Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and buy Roujcoin now [ROU]
  • Tempy, this guy is spreading FUD, don't listen to him, just hodl.
  • Watching at x1.5 speed, and still have an hour and a half left to go and he's already made the case that it's all a dumb pyramid scheme scam. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

I sat and watched it all through to the end, it's pretty fascinating and he gets genuinely angry at the end and it's great.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Tempy, this guy is spreading FUD, don't listen to him, just hodl.

Diamond hands to the moon. Hfbp.
  • We got thsi hodl hodl!
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • The coordinated ramraiding of crypto mines cannot happen soon enough.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I know enough about NFTs to not really know about NFTs, but if someone buys a monkey or whatever for their Twitpic, there's nothing (but good sense) stopping anyone else from using it?

Your original might be much higher quality, but virtual theft keeps it from ever being shown! Schrod's art.
  • Good post on Reddit the other day:
    NFTs are like everyone doing your wife but it's OK, you've got the papers to prove she's married to you.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You don't buy the image, you buy a token that contains a link to the image. There is nothing to stop anyone reproducing the image and using it.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Good post on Reddit the other day:
    NFTs are like everyone doing your wife but it's OK, you've got the papers to prove she's married to you.

Sexism?

SFV - reddave360
  • Eh?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Just joking, I know you didn't mean it but it this way but kinda read like the wife was a bit of property equivilant.
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, it's a very clumsy analogy.
  • If you’re genuinely curious, watch Dan’s video. It’s a two hour long documentary that’s comprehensive, excruciatingly detailed, long-form investigative journalism that should be required viewing for anyone who even has a passing interest in the tech, ethics, intent of Crypto.
  • I'll need to watch over a couple of days but I'm very interested in experiencing the absolute bodying of this whole mess.
  • It's good content, but there was no way I wasn't watching it at 2x.
  • Here’s another go at slashing it to pieces, by exploring the Tether bubble

https://jacobinmag.com/2022/01/cryptocurrency-scam-blockchain-bitcoin-economy-decentralization
  • Interesting read that Tempy.
    Filled in some blanks.

Of course the Republicans will kick back against any ban because it will hurt their support from the cryptobro, libertarian incels that Trumpy brought on board from non-voter status.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Crypto currency then.

Generating a coin takes resources (hardware as capital + electricity and cooling as revenue) but most costs are sunk and that value is untransferable - the result has no inherent value. You are left with depreciating servers.

A diamond takes resources to find and cut etc. That is sunk too. But you have a diamond in your hand.

Fuck crypto currency. 

Buy and sell some by all means but don't think for a second it's any better than going to the bookie. The forces at play are far too unpredictable and everything is immature and easily distrupted. Presumably this could be modelled at some point - more likely at a macro level. But no-one is going to share that knowledge and like anything in economics - once you find a cause and effect it stops working once you start taking advantage of it. It's also worth bearing in mind that since it is completely synthetic there is a possibility it is being controlled by someone who is profiting by it - ie. whoever started it off.

Gamble by all means but gamble responsibly. Always play where it is safe.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I mean that's very much the short and short and short of it, but there's a lot more to it than that, including the various forces about it, and where those people see the future, and why we have to resist it massively because it is a disaster way beyond losing a bit of money on gambling.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's an interesting proposition. That's for sure. And worth keeping an eye on.

Blockchain technology is interesting. I've looked at how it works. But it could be used for a great many unrelated things and it's unfair it's shackled to crypto-currency in many peoples' eyes.

I'd be a lot more comfortable if crypto was linked to an income generating asset though. I think folk are fascinated with the mechanics of it and that can become a distraction.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The takeaways from Temp's video essay that I hadn't seen expressed entirely so tidely:

- Crypto 'solves' a problem no one was realistically having: the hacking of data streams. It does nothing about idiots and fuckarses putting bad information in there in the first place.
    - Public ledgers can become really fucking dangerous tools of oppression pretty easily. This in particular has important implications for blockchain tech well beyond fake moneys and shitty Pokemon cards.
  • Brooks wrote:
    The takeaways that I hadn't seen expressed entirely so tidely: - Crypto 'solves' a problem no one was realistically having: the hacking of data streams. It does nothing about idiots and fuckarses putting bad information in there in the first place - Public ledgers can become really fucking dangerous tools of oppression pretty easily

Good luck taking stuff off the ledger without massive effort either. Total clown shoes behaviour.
  • It's good to see people catching up to where I was in 2017. If you want a lol, look up smart contracts, Nick Szabo, Ethereum smart contract platform use case, then the DAO idea, and finally the DAO "hack" and how the community reacted to that, and how it was remedied by "white hat" hackers. Whole thing unfolding in real time before my eyes as I was thinking "these code is law /lawyers are friction types have no idea how humans react to injustice, how they treat rules, and their conception of fairness and justice". It was just pure lol
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • It was just pure lol

And still is. Nowt’s moved on much since.
  • Well, more of the world is aware of and laughing at it, that's something.
  • Can’t argue with you there. Always good and satisfying to do a big Nelson ‘HA-HA.’
  • What was Bitcoin worth in 2017?
  • Start of the year, about $1000.
    End of the year, $14,000.
  • I fell asleep during that video :(
  • Well we should have all put in our pensions.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!