Hades
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    well i started a run with the rail gun last night, had a couple of good boons then had to switch off after clearing the first stage. on returning, the game did a quick resume, but just took me to the main menu and loaded in at the room with skelly, neither resuming my game where it was, or loading the save into the game mid run (which i thought it did too?).
    anyway i started again and initially seemed to get offered the same boons, almost as if it was decided before the run started rather than random in the moment...but then things didn't go quite as smoothly as my first run. eventually got to the elysium dudes then failed there again, which seems to be my standard limit now

Apparently, one of the options (I think that there’s quit and start again), restarts you with the same seed, so it’s possible you had the same run again.
  • The sword is proper shite, isn't it?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I got an 18 minute clear with it last night.

Mashed Dash Strike with Zeus' chain lightning and Jolted effect. Weak dash. Artemis Boon that transfers Crit between enemies (seriously one of the best Boons for the Heroes). Artemis Call, let the God Gauge fill up before using it and it rinses Hades.
    I proper embarrassed Theseus.
  • Every weapon is good, you just have to learn to play to their strengths.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Every weapon is good, you just have to learn to play to their strengths.

This.
    although some are less obviously so or suit different styles of play so learning Boons I think is the key to getting the most out of each one.
    I am about there with all but the shield now.
  • Spear took me the longest. Messing around with aspects is good too, they change the way all sorts of Boons and Daedalus Upgrades work. The [redacted] stuff often changes up how you approach a weapon entirely.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Bow
    Spear
    Shield
    Gun
    Sword
    Fists

Top four are way out in front for me, far safer to use. Sword and fists see me lose track of what's happening and take too many hits, especially when the boons are firing off
  • I find the same with Sword and Mittens so try to get a build where it doesn't matter.
    Lots of health, auto dodge etc. Not the only way mind.

I watched a stream recording on Youtube yesterday where the guy did a pretty much pure vengeance build and beat Hades without touching the controller.
  • Demeter Fists with Ares special and Dionysus/Aphrodite and Athena Boons are absolutely godlike. Run with Hermes’ trinket for maximum craziness - dodging 30% of hits, stacking Doom with hangover/weakness/exposed to trigger the cursed damage bonus, watch the counter tick up to 12, unleash five uppercuts right in the face of a boss to see health chunks just drop off. Second only to the Eris aspect for DPS I reckon.
  • Is Poseidon rarer than other gods or something? i feel like i got useful boons from him one time but i've not seen him in a number of attempts.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Hermes is the only one with any kind of condition on his arrival I believe.
  • I wasn't aware of that with Hermes but it makes sense as his Boons aren't really like the other gods'.
  • I think Hermes only turns up a maximum of 3 times, and typically only twice. Once all the mirror perks are unlocked, he turns up in pretty predictable places (like the hammers) - at the start of act 2, and half way through act 3. He'll then sometimes show up in act 4 as a more expensive shop item (than a typical boon).

No one asked for this info, but I thought it was useful to know.....
  • Fucker left my package in the open yesterday…
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Is Poseidon rarer than other gods or something? i feel like i got useful boons from him one time but i've not seen him in a number of attempts.

I find Demeter the rarest. The others all seem to turn up fairly consistently. I've never felt the need to use thier summons keepsakes, though if I were then it would be either Poseidon (for his knockback) or Ares (for doom).

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Apparently there’s some thing going on with this so that once you’ve accepted boons from four gods (not sure if this includes Hermes), you’ll only see them for the rest of the game, unless you equip a boon trinket. Or so I’ve read.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Apparently there’s some thing going on with this so that once you’ve accepted boons from four gods (not sure if this includes Hermes), you’ll only see them for the rest of the game, unless you equip a boon. Or so I’ve read.

Do you mean for each run? Because that does seem to match my experience.

I guess this stops the damage multiplier for boons from different gods stacking too high.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't understand what equip a boon means in this case. Surely you've already equiped four? Or is it boons that don't take up a slot in your attack/special/dash etc?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Apparently there’s some thing going on with this so that once you’ve accepted boons from four gods (not sure if this includes Hermes), you’ll only see them for the rest of the game, unless you equip a boon. Or so I’ve read.

Do you mean for each run? Because that does seem to match my experience.

I guess this stops the damage multiplier for boons from different gods stacking too high.

Yeah, for each run.

I don't understand what equip a boon means in this case. Surely you've already equiped four? Or is it boons that don't take up a slot in your attack/special/dash etc?

Sorry, I meant equip a trinket which guarantees a boon from a certain god.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah right, I get it now
  • Still obsessed with this.
    Clears are becoming fairly normal now. My highest Heat level is only 4 though.

I have two Companions that I constantly forget to use.
    Unlocked 3 of the hidden Aspects. Just did a run with Arthur and carved my way through everyone.
  • Looking forward to you taking a swing at Extreme Measures 4
  • Ha.
    Ive done up to 2 I think.
    Definitely beaten Lernie in his different arena.

Extreme Measures 1 I have on almost by default because I don't find the Furies all that much harder.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've done 1 easy enough, now I'm using something else to give mini bosses a few extra tricks. Love the little bits and bobs that give it even more legs. It would have been a great game if it was just with the base weapons, never mind all the aspects etc.

Noticed a nice little touch after bopping the two posers in Elysium:
    Spoiler:
  • Still playing this, still enjoying it even though I haven't cleared it yet. Almost did with with the bow.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • The extreme measures modifiers are excellent additions - in particular 3 and 4 are great, and need to be experienced.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fuck this game. 50 escape attempts and still can't beat Hades. I think I'm actually getting worse at it, one of the Furies killed me yesterday.
  • Kow wrote:
    Fuck this game. 50 escape attempts and still can't beat Hades. I think I'm actually getting worse at it, one of the Furies killed me yesterday.

Don’t give up. It was around the 50 mark that I think I made my first escape.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Looking forward to you taking a swing at Extreme Measures 4

Gave it a go.
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    This bastard has kept me up way too late again, but I was on a roll. Saw the credits roll though, even though it still doesn't feel anywhere near complete and I'm certainly not done with it. Absolutely tremendous game

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!