Avengers End Game **SPOILERS DISCUSSION**
  • I spent half the film wanting Loki to turn up proper. <3 Hiddlestone.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Does this movie have white men wearing fancy pants and saving the world?
    You are smarter than this.

Oh I am smart. I am watching something fucking amazing
    Spoiler:

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I'm watching podcasts.

Tbh super action hero fights are total white noise now.
    I'm sure this is fun but I'm not fussed by spoilers anyway.
    Like everything I have seen as a spoiler has been depressingly obvious. And then I realized I couldn't give a shit if any if these people died.
    Like, who cares? They, by definition, arent real people. They will all be back if money says yes.
    There hasn't even been anything juicy yet. Pffffff.

I'll just torrent it.
  • The time travel thing kinda works if you don't think of it as time travel.

Its easier if you just think of them as going to different universes (they travel huge distances as well) thanks to it being quantum jumping as opposed to straight out going backwards and forwards in time. The film has a line which sort of explains it by saying you going to the past would still be your future.

This helps explain some of the stuff at least in my mind.

Basically:

- Going back in time does not cause any effect on their own situation. This works both ways. They are just going to a different universe to get an object - in this case the stones.

- The quantum GPS is how they all arrive back at the same point. The only reason for this is that they want to specifically effect a joint universe. Otherwise they can pop off to different times as Cap and Iron man do after new York. I think this is also how Cap re-appears. He didn't link back to Hulk to help find his way home, he was able to pick a location and time to jump back to. The Cap at the end has lived his last Jump with a different Peggy and then came back. I think this is also why he wont 'tell' Falcon about Peggy. He gets his reward.

- There's nothing to say that Thanos and his more advanced tech wasn't able to figure out how to quantum jump once they had the tech from Nebula. All they need to jump their ship and army is a homing  beacon which evil Nebula provides.

- 2014 Thanos dying has no effect on the main timeline universe but it does mean there is a universe where Thanos disappeared from in 2014. Killing Thanos in 2024 (if I have that right) isn't stopping him from doing the click - the click has happened and the Thanos who did it is already dead thanks to Fat Thor. The 2014 Thanos is just an opportunistic bastard who say a chance to get all the stones and not suffer the same fate as his other version. They are 2 different people (in the same way Nebula killing 2014 Nebula doesn't wipe her or her actions out) 

- The only reason to return the stones is because of Banners promise. The main timeline universe would be unaffected by not returning the stones (although it would mean that the infinity stones would now exist again in that universe. ) I'm guessing if Cap didn't return the time stone for example, it would lead to dormamu winning in that universe version of the Doctor Strange movie but Thanos could never complete the set. 

- Cap cant exchange his life for Black Widow. She would always be dead. This is the same as Gamoras return not actually being her but the 2014 universe Gamora. Cap could show up before the exchange and swap his life but the event has already happened in the main timeline universe - this would just create another universe where Cap does the swap.

So I think that covers most of the stuff. Not sure if I have it completely right but it works for me.

The only thing that doesn't quite work is the 5 year thing BUT we never knew who was left in Peters class after the dusting - its possible that all his main characters (MJ, Brock, Ned) got dusted so they just go back to their normal school year. Otherwise, going by Scotts family, everyone did move on and those who got dusted didn't (see Hawkeyes daughter as a comparison)
    SFV - reddave360
  • What if you moved on in 5 years and all of a sudden your wife is at your door and your banging your new Mrs?!

Loved it, aside from Falcon as Cap? Nah.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed it and definitely better than infinity war in my book.

Paradoxes schmaradoxes, I guess I'm willing to accept however it turns out in the end and I don't think it's something you can argue logically, I just enjoyed it. It was a fitting end.

Did a well up job at that hug with Peter and Tony and when Tony died as well. Steve getting his Peggy was a lovely moment.

Thought the scene where they line up all the women ready to fight was a bit of a fuck you to all those Internet cretins bitching in their basements about having women in main roles. Was heavy handed af, but it got a big smile from me.

I liked thor dealing with his failure, wasn't too hot on them making someone getting fat a huge joke, but Hemsworth to me really has grown the most in these films.

They have no idea what to do with captain marvel and it showed in the way she was used here. I actually forgot about why she wasn't around and I'm guessing it's because she could have shortened the film by two hours.

