Hades
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What's the trick with the bow? Everyone except me seems to love it, but it just doesn't fit with my 'always moving' playstyle. By the time I hit Elysium unless I've got that rapid fire mod, some fucker's slapping me while I'm drawing the damn thing.

From what I’ve seen, it’s all about the special with the bow, either for clearing large numbers of enemies at a distance or at point blank range to try and land every shot in one enemy.
  • Yeah there’s a boon you can get (probably Artemis) which makes you mark an enemy with attack I think and then the special homes in on them. Something like that.  That really helped me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bow special with reflect is awesome.
  • Okay - I'll give it another chance with less emphasis on the basic attack.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Easy win with the bow: get the aspect of Hera, and the Dionysus cast. Done.
  • Okay - I'll give it another chance with less emphasis on the basic attack.

Yeah, I didn't like it at first either but it's the only weapon that I've got to Hades with. For me, it's all about the special, combined with a strong dash attack and decent cast. Although you can get into quite a rhythm with the main attack criticals (when you flash on charge up).

This game is amazing.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Best escape yet.
    First with the sword.

I didnt lose a Death Defiance all run. Hades only did 100 damage to me of a total 225.

It was a full on dash strike build so my hands are now fucked, they are actually warm like I have been working out.
  • Credit roll.
    GOTY

Still loads to do.
  • Took meg down 4 or 5 times tonight. In fact beat her all but one time. Man the build variety and synergy is amazing. Got to bone dragon, nearly had him :(
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Credit roll. GOTY Still loads to do.

GotY 2020, right?
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    It was out last year... So it’ll be GotY 2018, 2019, and maybe even 2020 if it comes out of EA then. :)
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
    Came out in 2021 as far as I am concerned.

Its the new Slay the Spire.

• The Daddy wrote:
    It was out last year... So it’ll be GotY 2018, 2019, and maybe even 2020 if it comes out of EA then. :)

It did come out of EA in 2020… but you’re right on the years. Although not sure if it was fleshed out enough in 2018 to be a contender that year.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Best escape yet.
    First with the sword.

I didnt lose a Death Defiance all run. Hades only did 100 damage to me of a total 225.

It was a full on dash strike build so my hands are now fucked, they are actually warm like I have been working out.

Nice one. I'm not sure if I've reached Hades with the sword, yet.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    The Daddy wrote:

It did come out of EA in 2020… but you’re right on the years. Although not sure if it was fleshed out enough in 2018 to be a contender that year.

It’s your quote from page 1 of this thread.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Best escape yet.
    First with the sword.

Nice one. I'm not sure if I've reached Hades with the sword, yet.

I have really struggled with the Sword. That was my only really good run I think.

I ended up getting sword, shield and gun clears last night meaning I have cleared with all 6 weapons.
  • Ahaha that’s so me! Probably taking the piss out of Slay the Spire voters (which now includes me!)
  • Fuckin’ done you in mate. Tempy knows.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hoisted by his own petard
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Except you know, about 100 times better! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The art design is certainly much better.
    I havent mistaken anything for a taco for a start.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Except you know, about 100 times better! ;)
    Fuck off and die, heathen!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Couple of fun runs yesterday, I was using the rail with the rocket launcher attachment which felt quite ludicrously OP, but unfortunately the run fell apart partially due to a load of unlucky boon options which didn’t help my run, but largely down to my second rail upgrade which decided to make the standard rail attack significantly shorter-range and generally much worse.

After that, I had a run with the shield where I was able to grab divine wind early, followed by a whole load of damage bonuses for my attack and special, which meant that I was able to just dash in to enemies, quickly remove a significant chunk of their life bar and dash out again before they knew what happened, it was a tactic that took me all the way to Hades himself for the first time.

I reckon if I’d had a bit more health at the start of the fight, or one more death defiance I could use, it would have been my first clear.

• Have you got Skelly’s trinket yet?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I do, but I wasn’t using it. I didn’t even realise that I was about to reach the last level, so didn’t think to switch to it. I now know for next time.
  • The acorn is another, probably better option against Hades, especially once levelled up.
    It will give 5 free hits vs Skelly's 100 health restore.

Most things against Hades will do 20+ damage plus you won't be interrupted in any way.

Unless I'm after doing something specific I always go for the acorn in Styx and Elysium. I also default to the coin purse for Tarturus, just remember to change it out after as once you have the Gold it offers nothing.
  • Thanks for the advice re the acorn. Just beat Hades twice in a row - first with the gun and no death defiance at all. Second with the bow and one use. Feeling pretty chuffed, but...
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Some daft lore shite that I'm pondering having beaten the game a few times, open at your own risk, spoilers and utter bollocks within:
    Spoiler:
  • @Time
    Ref your spoiler.
    Yes, eventually.
  • well i started a run with the rail gun last night, had a couple of good boons then had to switch off after clearing the first stage. on returning, the game did a quick resume, but just took me to the main menu and loaded in at the room with skelly, neither resuming my game where it was, or loading the save into the game mid run (which i thought it did too?).
    anyway i started again and initially seemed to get offered the same boons, almost as if it was decided before the run started rather than random in the moment...but then things didn't go quite as smoothly as my first run. eventually got to the elysium dudes then failed there again, which seems to be my standard limit now
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!