Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Thanks both. I'm not trying to claim it would be better than what we have - just want clear why there weren't at least some cases of it being done "right". And it sounds like there maybe are but they get lost in three noise of other shite going on.
  • It’s already fucked their PR though - at least 4 unified studios they’ve published/done business with came out to tell them to get fucked, and it brought to light the awful Team17 reviews on GlassDoor, along with the clearly faked 5-star reviews. Seems like there’s been issues there lurking - wouldn’t be surprised if this kicks off a death spiral.
  • WorldwideFund for nature are into NFTs too. Good stuff.
  • This is the next big thing.  

https://www.thefashionlaw.com/nike-names-stockx-in-lawsuit-over-sale-of-unauthorized-sneaker-centric-nfts/

Lawsuits are the next big thing. Big brands bringing their big legal teams to bear on grifters minting NFTs and making money off of their trademarked intellectual property.

Beeple always had the protection that when he used something like Homer Simpson’s face in a 3D render it was art. The people selling NFT trainers for your avatar to wear in Second Life or some shit don’t have the ‘art’ excuse. It’s literally passing off. They’re selling (virtual) Nike trainers without having the rights to do so.
    Nike wrote:
    It’s a virtual playground for infringers to usurp the goodwill of some of the most famous TMs in the world and use those trademarks without authorization to market their virtual products and generate ill-gotten profits.

(Of course, the next next big thing will be the big brands selling their own NFT shite. After they’ve shut down the grifters, they’ll become bigger, more official, grifters themselves. In fact I just checked and Nike are launching their first batch of virtual trainers later this month.)
  • Lol.
    Inevitable.
  • Hollyoaks is doing a Crypto scam storyline.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Hollyoaks is doing a Crypto scam storyline.

Imagine seeing this sentence a decade ago.

• It wpuld have involved Tony becoming a Russian spy.
  • I am enjoying the ferociously crap rap stylings of these bitcoin heisters, then.
  • “Versace Bedouin” is Razzlekhan’s anthem, dedicated to all weirdos, entrepreneurs, hackers, misfits, and all the unique people who pursue what they want. This song represents who I am: a badass CEO and female rapper, who's ready to take on Wall Street, Silicon Valley, and any other place that oppresses individual uniqueness and self expression.

We wanted this video to give people a taste of what it’s like to have synesthesia, so it kind of feels like an LSD acid trip, and has a bit of the “burning man vibe.” Just like art and fashion of the unfortunately murdered Gianni Versace, the visuals of this cinematography feature bright bold colors and sexuality, but with a North African bedouin twist (as opposed to Greco-Roman).

Just exquisite.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Should have gone Greco-Roman
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That's a parody, right?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s hard to tell, but I don’t think it is.

• Me I'm looking out for the fortunately murdered.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There are some inconsistencies in that article. I actually held SLP way back when (December 2020). It doesn't take into account the market.

SLP was always a 5-10 cent token. It shot to 40 cents as, way back, it was only on the SLP/ETH pairing, so you could only swap SLP for ETH and vice-versa. It's run to 40 co-incided with numerous new pair listings, including USD, which allowed no fee transaction swaps, and also with BTC's last bullrun to 69k. This price increase is what brought the new players as potential profit was now way higher and as such more play. Once BTC crashed it, like every single other token, crashed too. Most alts are down 60-90%, just like SLP. AXS itself is down from $166 to $64.

Alts always run high when new pairings are listed. It has forever been this way as it opens up to more traders and everyone wants the new thing, then FOMO kicks in.

This is what happens across the whole sphere when BTC crashes. Hence in game assets being worth less. Its also happened to SAND, MANA and multiple others. Market correlation. Its why BTC as a 'currency' is fucking stupid right now.

They have actually changed the structure of SLP just recently to counter potential price crashes somewhat.

Article makes some salient points about the future of play-to-earn, it'd just be nice for it to be factually correct on certain aspects. Until BTC itself is more stable as an asset (long way off) this will always be the case.

In BTCs latest mini-run back to 46k, SLP is the biggest earner, being up almost 500%. BTC goes up, price goes up. BTC goes down, opposite. No asset, even ETH, is strong enough to hold up in a BTC crash. Bots see to this.

