Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and buy Roujcoin now [ROU]
  • I should have picked last week's lottery numbers too tbh.
  • Well we should have all put in our pensions.

That assumes at some point you will be able to cash out. If the video and other comments are correct, thats the whole problem with this stuff. At some point there wont be a "greater fool" to sell on to - so on paper as it were it looks like you have an asset but than when you come to sell it, there's no one left to sell to.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Brooks wrote:
    I should have picked last week's lottery numbers too tbh.
    Too bloody right.
  • I appreciate the maker of that video didn’t feel the need to cram jokes into his output. Who knew refreshingly bland could be a thing
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    The takeaways that I hadn't seen expressed entirely so tidely: - Crypto 'solves' a problem no one was realistically having: the hacking of data streams. It d9oes nothing about idiots and fuckarses putting bad information in there in the first place - Public ledgers can become really fucking dangerous tools of oppression pretty easily

Good luck taking stuff off the ledger without massive effort either. Total clown shoes behaviour.

Claims of a chain's immutability are reckless. It"s hard to tamper with though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Really impressed with this video. Quality content
  • Buy now! The only way is up!
    % below 2021 high...
    Terra $LUNA: -49%
    Bitcoin $BTC: -50%
    Binance $BNB: -51%
    Ethereum $ETH: -53%
    Avalanche $AVAX: -64%
    Solana $SOL: -66%
    Crypto. com $CRO: -67%
    Cardano $ADA: -70%
    Polkadot $DOT: -71%
    XRP $XRP: -72%
    Chainlink $LINK: -73%
    Shiba Inu $SHIB: -76%
    Dogecoin $DOGE: -84%
    https://twitter.com/charliebilello/status/1485317295228522500?s=21
  • If anyones holding any of this bastard stuff, I’d divest now and cut losses.
  • Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel!!!
  • I’ve seen a lot of smug bros on Twitter bragging about how they sold all their crypto in the past couple of weeks.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Like with any gambler you only hear about the wins.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sorry guys I won on ETH. I mean not like a stupid amount but I made a grand and sold it. Still got my XRP that is worth half it was last week but still double what I paid. I always figured this was put in what you can afford and get lucky.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Like with any gambler you only hear about the wins.

You even wrote a song about it!

Crypto's not done. It's like when Toadie used to say he was gonna get rich on stocks when he was old enough, and we've thousands of Toadies reaching crypto age every day. For that and its enormous reach, it'll be the longest-tail Ponzi in history, building on the foundations of its best-case raison d'etre as a laundry service.

Getting on and off at the right times is the gamble, but at this point I don't see any major advantage over EV betting (for legals). The only big winners were the early worms, never to be repeated.

And if the time ever came that coins could only be used internally, the whole thing collapses. Most IPTV providers love coins, for example, but they'd go back to taking a risk with cards if they couldn't convert.

I'm sure there'll be another stimulant like NFT in the next few years. If you knew when, you'd be set.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Sorry guys I won on ETH. I mean not like a stupid amount but I made a grand and sold it. Still got my XRP that is worth half it was last week but still double what I paid. I always figured this was put in what you can afford and get lucky.
    This is fair enough. If you’re treating them as ridiculously volatile investments that you might lose out on, and try and time your exit right to make a quick buck. Same really applies to NFTs (although that movement has surely peaked now or damn close to it). You can make money from a pyramid scheme if you time it right.
    But clearly, that is not how many are treating this.
  • The study confirmed that what looked like many different accounts were in fact two “bots” – automated trading software – that were named Markus and Willy by the traders who identified them. The bots were controlled by a single entity.

For three months in late 2013, Markus and Willy bought and sold bitcoins on Mt Gox. Their trading was unusual: Markus paid no fees, and Willy could execute trades even when the exchange was offline. They bought Bitcoin for nothing and sold it at the market rate. As a detailed, anonymous report on the bots noted, “Markus is somehow buying tons of BTC [Bitcoin] without spending a dime”.

