on with the main missions and ignore all the side stuff. It's such a rich world you could spend forever there.
  • I'm replaying this now and I forgot just how stunning it is.  There have been moments when I've just stopped and looked at the view.  I still think the UI is ridiculous and the challenges make no sense whatsoever.  Also perfect cougar pelts can get fucked.
  • It's still the best looking game out there for me, what an achievement.
  • Went back to this today just to have a ride around and play some poker, realized how much I miss it. Loaded into Valentine, got my bearings, decided to ride to Rhodes, tussled with some campers along the way, arrived at Rhodes to find two guys beating shit out of another so I ended them, cue the law.

Anyway, managed to evade them, paid my bounty then back to Rhodes for some whiskey and poker. Some guy kicks off at me at the bar so it gets ugly, end up knocking him out of the window. Everyone looks down on me there, fuck em.

Took a ride to Blackwater but had to stop to camp as it was getting dark. Started up next morning, helped a woman out who's husband was getting shook down, then ended my session cleaning up at poker in blackwater.

Fantastic game, sometimes I just stopped to take in the scenery. I should probably head back to the farm at some point, the missus will be worried.

I need to start that second playthrough really.

• Everyone in the house has been playing this (except Vicky, who's been enjoying watching it) and loving it. I've started up again and I'm loving just hunting and fishing - going to make a concerted effort to finish the story and I might just restart it's so good. I don't think there's any other game that looks as good as this and still has as much life and content to it. Game of the generation, hands down.
  • Yeah it's my GoaT now I think. I'm in the post-story roaming phase and there's still loads for me to do. Random encounters alone keep it interesting, but I haven't even done any hunting at all really, certainly no legendary beasts, then there's still map icons to head to for character side missions etc. The whole world is just fantastic and I'd agree no other game looks as good to me, current gen included

I hope the do a 3 at some point, imagine what they could do with modern machines.
  • Isn't it current gen? Anyway, the boy has been devastated by the news that R* are highly unlikely to do a sequel. He was hoping for a Dutch origin story.
  • Was launched last gen?

They must make a sequel one day, surely. I'd take a rdr1 remaster.
  • There’ll be a third I reckon. Time has been incredibly kind to this and I’m pretty certain the critical thought is now that it’s Rockstars best game and likely the best game of the previous gen. It still made huge money it’s just that it’s dwarfed next to GTA. So my reckon is that it’s a vanity project for the team - but one that still make trillions of dollars profit.
  • I can actually send your disc back to you if you like as I double dipped and got it on XB a couple of months back to see if the SX gave any improvements. Your ps4 one's never been out of the machine btw, thanks again.
  • They did release a next gen patch I think? So it ran better on series x/ps5.

What an incredible game.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I can actually send your disc back to you if you like as I double dipped and got it on XB a couple of months back to see if the SX gave any improvements. Your ps4 one's never been out of the machine btw, thanks again.

I don’t have anything to play that on any more (went digital on PS5. If anyone wants it then send it on. Thanks though.

• There’ll be a third I reckon. Time has been incredibly kind to this and I’m pretty certain the critical thought is now that it’s Rockstars best game and likely the best game of the previous gen. It still made huge money it’s just that it’s dwarfed next to GTA. So my reckon is that it’s a vanity project for the team - but one that still make trillions of dollars profit.

I'm not convinced there will be. I expect someone's made a graph showing how much more profitable it would be just to throw all their talent at GTA6 online instead.
  • So, after 4 years I've finally 'finished' this game - or at least got up to the first epilogue. Did the final Arthur mission last night and couldn't get to sleep for thinking about it. What a fucking towering achievement in world building, story telling and artistry this game is. I had genuine emotions finishing this last night and for a jaded old git like me, that's really something.
  • Oh, man. I think this is the first game that I've been genuinely in love with.
  • It's the goat. I shed real tears. The epilogue is great too so don't ignore that.

I started a new playthrough a couple of weeks back, just finished the snow part so it's opening up again. Must get back to it. Going to make a serious effort at hunting legendary beasts this time I think. I should really go for the 100% at some point but that's quite daunting.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!