Hades
  • I still haven’t cleared it with the fists. Did pretty well last night, but I got greedy. Did all the chambers in Styx, lost a death defiance. Got Bossman down to little health, if I had another DD, would’ve had him. Although not sure if the extra boons I got actually helped, can’t remember. Pros and cons to doffeeent approaches.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I started this on GP #DoubleDip. Slowly getting back into it, still not totally feeling it tbh, maybe I just need to git gudder or unlock more stuff again or study boons more carefully or maybe it's just not the game for me
  • The game does evolve for the better as you learn Boons and some Boon strategy.
    Like any good roguelike the highlight is when the stars align with dice rolls and the right decisions and you get a lol build.

I got up to Heat lvl 8 last night which means
    Spoiler:
  • Well.
    After thinking I would never even get to Hades and then during the worst run ever with the fists. I managed to get to, and beat, Hades on my first encounter with him.
    Such an odd run. Out of about 10 rooms I got zero boons (apart from the starting room), it was all keys and money etc… I thought I had the most awful build ever and I managed to get to Hades with all death defiance intact.

It’s really worth persevering even if you don’t think much of your current build.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I thought the sword was the worst weapon until I unlocked the second one and for some reason now it's my favourite. Same with the mitts, really like them now too - that magnetic uppercut.
  • And that’s Hades reached every run at the moment.
    Just beat him with the shield and just about had to use one death defiance.

I must admit I have god mode on.

I’d not be getting anywhere without it.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I must admit I have god mode on.

Ahah so that’s how you’re doing it! I was thinking “whoa, beat Hades first time?!”
  • I couldn’t in good faith fail to mention it.
  • Managed to beat Hades for the first time, with the Rail. Had triple bomb and explosive shots for most of the run and demolished everything in my way. Ended up swapping out it for the triple burst shot and high explosive special by mistake (bought an anvil looking thing in the last shop, not knowing what it did) but really destroyed him anyway.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Been playing this all weekend, got my first escape today on the 33rd attempt using fists. Had basic attack dmg ranked up + dash-punch dmg buff + dash deflect and I think that one that makes you take 30% less dmg after being hit. Meant I managed to just swarm up in the faces of everything in the whole run mashing dash+attack, felt OP tbh. Was my second time reaching the big man himself. No intention of stopping playing atm.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's not even a gif
  • Come on, ya fucking feel strong.wav
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Still no good, fella
  • Lovely stuff lads
  • made it back to Hades after eventually beating the Elysium bosses for the second time. i think it's attempt 23. got chinned off hades though i did manage a fair bit of damage

used the fists, and was the first time i got passed the second stage with them. I eventually found poseidon in an earlier attempt and got his trinket, so starting with that helped. i find his knockback/damage stuff on the dash really helpful, and managed to mix it with zeus stuff and those two are my preferred combo. no science or knowledge behind that, just seems to suit me...and i don't have the mental capacity to remember what all the gods offer anyway.

it was also only after that attempt that i realised that the upgrades for the weapons aren't stacked, but are different variants that you choose and build up. so i've prob wasted a lot of 'blood' by upgrading most of them once rather than supercharging one weapon on the variant i really want! (facepalm)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yeah Poseidon dash is really good, especially with close range weapons/tactics.
    If you can can pair that up with auto dodges/deflects you're onto a winner.
  • I think its time to retire this now.
    I opened it fresh rather than quick resume this evening and got a tidal wave of achievements come through. All the rare gem type ones so took bloody forever.

Roughly 120 attempts.
    About 40 escapes.
    Highest Heat lvl 10, that was Max Extreme Measures.

I have one more companion to unlock and I'm pretty sure I have done the quest just not bumped into the character since.
    Edit: not what I thought but I'm basically there, just need to give ambrosia to one character who isn't always at home.

Got the favor icons for most characters.

Picked up Charon's Loyalty Card once so seen that.

I think I'm happy with all that. I will probably come back to it again in the future but there is other stuff I want to play. It has totally dominated my evenings since launch.

[10]
  • Crikey. I’ve had it since original release and I’ve still only done 70 attempts (and only 10 clears).
  • Seriously though I played too much last week and started to feel a bit rough.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finally escaped. Now I need to take a break, it's all I've played for weeks.
  • Is this Game of the Year then?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s currently leading for me, personally, but there’s still Halo: Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 to come.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is this Game of the Year then?

No
  • Kow wrote:
    Finally escaped. Now I need to take a break, it's all I've played for weeks.
    Mourish isnt it?

I find it far to easy to finish a run escape or otherwise, check in with everyone, buy some upgrade bits and "just start another run, I wont finish it", then "I'll just play to Elysium", "Im at Styx so may as well finish". Repeat.
  • Yeah dipping back in for just one more run happens a lot. Have only done a couple of runs this week but weekend's are my gaming time really - will be spending more time this weekend.
  • Aiming for a clear with a time under 15 minutes (on the final timer) is a good way to enjoy the game. I'd really recommend it. 

Once you get comfortable with going fast, you can reasonably easily clear heat 12 with the 5 minute timer, EM2 and +20% enemy speed. It's not a huge leap to heat 16 from there (maybe EM3 plus reduced health or more expensive shops). Then you get to see Skelly's second prize.

Heat 32 is really hard but rewarding. I didn't find it as fun as going fast.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is this Game of the Year then?

No, I think something else won it last year.
  • voices wrote:
    Aiming for a clear with a time under 15 minutes (on the final timer) is a good way to enjoy the game. I'd really recommend it.  Once you get comfortable with going fast, you can reasonably easily clear heat 12 with the 5 minute timer, EM2 and +20% enemy speed. It's not a huge leap to heat 16 from there (maybe EM3 plus reduced health or more expensive shops). Then you get to see Skelly's second prize. Heat 32 is really hard but rewarding. I didn't find it as fun as going fast.

18 minutes is my current PB.
    That was a build that would suit a speed run I just wasn't aiming for it from the off. I reckon I could do 15 minutes if focussed on it.
    Styx luck plays into it of course. 2 or 3 doors fine, anything more or rolling Tiny Vermin is going to make it tight.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!