Gandal’s paper showed that Willy and Markus greatly inflated the amount of trading that appeared to be happening on Mt Gox – and with it, the price of Bitcoin. “On the [50] days when they were active”, says Gandal, “Bitcoin’s price… went up by five per cent [per day]. And on the 40 days they weren’t active, Bitcoin’s price actually dropped.”

The effect of this fraudulent trading was such that the price of Bitcoin rose from around $100 to over $1,000 in two months.
  • The data showed that whenever Bitcoin’s price began to fall, Tether was issued by Bitfinex and sent to two other exchanges, where it was used to buy Bitcoin – which would then rise in price. The team conducted 10,000 simulations see if this could be a chance occurrence. Not one gave the same returns. The algorithms attributed the Tether flows that occurred at the same times as these price rises to a single entity. As they explained in the paper, “this one large player… either exhibited clairvoyant market timing or exerted an extremely large price impact on Bitcoin”.

This time, Bitcoin’s price wasn’t pumped by a few hundred dollars, but by thousands of dollars. In December 2017, its price reached almost $20,000 dollars and the total value of the Bitcoin market exceeded $237bn. Griffin is confident that at least half of this price rise was manufactured using Tether.
    https://www.newstatesman.com/business/finance/2021/07/bitcoins-gold-rush-was-always-illusion
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    This is fair enough. If you’re treating them as ridiculously volatile investments that you might lose out on, and try and time your exit right to make a quick buck. Same really applies to NFTs (although that movement has surely peaked now or damn close to it). You can make money from a pyramid scheme if you time it right. But clearly, that is not how many are treating this.

Yep how I've treated it. Even if XRP bottoms out to nothing, I'll have still made £800 all in. Was fun to mess around with at the time. If, for some bonkers reason, XRP ever balloons I'll just take out the cash.
  • Just remember what Buffet said...

"Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful".
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Unless there's poison at the king's banquet.

monkey wrote:
    bitcoins-gold-rush-was-always-illusion

'Cept we can't buy Nvidia shovels. That's real enough.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    No Fucking Thanks.

Things can only get better.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It's so comically awful in its grift I almost approve on a pisstake level, except for its depressing reveal of how many sillies roam the crypts.
  • Quite a lot of jargon in this and a whole bunch of it goes over my head, but interesting that his general opinion (as I read it) seems to be "the technology won't fix the social issues, because the social issues arise from human actions, and the humans aren't changing, so the technology will be exploited/utilised in exactly the same manners as prior tech to reinforce the status quo": https://the-crypto-syllabus.com/yanis-varoufakis-on-techno-feudalism/

Also, crikey, linked from the above is this about the new wave of gold-farmers in NFT/crypto games like Axie Infinity: https://restofworld.org/2021/axie-infinity/
    The whole "price of entry" and "scholarship/taking a cut" parts just absolutely reek of exploitation... but then again the folk that are doing okay with it are making more money than they could have done otherwise... so it's a bit ethically-conflicting really.

However, reading further into the Varoufakis interview I can see how people interested in crypto/digital-currency see them positively as a long-term play against the power of the banks/financial industries - but the later parts about "command capital/value" and how digital platforms are both manipulating our behaviours and also getting us to add further "command capital/value/data" into their system is interesting. Might have to get his book to read deeper into it.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    No Fucking Thanks.

Don’t be put off by either the length or the amount of jargon peeps, this should be essential viewing for everyone.
    Brilliant stuff, and if an old fool like me can get through it, then pretty much anyone can.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yep. Arguably the best bit of [made for YouTube] content I've ever seen. 

I have a very good friend who has fallen into this NFT thing. He bought at least one of these apes things a couple of months ago, when I had never heard of them. I can't figure out if it would be a good idea to send him this video or not. He has battled mental health issues for the last couple of years and- knowing him as I do- I could imagine him spring boarding from this video back into self-loathing, as it would make him question his own judgement again. 

Then again, if this is a conclusion he will inevitably reach someday, perhaps sooner is better than later, before he throws even more money at it?
  • Great video. Very well researched and delivered. Pretty much all you need to know.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Yeah you come out with a very good understanding of crypto and NFTs. His other vids are also worth a watch, I think it was someone on here who linked to his flat earth one.
    Things can only get better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!