But loved it loads.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Its more to do with that this was done before her film was, and shes not really part of the narrative arc of the Infinity Saga anyway.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Any idea how Stark got the stones into his gauntlet right under big boy’s nose?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Don't forget the glove that was used to bring everyone back and that thanos tried to use was built by Tony.
    You rang.....
  • Hemsworth really has grown the most in these films.

Now that is how do do a fat joke.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Yes. The space stone was replaced, I’m guessing before any of the stealing shit happened, so he never gets to warp away. So his neck still gets snapped by oh shit wait but past Thanos dies in future so maybe he doesn’t kill Loki and oh fuck I hate this shit

Cap & Stark steal it in 1972, then Cap puts it back in 1972, so everything after that can still happen with it. It’s still there to be stolen by Loki in 2012 when Stark fumbles the ball. I’m trying to remember when else it pops up, but Loki has to know where it is to produce it and hand it over at the start of Infinity War... I think.
  • Nanobots.

You’d think he’d use them first time around, instead of him and Bruce doing their delicate laser tweezers thing.

It’s almost as though we’re not meant to scrutinise it...
  • Damn you Dave and your logic! That makes sense.

And yeah, the way the stones were shuffling into position suggested that when Thanos grabbed Tony (or Tony grabbed at the glove, can't remember) Tony's glove reached out and pinched the stones like Lil John in Disney's Robin Hood.
  • Andy wrote:
    Nanobots.

You’d think he’d use them first time around, instead of him and Bruce doing their delicate laser tweezers thing.

When you say first time around, what bit does that mean?
  • I think when they make the glove that Hulk snaps.
  • Andy wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Yes. The space stone was replaced, I’m guessing before any of the stealing shit happened, so he never gets to warp away. So his neck still gets snapped by oh shit wait but past Thanos dies in future so maybe he doesn’t kill Loki and oh fuck I hate this shit

Cap & Stark steal it in 1972, then Cap puts it back in 1972, so everything after that can still happen with it. It’s still there to be stolen by Loki in 2012 when Stark fumbles the ball. I’m trying to remember when else it pops up, but Loki has to know where it is to produce it and hand it over at the start of Infinity War... I think.

Loki in the normal timeline gets the tesseract in thor ragnorak and this is what he hands over to normal timeline thanos. The Loki who escapes in end game is a different Loki and this is why they go to a different time in the past to get it. In 2012 normally thor takes Loki and the tesseract back to asgard.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Andy wrote:
    Nanobots.

At a guess, the first time they are very careful because they are putting the stones into a gauntlet which stark made, not the actual infinity gauntlet which was forged. Once they know it works, Tony doesn't have to be so precious with the tech, he knows it will work and Friday would be able to duplicate it with the nano suit.
    SFV - reddave360
  • So which Russo brother are you Dave?
  • Great movie.

One thing I dont get. How the fuck is Falcon going to be captain  America? He is a regular bloke.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yeh, I was thinking that.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Verecocha wrote:
    What if you moved on in 5 years and all of a sudden your wife is at your door and your banging your new Mrs?!

Loved it, aside from Falcon as Cap? Nah.

Exactly what I said. Not a strong enough character to be a superhero and not a strong enough actor to carry such a franchise.
  • Great movie.

One thing I dont get. How the fuck is Falcon going to be captain  America? He is a regular bloke.

That's what I thought too. It should have been Bucky - but having a black Cap is a good thing even if it's just to annoy the shit out of that certain segment of fan.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Well we probably wont see him (new cap) on screen for 5 years + I reckon, so I don't think it matters.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    IIRC him and Bucky are gonna be in a Disney+ TV show so he probably won't be facing any movie-tier threats for years, as mentioned above.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Great movie.

That's what I thought too. It should have been Bucky - but having a black Cap is a good thing even if it's just to annoy the shit out of that certain segment of fan.

Gremill got it. Black Cap will make piss boil over. I can't wait. Also I really like Anthony Mackie, he's got real quiet charisma which will suit Cap perfectly.
  • We do know Falcon became Captain America in the comics right?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes that's why I'm here for the piss
  • My issues with explanations such as “that’s a different Loki,” are that a) it just always sounds like an excuse to get around the inherent problems with time travel, and b) I’m pretty sure they were going out of their way to say that that’s not happening here. The one time branching timelines are explicitly spoken about, it’s immediately followed by the explanation of the workaround.

But, then, this is a film that says shrinking to a tiny size means you experience linear time more slowly, ergo you can definitely go backwards, eh.

My best mate and his wife went to see it, and came out even more elated and emotional than I was. I suppose that’s all that matters.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!