But then hysteria trumps facts at times, on both sides. If there's one space I do understand, it's the BTC market.
  • Does anyone want to buy by MotoGP Ignition cards? I'm told they may finish the project one day....
  • What is it you're saying is factually incorrect?
    The value of an in-game currency called Smooth Love Potions (SLP) crashed from last summer's high, above $0.40, to a value of around $0.01 in January 2022, lower than its price a year earlier when few people had heard of NFTs and the game itself had only about 50,000 active players. This is a big problem for Axie Infinity, because the object of the game is "playing to earn" and SLP is the currency you earn by playing.

That seems to tally with what you're saying. It doesn't really matter what caused the crash, and the article doesn't state that this was limited to the game only, the point is that SLP is worth far less now than it was then. If the point of your game is to 'earn money', how much you can earn matters.

Reading through the article, it really does seem like the concept was how can we make a game from NFT's, and not how can NFT's improve our game.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m confused by the suggestion that Bitcoin is going to become stable. Why would it?
  • When it goes to zilch at last, that'll be pretty stable.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    @Dante - The article is set out as if the economy of the game crashed its value,, which ties into the whole anti sentiment of near everything posted both in here and around other places. It doesn't explicitly state what actually caused the crash which would, now and again, be nice to see for actual clarities sake.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I’m confused by the suggestion that Bitcoin is going to become stable. Why would it?

Regulation will eventually happen, which would temper the insane volatility somewhat
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s not left me much less confused to be honest. What sort of regulation will reduce volatility?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Checks against money laundering and market manipulation might help, but then what advantage is there over actual money?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    That’s not left me much less confused to be honest. What sort of regulation will reduce volatility?

There's large scale daily market manipulation which would be investigated and punished with a regulated asset.

No asset is 'stable', hell there's a dude I follow on Twitter that made most his money betting on GBP v Euro volatility.

But watch any crypto market and you will see large scale spoof buy and sell orders which drive price action based around retail and institutional FOMO, market manipulation by big players which again knocks on to retail, hence days of 10-20% volatility, insider trading, primarily on listings, is rife m, disgustingly so.

I actually got a tip (Random dude on Discord I took a punt on believing) that RLC was going to be listed on Coinbase. It was and still is a nothing asset, nobody knew what it was so it didn't make sense. I bought at $1.70. Two days later it was listed and I got out at $3.50. It went to $18. Trading size went ballistic an hour before the 'unknown' listing announcement, almost 20x more size volume.

Regulate this and it'd be a far more 'stable' asset.

And as Goober says, what would then separate it? Not much, but when large scale institutional investment is now in the game, Saylor and others, billions being played with daily, it's only a matter of time imo. Countries talking about making it a legal tender, El Salvador already have done. More businesses taking it on as a legit payment option etc.

Something else will just spring up in its place.

It'll never be a widely accepted asset while volatility is so high, but then it'll never earn any credence at all without being a widely accepted asset. Catch 22.

I just wish more were honest in stating they're in it for the potential gains, rather than 'tech'. As I was.
  • It is certainly part of the problem though. Every MMO has run into similar. The only sink they have is breeding, and breeding devalues your monsters. So if you get a rush of players in as they did, who aren't going to breed, your economy is fucked.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It is certainly part of the problem though. Every MMO has run into similar. The only sink they have is breeding, and breeding devalues your monsters. So if you get a rush of players in as they did, who aren't going to breed, your economy is fucked.

They've since changed the economy to make SLP harder to earn, but giving out more AXS as rewards, which then focuses more on the breeding aspect of the game. Believe it or not the creators original intention was it to be more a game than pay-to-earn, just the listing and BTC bullrun makde it more about thr latter. SLP was never actually designed to go to a silly price.

They've also greatly enhanced how much SLP is burned to lower the amount actually in existence.

People play, they can earn a couple of quid rather than holy fuck life changer money here and there and hopefully enjoy trading and battling was it's premise all along.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Maybe I’m missing something here, but surely a major tool in detecting and preventing market manipulation in regular assets is to do with knowing who owns what and what they’re doing with it. How would that work with cryptocurrencies?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!