META QUEST - Stand Alone VR
  • Unimpressed look
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Ffs
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Just caught up on the Quest Pro stuff.
    Look through tech makes it interesting. I'm only interested in VR/AR for work and look through makes it more viable.
  • Among us vr launches this week. It seems a perfect fit for me. If they nail the atmosphere and proximity chat mixed with what we know among us is, I think it could be tons of fun.

I've pre ordered. Anyone else fancy it for £8? Seems like a very good price.
  • I'd love to but ITS ONLY FOR QUEST 2!!! Bloody meta, ignoring us plebs
  • Can anyone offer a reasonable ball park figure for selling a Quest 2 64Gb, 3rd party headstrap and grips, and a carry case? Mint condition.

Seeing that the 128Gb is retailing for £400, would £200 be too much?
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Alyx Levitation mod is out Fri.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Oooooooh. Will see if i can try and swing a VR headset from someone at work for that, I think.
  • The HL2 VR mod is something else. It's half shit and half amazing, depending on the chapter. It's so weird being INSIDE a game I know so well and it's still a great looking game in VR which is sort of amazing because bad gfx are massively amplified in VR. The attention to detail is almost as good 18 yrs later and I found myself just watching computer screens blinking away.

The transport bit in Dr Kleiners lab was great. Good voice acting helps a ton and surprisingly that magnifying glass looks better than ever in VR. It was cool at the time to watch Alyx teleport and then appear by her Dad on the monitor but now it's just as cool in a different perspective. 

It can still be clunky at times regarding VR mechanics but fucking hell it's impressive for such an old game. The most impressive thing is that under VR scrutiny the world still looks and feels great.
  • I remember playing the early half life 2 VR mod on the dev kit 2 which was the first VR that gave six degrees of movement and I spent ten minutes just looking around a health recharge unit because being able to observe something like that had never happened before VR.
    You rang.....
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm very conflicted over whether to jump for a 3070 or hold out for a 4070. Really my only reason for upgrading at the moment is VR, as the Xbox is scratching my 4k gaming itch.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    For VR the 3070 is going to be plenty fast enough. I think all the extra stuff in the 4 series is going into the frame interpolation DLSS and the improved ray tracing capability which I don’t really think VR games take much advantage of, well the latter. With Half Life Alyx being the benchmark game for me it runs flawlessly on 3070 (think it’s a Super the one with three fans anyway).
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I was considering some degree of future proofing too, but probably the 3070 will be good for years.
  • I think the main point of concern with a 3070 is that it only has 8GB of VRAM, which might possibly become an issue depending on what you want to do with it and as games get more mahoosive.
  • AMD aren't a bad bet for vr either.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'd love to but ITS ONLY FOR QUEST 2!!! Bloody meta, ignoring us plebs

Quest 1 owners no longer able to join or start parties now, I've just had an email from them to say as much.

Awesome!

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Got that email last night. I’d just created a Meta account a few days ago to keep using my Quest now it’s pretty much going to be obsolete after less than 4 years. I’ll be dropping this entirely now.
  • MOTHER FUCKERS
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    META FUCKERS
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    MOTHER FETAS
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    They also sent me £4 credit to spend, presumably because I haven't bought anything for over a year from them. Because nothing will work on it now.
  • What a fucking kick in the teeth.

I'm done
  • Yeah its been about a year since i saw any game launched with Q1 support - although simpler app lab things like GorillaTag still seem to consider the larger install base as worth the effort.
    Just goes to highlight how Facebook’s “move fast and break things” attitude leads to fast(ish) iterations of SW and HW, but also fast dropping of support :-/
  • Quest 3 supposedly this year so, since i skipped Q2 I might replace my Q1 with a gen leap when it comes out. Presumably this will be the leap-frog HW pattern in future as well.
  • I'm tempted to upgrade to a Quest 3 if it launches this year but then again... Fuck Meta and FB and giving them more money for stripping my Quest 1 of functions
  • Thats a real shame. Theres some great stuff out there for quest 2. I've been playing among us, smash drums, ib cricket. All brilliant games and great to play with friends. What a kick in the knackers for early adoptors. Great way to pass your install base right off.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I'm tempted to upgrade to a Quest 3 if it launches this year but then again... Fuck Meta and FB and giving them more money for stripping my Quest 1 of functions

Understandable reaction but given they probably make a loss on the headset, knowing most of the game profits go to the devs is a more positive point of view.

Also, all the Quest 2 titles you couldn’t access will be playable on the next one and don’t want to contemplate us all never playing Walkabout Golf again, let alone what marvels are waiting in the VR wings…

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    After many conversations with my inner Gollum ‘Get a PS5 and PSVR2’ or go full metal jackoff with a haptic gun? We pulled the trigger…

Say hello to my not so little friend.

Priscilla
    cNBt3hD.jpg

Yes, she’s expensive, but amazing often is. I’ll let Mac say a few words on her behalf.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    HOW MUCH?

jeezalooo
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The DHL import duty was the unexpected genital cuff. Seventy quid. Mate.

Stumped for the magnetic release front cup attachment because BRRAAAP RATTA TAT TATTA.

3Djs79E.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!