Avengers End Game **SPOILERS DISCUSSION**
  • Ha, Digi that made me laugh.

I think the thing I like about Thanos' plan is that it really doesn't make sense in the long run because he hasn't thought it through. He just cray cray. If you have all of the power in the universe you can do anything really so he could 'fixed' it better.

I liked that earth people couldn't move on and rebuild properly. Maybe everyone left New York because that's where the Avengers are based and fuck those guys. If nearly everyone has lost someone that they love then that's a lot of people who will possibly just give up and go into a depression.

I did find missing Cap Marvel a bit weird though. Made for a good final moment but I would have thought they'd call her back earlier
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thing is you look back at the snap and who is left and this was all about giving the og characters a send off. Feels stupid I didn't get it at the time. Marvel is part of 2.0 so she comes at the end.
  • Yeah definitely seemed that way to me. Could have used her as a sidekick though like Rocket/nebula.

It's fun going back and watching the trailers too just to see non-fat Thor and regular Banner. Those cheeky devils.
  • Enjoyed the movie. Don't understand how cap america got all the stones back as that would involve him travelling to another planet or two and if he returned the soul stone he would have bumped into red skull.

Shame cap marvel didn't have a long fight scene with thanos. Also would have preferred thanos to kill cap America when it looked like he was out for the count.

Thor in guardians of galaxy 3 will be fun. I hope the spidey movie references the 5 year gap. Onto Secret Wars for the next phase.

• EvilRedEye wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Was there anything post-credits? I didn’t stick around to find out.

Nope!

Yes. There is a audio clip at the very end which is stark working on the first iron man suit in iron man 1.
  • That’s certainly not worth sitting through the entire credits for though. I mean, they showed the same scene on Downey Jr’s fancy main credit.
  • Looking forward at the marvel movie slate, next year we have a Black Widow origins movie. A bit late in the day ain't it? Also the guy who plays thor said he was going to call it a day with his character however now he'll be in guardians 3 I guess he's changed his mind?

Black panther 2 is definitely happening, strong possibly of doc strange 2 as well. I think we could be looking a big gap ( years wise) before we see another avengers movie.
  • poprock wrote:
    That’s certainly not worth sitting through the entire credits for though. I mean, they showed the same scene on Downey Jr’s fancy main credit.

Agreed. I left, as I knew about the lack of extra scenes and just the audio snippet.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I mean if that's a Thing then surely the Darth Vader breathing at the end of the Phantom Menace credits is also a Thing. And no-one stayed for the end of those credits.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Was there anything post-credits? I didn’t stick around to find out.
    Nope!
    Yes. There is a audio clip at the very end which is stark working on the first iron man suit in iron man 1.
    So that's the noise I heard...

BTW, what happened to Thor's hammer after old Cap returned? Remember he took it with him.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Thor’s hammer needed to go back to Asgard.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So apparently they filmed this before captain marvel so didn't really know what to do with Brie Larson. That is sure apparent.
  • She's a central character in the next phase. So I expect her to have plenty of screen time.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I would have been annoyed if she'd done too much since she wasn't in Infinity War. I think they got her involvement just about right tbh.
  • Yeh she's the equivalent of superman, stupidly powerful. If thanos had fought her without the gauntlet on he probably would have lost. I mean he had to do an infinity stone punch just to shake her off. Personally I like her character.
  • I don’t even think she has a character.
  • monkey wrote:
    I don’t even think she has a character.

She's only had one movie and a bit role in this, needs time to develop her character.
  • Nah, you knew who Iron Man was after one film. Captain america, Thor. It’s probably nothing they can’t fix.
  • No idea what the original comic character is like, but I quite like the idea of Danvers being the cocky show-off version of Captain America. An all-American Air Force test pilot who found herself in control of incredible power.
  • poprock wrote:
    No idea what the original comic character is like, but I quite like the idea of Danvers being the cocky show-off version of Captain America. An all-American Air Force test pilot who found herself in control of incredible power.

Maybe that's not come across properly. Cause that's what I thought as well. She's a cocky test pilot hence her personality.
  • I still can't wrap my head around how Thanos being killed by the gauntlet doesn't fuck up time.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Doesn't fuck up our time. Fucks up the alternate universe's although arguably for the better.
  • Ah right, so there is an alternate universe where Iron Man is still alive then.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Iron Man is gonna be the Sammy Jackson of the next series confirmed.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just a bit I wanted to mention that I liked, the hug between Peter and Tony :'(
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Killing earlier Thanos and not messing up time really bothered me too. Cap returning the stones doesn’t work for me on how to fix their timeline. It doesn’t spoil a great movie, just niggles me.

The returning dusted heroes was the highlight for me.
    Things can only get better.
  • THE Mjolnir scene was my favourite, with the whole past New York section being a close second.
  • Watched this today.

Quibbles first: Killing Thanos fucks up the timeline they’ve been trying to maintain, because that’s past Thanos, who is yet to do anything we’ve seen so far. So, what’s the point in trying to return the stones to the points they were taken, because you’ve already fucked that timeline. Past Gomorrah wasn’t with the GotG at the funeral, so... what happened to her? They needed to punt past Thanos, past Nebula and past Gomorrah back into the timeline, along with the stones.

I found Fat-Thor funny, but I wish they’d taken two seconds to send him somewhere/time to get buff for the final battle.

Two things I really wanted to see were a) Thor kicking ass to Immigrant song - it was a mistake to not use it in Infinity War, which I felt they should have corrected in this; and b) Thor and Captain Marvel kicking ass side by side. I understand that they were heading for an Iron Man is the ultimate saviour ending a long time ago, so kinda had to commit, but Thor or Captain Marvel makes more sense. Then, more recently, the Infinity War post-credits sequence and Captain Marvel film point towards her being the answer. She can bring down massive spaceships by flying through them, but can’t deal with Thanos? Hmmm.

HOWEVER, having said all of that, I fucking loved it. I left Infinity War feeling a bit meh; they’d already planted the seed that everything was reversible when Thanos brought Vision back, so I didn’t feel the impact of people turning to dust as I maybe should have, until the post-credits of Ant-Man & The Wasp, and the start of this. I thought they did an exceptional job with the start of this film of driving home that things were bad.

I really enjoyed a lot of the humour, and managed to balance the tone of the serious/funny Marvel styles. Someone said that the fat Thor jokes didn’t always land, but I was surrounded by an audience who thought every bit of it landed, which helped me in tending to agree. While it was a bit on the nose, I liked the line-up of female characters.

While I like Cap, I confess his first two films haven’t stuck in my memory, so I kinda have to take his storyline at face value.

I hugely enjoyed GotG and Ragnarok, so I have high hopes for GotG Vol 3, if they’re taking that route.

Ultimately, I know that at some point in the future I’ll watch all of the films in a short period of time, and it’s good that I’ll always have it in the back of my head that it doesn’t end on a bum note.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    How did they kill past thanos? I thought that was the one who had done the snap, hence his scarring on his face.
    At the end of Infinity wars he was shown in his chill town
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    No it’s the past Thanos that finds out the future Avengers plan to reverse the snap, when Quill is getting the power stone. He gets past Nebula to enable him to travel to the future for the final battle. I’m assuming that means his army travelled from the past too, which doesn’t make sense given the limitations The Avengers had when they time traveled.
    Things can only get better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!